Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Where am I? (Page 63)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  131  132  133   
Author Topic: Where am I?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
is it Alabama?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It is not Alabama.

I'm going to give some more hints:

The city is south of the latitude of the Mason-Dixon line.

The state in which it is located has a coastline, but does not border an ocean (the Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean).

We have already determined that it is the United States, east of the Mississippi River. It is a city of fewer than 200,000 inhabitants.

[ October 01, 2011, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
then it sounds like it can be either Missouri or Arkansas...but the problem is....coastline?!? you mean the coastline is like a part of Mississippi River?? Hmmm...

does this state have more than 7 letters?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It is neither Missouri nor Arkansas. The coastline in question is not a river (though rivers do form part of this state's borders).

This state has more than seven letters.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

is it Kentucky?
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

It is not Kentucky.

Again, the city is below the Mason-Dixon's latitude. I didn't say the whole state was.

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

is it in Tennessee?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you in Metropolis, Illinois?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Is your city located in the northern part of the state in question?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I am not in Tennessee, nor in the northern part of a state.

I am in Metropolis, Illinois.

The Mason-Dixon Line is at 39 dgrees, 43 minutes north. Metropolis, Illinois is at 37 degrees, 9 minutes north. Illinois extends quite far south and Metropolis is near the very bottom of the state.

As for the coastline, Illinois borders on Lake Michigan (admittedly at the other end of the state), which is considered coastline in at least the sense of the term of tidal shoreline. There has been at least one other round where Pennsylvania was described as having a coastline--which it does on Lake Erie. If that's too confusing, the word "seacoast" may be less ambiguous.

Anyway, on to Eryk. [Smile]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For the record, PA also has a coastline on the Delaware Estuary (which one might argue is part of the ocean). I'd agree with counting coastlines on the Great Lakes for the general question of "Does it have a coastline?", however.

Anyway, I suspected you were in Illinois based on the clues, but it took me awhile to come up with somewhere significant enough in the wasteland of Southern Illinois that you might be!

I probably won't be back on until tomorrow morning, but, in the meantime... Where am I?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Except for maybe the college town Carbondale and the historically important Cairo (pronounced like Kayro Syrup), I don't think there is another city in Southern Illinois most people would have heard of, but, of course, I knew someone in this crowd would know Metropolis. [Smile]

Are you north of the Equator?

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you in the Americas?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you in Europe?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Except for maybe the college town Carbondale and the historically important Cairo (pronounced like Kayro Syrup), I don't think there is another city in Southern Illinois most people would have heard of, but, of course, I knew someone in this crowd would know Metropolis. [Smile]

Are you north of the Equator?

*groan* I should have known better about Metropolis! [No] its os obvious. [LOL]

I have been to Carbondale, Ill before....way back in 1994....SIU (Southern Ill Univ, IIRC) and famous horse harness racing. what an interesting week there, heh. [Wink]

Question: are you in the mountains?

This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  131  132  133   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.