Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 132)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hint: 3 of the characters in Ibby's guess are correct, including the two who are blood relatives.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Not familiar with the situation or genre as much, but I'll wager some guesses:

Zatanna
Zatara
Phantom Stranger
Sargon
Tim Hunter
Etrigan

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Still only three are correct, but if you examine both guesses, the three are now obvious.

And this was way before Tim Hunter's time.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Re-guessing with:

Dr. Occult
Sargon
Spectre
Zatanna
Zatara
Felix Faust...?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Zatanna
Zatara
Sargon
Dr. Occult
Mr. E
Baron Winters

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Neither of you is 100% correct. Quis is closer.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great story Lardy! I see where you've gotten in your current reading project!

Zatarra (dies)
Zatanna
Sargon (dies)
Baron Winters
Dr. Occult
Mento (goes crazy)

and of course Constantine

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Great story Lardy! I see where you've gotten in your current reading project!

Zatarra (dies)
Zatanna
Sargon (dies)
Baron Winters
Dr. Occult
Mento (goes crazy)

and of course Constantine

Got that from memory, didja pal? [Razz]

For a little back ground, this story occurred in Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run and culminated the long storyline that introduced John Constantine. Swampy, the Phantom Stranger, Etrigan, the Spectre, Dr. Fate and Deadman were all combatting a primal evil in Hell as Constantine's seance circle tried to aid them how they could but paid the prices that Cobie mentioned.

Great story! Your go, Cobester!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Dr. Occult was the only one I was unsure of. I should check on it, but I think this was the first time Occult appeared in a DC series since pre-Golden Age.

Something similar: according to the Phantom Stranger, who among the various DC magic-related franchises / properties is one whom magic holds no power over? And why?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Thirteen. Because he doesn't believe in magic.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Nailed it.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

In the original Turok, Son of Stone series, who was Turok's companion?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
His brother Andar?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

You are correct IB. Sorry for the delay.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.