Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh cool. I've been looking forward to seeing the Question. He's in the ads so I've been wonderingabout him.

I wonder if we should do a JLU watch-thread with lots of spoiler warnings?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta say The Question was definitely the best part of this episode. Ollie had a few smirk moments, but the plot just kinda left me flat. Although I think it has long term potential if they run with the set up through the rest of the season.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Ha ha
The Question is great! Boy bands are part of a global conspiracy. (heh) This guy's more paranoid than Batman.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty good ep but I wish General Hardcastle fired that bullet into Ollie. That would have made it much better. JLU Power Girl aka Galatea (Tea) was interesting. If your a Supergirl fan you should definately watch this ep.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

No kidding.
I jumped up and shouted "Power Girl! Yes!"
I was wrong...or was I?...but it was cool anyway.
Nice rack too but not up to Wally Wood's proportions.

- a guy can hope can't he? -

ActorLad
Un-Famous

I just remembered what I thought was kind of odd in this ep.

They let Evil PowerGirl Gala(Tea) date?

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
**GGGAAAHHH!!!!**** I missed it!! The Question's one of my all-time favs and I missed it -- both times!! (it runs twice over the weekend right?) It doesn't run again during the week does it??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

It runs 3 times a week, so you'll have once more chance to see it. It goes brand new ep Saturday night, a repeat late afternoon Sunday, & a repeat of the same ep early the next Saturday.

--------------------
ActorLad

DrakeB3004

Cool beans! I"m settin up the VCR right now!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I get that last repeat on Saturday at noon after the Teen Titans. Check your Tv Guide and adjust for your time zone and you're set.

- if you start seeing swirling rainbow patterned colored lights and some guy in a tattered purple robe shows up then you've done something wrong with your timer, set your clock to the wrong hour (remember Twin Peaks?), or your meta-gene kicked in -
Push reset immediately!

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreenActingBug:
I just remembered what I thought was kind of odd in this ep.

They let Evil PowerGirl Gala(Tea) date?

Well, they let her date so she could give info to the reporter (who wasn't much of a reporter since he didn't confirm that information with another source, apparently).

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Of course, there's also the implication that their dating was more than casual, since the reporter knew about her waking up with nightmares. [Love]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Great ep tonight, Green Lantern! [Razz] Squeaky wheels space-rawk! [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I finally saw last weeks' ep earlier today and it was great! Interesting spin on "Power Girl" (hey, her origin's pretty foggy in current continuity anyway), and I loved the Question! It's a new and interesting interpretation of the character, much more Rorshach than before, but quite enjoyable - he had the best lines. The CGI robot and helicopters bothered me though - they can create a CGI that looks like cell animation, so why make it look modeled and completely discongruous with the characters?

It was surprising this was so closely tied to the previous series - I hope the followup to this will be shown this season.

Regarding tonight's Booster Gold episode, it was enjoyable, but mostly for the Mordru battle - I was pleasantly surprised they went with the old school version and the Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman "Combined JLAer" was a fun bit, as were all the cameos.

[ September 11, 2004, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: DrakeChase3004 ]

Yk
between boots

Yeah, I spotted Booster and started looking for his Legion flight ring.
Then moments later I'm shouting "Mordru!" In the old flat topped hat even. Sweet.

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.