Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Where am I? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  131  132  133   
Author Topic: Where am I?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Munich?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Munich is nowhere near this city.

Essen is close...but you need to look a little more southwest of Essen.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Dortmund?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Wrong direction Chaim - you need to look southwest of Essen - but not by much.

Here's a big hint - it starts with a 'K."

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm reduced to looking at a map now. Krefeld?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Yes! It is Krefeld Germany!

Krefeld wasn't just a random pick. Here is the wikipedia article about Krefeld:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krefeld

Pay attention to the third paragraph where it talks about students from Indiana going to Krefeld. In 1982, for 7 glorious weeks, I was one of those students. I wasn't allowed to speak English, and I ate many things that I didn't know what they were. The food was amazing whether I knew what it was or not! I stayed with a German family, and went to school as well. One of our field trips was to a racetrack. (horse racing) Still not sure what I was supposed to learn there. I also had my first experience with alcohol. And my second. And my third. And..well, you get the idea. Good times...

Anyway, Chaim, you are up.

Is this city/town/whatever in the Americas?

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I gave up after Essen. Even looking at the map, I had never heard of anything else nearby.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Yes, my location is in the Americas.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

lancesrealm
amiable

Ha! Rocky, you did most of the work, and Chaim swooped in for the win at the end. Anyway...

Is it in North America?

Chaim Mattis Keller

Sorry for that. I'd have been happy to "do the work" as well, but I only discovered the thread late. I like the animal game well enough, but geography is one of my favorite subjects, so expect to see me a lot in this thread.

It is in North America.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Geography is one of my favorites, too. And no worries, Chaim. We all help each other in these threads! [Big Grin]

Is it in the USA?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

It is in the USA.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Is it east of the Mississippi?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

It is not east of the Mississippi.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Is it west of the Rocky Mountains (not named for me, alas)?

--------------------

This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  131  132  133   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.