Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Otie's third guess, should we count it, was Tommy Tomorrow and not Johnny Thunder again, which was another guess of mine.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Fixed. I wasn't sure if Cobie meant to include Johnny Thunder as having the "thing in common" (though, if so, I'd guess it was "does not wear a proper super-hero costume").
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
But... but... my guesses of the King and Zatara don't wear proper super-hero costumes... and I didn't get singled out for my brilliant guess-work... /cries/
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... I actually just came across a possible answer (from '41), but I don't see what it has in common with the characters in question.

But... unless Cobie is being really misleading in his question and hints, this can't actually be the answer.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Curious to the guess! I'm def not being misleading though. This is actually a really cool bit of trivia I know.

It's not Supes but that's always a good guess.

Blacula, the King had a mystery man mask, correct? Anyway, not *all* of your guesss had the same thing in common with Miner's so I didn't want to tell you which ones had the same theme to make things easier.

One of you will get it shortly I think.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, someone needs to get the ball rolling again, so:

Scoop Scanlon

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

There's actually a character called Gorilla with a Human Brain, who was featured in the original Blue Beetle (which, of course, wasn't actually a DC publication).
Eryk Davis Ester

Anyway, I'll guess Speed Saunders.
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Well, someone needs to get the ball rolling again, so:

Scoop Scanlon

Wait - Scoop Scanlon is the main character in the back-up tale in this week's DC Legacies. Are you telling me he's a real character from DC's history?

My mind = blown! I have to go back and re-read that story with fresh eyes now.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

As for another guess, I'm throwing darts in the dark now -

Hop Harrigan.

Blacula
Easy

P.S. Just looked up Scoop and found this little page about him -

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Scoop_Scanlon

Seems he might be in the public domain now?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Anyway, I'll guess Speed Saunders.

And Eryk has it! Speed Saunders it is and the story in question is from August 1937 in Detective Comics #6, well before the creation of Batman and most of the DCU as we know it. "The Mystery of the Lost Ape", I'm quite certain is the first time a DC character deals with an ape with a human brain, as in the last year I have become quite knowledgeable about Golden Age history (I wanted to say "first time in comics" which it just might be, but I'm not 100% confident with that).

You'll note this story is well before the creation of Blue Beetle at Fox Feature Publications either.

I thought about saying "it's a non-superhero" character but that might give it away too easily, but the theme I was shooting for in Miner's guesses was indeed "not a proper superhero uniform".

I also almost said "he's still active in the DCU today" which I also thought would make things too easy.

BTW, Speed Saunders is one of the more awesome pre-superhero protagonists in DC history. This awesome website by Mike Grost gives a great explanation on him and is what got me interested in the character in the first place.

You're up, Eryk!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wow! My randomly selecting an early DC non-superhero worked!

Okay, next question.

In both the original Transformers cartoon and the original Transformers comic book, an Autobot spaceship (the Ark) crashlands on Earth roughly 4 million years ago. Which characters were on the crew of the comic book ship but not the cartoon ship when it crashed?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Constructicons? My Transformers knowledge is pretty limited...
Eryk Davis Ester

You're kind of on the right track, but pointed in the wrong direction. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.