Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SharkLad's tank (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SharkLad's tank
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<phineas pinpoints the the correct timeline when Shark Lad returns. He relaxes his will and lets the wave function collapse, emerging into the present>

Ah... the abomination returns...

<taps on the glass, smiling evilly>

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, you in the dork-tastic vest ... didn't anyone ever tell you not to tap on the glass ...

<SharkLad does a double-take>

Wait a second ... Fuddle? What the sprock are you doing here?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

I think the question, my dear... oh, I apologize... it would be an insult to humans to call you "dear boy"... is:

What are you doing here?

Certainly you had your chance to die with dignity at my hands... but, now... you will pray for such release.

You see... in this timeline... you don't even exist.

<phineas meets Shark Lad's eyes and, at the speed of thought, the new timeline is imparted>

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nil actum reputa si quid superest agendum

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

What am I doing in this tank? I can't swim. This is so peculiar.

--------------------

Phineas B. Fuddle

<closing his eyes, phineas slips back a femtosecond into the future. He breathes deeply>

That was... much easier than Jailbait Lass!

My strength grows!

The weaving was so simple. After his creator found the dead body of the fetal Shark Lad, I rewove it such that the genetic experiment continued, but with the most harmless creature I could think of... The Naked Mole Rat. Ah, Phineas... you are a clever one!

<feeling quite pleased with his work, Phineas fades again to the Orrery>

SharkLad
Advisor

Ugh! I don't like this. I don't like this one bit.

<flops out of the tank>

I'd much prefer a nice, safe, dry burrow.

--------------------

Phineas B. Fuddle

<as Phineas B. Fuddle activates his celestial mechanism in his Orrery, a whiteout of chronal regression begins to spread across this establishment>

<Legion World is dying>

SharkLad
Advisor

WHAT?!? Is nothing sacred?

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

<Following the battle at the Orrery, SharkLad lumbers into the underground vault containing his tank>

(A naked mole rat? What the sprock?)

<dives into the tank>

It never ends well ... Shady, Lash, Delilah ... now Mary, I mean, Lolita ...

<dives deeper into the tank>

(It could have been so ... nah, who am I kidding? I was designed to kill not to ... )

<SharkLad's mind wanders back to the library and all the times he [or Naked Mole Rat Lad] tried to build up the courage to ask the librarian out>

(Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur)

SharkLad, over and out

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

SharkLad is having a leisurely swim when his dorsal fin starts to tingle.

"What the?" he says, leaping out his tank.

"My sharky-sense hasn't go off since the last major crisis here on LegionWorld. Could something big be going on?"

SharkLad sloshes his way over to the door of his underground chamber.

"I better check things out."

SharkLad's communicator vibrates.

"One new message... from Dev-Em..."

SharkLad enters his password into his communicator.

"Sprock!" SharkLad exclaims as he listens to the message, "Furball is making a stink?!? I knew we should have finished our mediation..."

SharkLad hightails it out of his chamber...

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

"INYUK CHUK!"

SharkLad appears suddenly in the vault containing his tank from the rooftops and skyscrapers of Legionnpolis

SharkLad dives into his tank.

"Aaahhh... that feels better... I can already feel the wounds healing... the next time I get my claws on that sprockin' Furball, I'm gonna... I'm gonna... well, I gonna... SPROCK! Why am I feeling sympathy for him? He's been a remora on my hide for longer than I can remember... still, I don't even know if there's a good reason for us to be fighting anymore... Bah! You're thinking too much, Bruce... no good ever comes from thinking too much..."

SharkLad's communicator sounds.

"SharkLad, this is Chief Lardy... I need you at Rockhopper's Rookery STAT!"

SharkLad lets out a low growl.

'Why? So I can guard the door while you two play patty-cake?' SharkLad thought to himself. 'Bah! You're just being jealous, Bruce.'

"On my way, Chief!"

"INYUK CHUK!"

[ March 02, 2011, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm, whadda'mi sposed ta do with this compressed air tank and gun?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

"Smile, you son of a..."

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Having left the bunker of Timber Wolf (the LMBer formerly known as Furball) SharkLad dives into his tank.

'This is getting too sprockin' heavy,' SharkLad thinks. 'There's no way she could be alive. I saw the body. I buried her. But then again, I buried Beaver too and she's come back more times than I can count. Sprockin's madden-ites. Just like they'll keep bringing her back to life, the parasites will keep making her crazier and crazier. If they're what's responsible for bringing Mom back (if she is back), well, that's gonna be a nightmare. We don't need no mad scientist who's speciality is creating perfect killing machines by combining animal DNA.'

SharkLad does a flip in the air, landing back in his tank with a splash.

'Sure wouldn't mind if that Lolita stopped by...'

"Just keep swimmin'... just keep swimmin'... "

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.