Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't... I... it's not that easy... I...

All I can remember is that he was garbed in a purple cloak.

I later told Lardy that he was a member of an elite cabal... the Time Trappers of Legion World... but... I don't know... I was in a panic... for a time I even thought it might be STU!

All I know is that the one name that keeps ringing through my head... like the hourly chiming of a grandfather clock... is...

"Justin Thyme"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<picks up Jailbait Lass' glass>

(it ain't chum but it'll do)

<chugs the cognac>

(hmmm, Lolita seems to think Tomahawk here is alright. He's already apologized twice for that sucker punch. Still there's something about him that doesn't seem right ...)

<turns attention back to Exnihil but starts to feel dizzy>

Say, I think there was something in that drink ... I don't feel so ...

<falls with a thud to the floor>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Exnihil looks down at the fallen body of Shark Lad as, slowly, his eyes narrow and an evil grin crosses his lips. He turns to Jailbait Lass to speak, but the voice that issues forth, though similar to that of Ex, is hollow and distant>

No, no, Lolita... don't try to get up.

Oh, did I say cognac? Well... yes... but laced with just enough Rarkuga poison to render the three of you incapacitated while I made my exit.

I'm sorry... but if this fool Exnihil had his way, he'd already be behind bars. Wandering around Legion World telling that story to anyone who would listen? That's no way to behave, is it?

<walks toward the counter, stepping over the snoring form of Tomahawk, who also had taken a drink>

That's OK, Lolita, I don't expect you to answer. I know your throat must be rather tight right now. But still... the thirst for knowledge, eh?

<takes the bottle of cognac and pours it across the counter and surrounding floor>

<picks up the stub of a cigar that Tomahawk had been smoking and with the ashen end scrawls the words, "JUSTIN THYME" on the wall>

You just want so badly to know who shot Cobalt Kid, don't you, my dear?

<reaches toward the words he had written in ash and wipes his hand down the middle, leaving only the words, "JUST__ ___ME">

Choke... the irony.

Well, I'm afraid this is where we say our goodbyes

<pulls a cigarette from the display case and lights it. For a moment, Exnihil's eyes clear, as though waking from a dream>

No... not my shop... please

<his eyes narrow again>

Oh, Ex, lonely is the road of the Traveller. We still have work to do. Come, come... this is a Smoke Shop and where there is smoke...

<drops the cigarette into the pool of cognac>

...there's fire.

<walks out the door as the flames begin to spread>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<on the floor, completely drugged and passed out, by Shark Lad>

Ugh...

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<stuck in her chair, barely able to move>

...j-just...a sip...and still so potent...but...at least...have some...movement...

<strugges to move body from chair, her eyes glazing over, but falls to the floor, flat on her stomach and chest, her head hitting the boards; now she lies flat, with Shark Lad and Tomahawk>

...no...not like...this...not helpless again...

<a lone tear rolls down her cheek, as she recalls her other most terrible moments of helplessness: buried alive by the Red Bee, leaving a broken, scared shell of a woman. Then again, captured by the Red Bee and placed inside a refrigerator, on the verge of death, only to be saved by Space Ranger, who then died saving her, leaving her with an enormous guilt>

...please...not like this...<suddenly, her throat is unable to make words any longer>

(can't speak...Oh God, its getting worse...need to do something...the fire is Shark Lad's great weakness...it was Exnihil all along. There is no 'Second' Shooter, there is only the one shooter, first and second. Exnihil shot Cobalt Kid. Exnihil is Justin Thyme, or at least under his control)

<but she overcame it all; she was able to pull it together and become an official LMBer; the world changes and we must change with it>

<rolls over onto back>

*cough*

*cough*

<tries to get to omni-com, tries to call Cobalt Kid, but cannot move arm>

(...that's it then...its over...)

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<still lying on the ground>

*cough*

*cough*

(...Cobie...never told you...how...I feel...should have...told you...years ago...when we used to...be so...intimate...)

<looks at Tomahawk and Shark Lad, moving eyes, and realizes that if she dies, they die>

NO

*cough*

*cough*

n-not...just me...at stake...

<suddenly realizes what to do>

CAFFEINE

*and she dissapears*

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports in from Security Office>

Hm--smoke is thick!

<blows hole in shop's roof to vent smoke>

There they are...Shark Lad, Tomahawk and a few other patrons.

<concentrates, causes all occupants to 'port outside while he remains>

Funny, don't remember knowing this trick before...

<exits through hole in roof, encases the shop in a tight Lard Force Bubble which puts out the fire by depriving it of oxygen>

<building collapses under the pressure>

Sorry, Exnihil...you'll rebuild, guarantee it. <says to himself>

Now, to help the victims...

[ February 27, 2009, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad Prime ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<when responders arrive moments later, Prime is giving the victims first aid>

Here Sharky...a little water flow in your gills should revive you...

Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
*cough*

*cough*

Th-thanks big fella...not sure what happened. Suddenly everything went black...hopefully someone in there remembers...

*cough*

I owe you a drink, pard.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Three loud Orange streaks plunge out of the sky. Their wide open throttle boot jets roar as they land in a perfect triangle facing outward. They each touch belt studs and scanner lights begin to play across the tableau spread out in front of them.

"Orange 2 download and record scanners. Orange 3 set a radar field and scan for incoming and outgoing traffic."

Orange Agent Alpha 1 strides through the dust stepping over the rubble while speaking to his comm device.
"We've arrived Boss, The place is a mess, it looks like it imploded. Crap everywhere."

OA1 looks to Lard Lad Prime and surveys the prostrate LMBers laid out on the street. Speaking to the only hero standing Agent1 informs him that backup is enroute, "Boss is using my 'vette. He's right behind me. What do you need? Casualties? Is everyone out? Do you need me to call for transport to Medicus?"

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad Prime:
<when responders arrive moments later, Prime is giving the victims first aid>

Here Sharky...a little water flow in your gills should revive you...

Sentient, I think you and I have a few things to discuss...

You're Lard Lad but you're not the Lard Lad I've known for the past few months...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(My Head hurts...)

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
*cough*

what the sprock happened? where's Lolita? Lard? Lard, is that you?

<struggles to get up>

Wait ... you're Lard, but you're ... you're not Lard ... Rao, what was in the drink?

I got to get back to the Security Office ... I need some serious tank time ...

INUK-CHUK!

<channeling the power of the Shark Beast Avatar, SharkLad vanishes>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
3G reaches for his com. He's thinking 'Crap, I hate magic'. It buzzes as he snaps it off his belt. "Alpha Orange-1 sir. The Shark guy just teleported out."
He spies the clustered figures, "I'm there."

Roaring in in the corvette mini transport 3g slides to a stop and steps casually up and over the side snaps open his comm as it buzzes again.

"Boss? Delta Orange-1. Something just zipped into the building. The field blipped and the generator registered a power surge."

3G replied to the Agent, "Good. That should be Shark Lad. Send #3 inside. See if he needs assistance." The Giant paused to look at assembled group of meta humans. "Engage the teleportion field scrambler..and turn it up."

Snapping shut the comm and sliding into the holster the giant moves toward the others.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
Sentient, I think you and I have a few things to discuss...

You're Lard Lad but you're not the Lard Lad I've known for the past few months.

That, Space Ranger, is because the "Lard Lad" you've known for the past few months is a fraud! I am the real deal!

Is it so hard to believe? He's breaking the law left and right all over Legion World--I just saved several people from burning to death in a fire!

I honestly don't understand why people believed him! Hell, when I died...<points to his face>...I looked like this--battle scars from my battle with Mordru. I still look like this! I've seen the campaign posters--he didn't even get the look right!

I bet he dooesn't even have these...<rolls sleeves up above the elbows>. These are Mordru's handprints burned into my flesh as we grappled in the Clench!

<shrugs> I'm the real Lard Lad, Ranger...are you going to allow me to help you?

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
bzzzt
bzzt
bzzt

Dammit. Who's calling now?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.