Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 116)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
*sigh* This is when Cobie would say something to make it seem like we'd figure this mystery out easily with no problem, even when he didn't believe that.

um, yeah, we're, um, gonna figure this out ... no problem, um, yeah and I really believe that ...

sprock ... I'm betting at chomping than I am at detective work ... alright, you guys keeping exploring the angles ... I'm gonna go looking for Tomahawk ... text me when we got something else to go on ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
So we're down to several leads and several mysteries. Maybe its time I paid Dr. Mayavale a visit? He never makes much sense to me--only Cobie ever seemed to understand him.

Matt, I think it comes down to this: Gary Concord is a suspect, and now this Tomahawk guy is a suspect. But they are by no means the only ones. Not long ago the Composite Durlan Angra Metternich launched an attack on Legion World; we thought we were rid of him, but it could well be his return. Even the Computer Tyrant may have returned. But those seem almost too easy, and those kind of enemies will reveal themselves soon enough.

And we still don't know why Space Ranger is back, or how Lard Lad survived his 'death'.

Cobalt and I have said for too long the Security Office has become corrupt. Space Ranger, if he is indeed who he says he is, appears to be trying to repair it; in the meantime, I'd like to keep our home base of operations here, in the Cafe.

Hopefully Sharky will have some leads on Tomahawk, and I'll check with Everyday Girl and My Whee Fem on Gary Concord.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

I'm heading out for a bit now Matlock...I'll meet you back here. Keep trying to look through those clues, I know there's more in there.
From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
CAFFEINE!

<Cobalt Kid suddenly appears, in his original Legion World costume, though obviously tired and ill>

*cough*

Best way to travel on Legion World.

<turns to Matlock>

Well, well...heya Matlock. I hear there's a heavy caseload on Legion World right now. Mind if your old partner joined you?

I have some questions...but I think I have some answers too. I've been working on this case for several months. Its why I've been acting all mysterious and slightly 'weird'. I didn't want to play my hand too early.

Let me tell you about it...

<sits with Matlock>

In the meantime, a mean cup of Cramer's coffee, with a standing request to keep refilling will give me the added juice I need to keep going right now...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<for several hours, Matlock and Cobalt Kid privately discuss matters, not to be disturbed>

<after some time and much secret discussion> You see Matt, this case goes back months, or even longer. There’s something bad on Legion World—real bad. This “Second Shooter”, or “Justin Thyme” as he’s been called, was responsible for my shooting because he must now be aware of what I know. And it involves space/time, whether through magic or some kooky science. What I’ve just told you might fill in some of the gaps. So far, the only ones I’ve confided in are Dr. Mayavale and Kent Shakespeare who through the Bureau of External Affairs, helped me put together the pieces, and is helping me track this guy down. Until now, we simply called him “The Traveler”.

What we need to know is if this relates to Lard Lad’s reported murder of Clive. Did Lardy do it? I don’t believe so—so how does this play into things?

And secondly, what does this have to do with the House of Quank? This odd ‘Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible” is key. Do I think he is responsible? No, not really. But he has answers.

I’ve got to follow up on one more thing, but do me a favor. Keep an eye out for Jailbait Lass, will you? I haven’t seen her since I was shot. I haven’t seen much of her in recent weeks…hell, months.

I’ll be back in contact soon—and then the Security Office will be like the old days.

Keep working at it!

<exits>

[ February 25, 2009, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
<looks out window>

Oh no! It looks like The Tobacconihilist is burning!

I'd better call Legion World 911 and make some extra pots of coffee.

I hope we have some water manipulators here.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

*Suddenly, Jailbait Lass appears!*

<she is covered in ash and soot, and sprawled on the floor; she is unable to move, the victim of a drug causing complete paralysis>

<barely able to speak, she moves her eyes looking around, and at last sees Fat Cramer and Matlock among the gathering crowd>

Shark Lad...Tomahawk...Tobacco Shop...help...help...

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Over the next hour, Lolita watches, still undergoing paralysis, as Matlock and Fat Cramer take charge of the situation. Matlock immediately alerts the Security Office and from the Omni-Monitors, Jailbait Lass and the crowded Cafe watch as the Security Office manages to save Shark Lad, Tomahawk and all the other patrons. They also are shocked to see the disfigured, slightly crazy “old” Lard Lad on the scene.

“Two Lard Lads?” says Fat Cramer. “Oh Boy…”

Matlock walks over to Lolita. “Hanging in there? They’re all safe. You did it. You got here in time.” He starts taking a wet towel clothe and washing off her face. Though he looks to be about 27 right now, Matlock is one of the oldest LMBers on Legion World. Some say he should be in his 80’s, some say much older, but a by-product of his powers is a continual de-aging. He also famously has 13 kids and a wife at home, and there is a certain paternal instinct that takes hold of him at times, like now. He washes Jailbait Lass’s face as if he were her father, and though he does not know it, this feeling helps Lolita more than she could ever put into words.

“…you did it…” she finally says, as her voice returns to her. “Paralysis is starting…to wear off…can feel my legs and arms. Should be able to get up…soon.”

“All I did was call the Security Officers attention to it. You were the one smart enough to get here. You don’t look like you need to get to Medicus Two. No burns. Wait until Cobie finds out how smart you were. He’s been looking all over for you.”

And suddenly, Jailbait Lass springs up to her feet! “Cobie? He’s out of the hospital? Why didn’t you say earlier? I didn’t know!”

“You didn’t? Where have you been Lolita,” says Matlock, “he’s been all over the news! Well, up until a minute ago. He’s walking around alright…more like running, as in running from the law…”

“Matt,” she says, “I have to tell you something vitally important and I don’t think anyone else knows. Its about Justin Thyme…and then I need to get to Cobie ASAP, and tell him. I know who the Second Shooter was.”

Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
Cafffiene??????

is sort drink What of this?

STU? any Have of you seen

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Like... Caffeine!

Hi Miss Cramey...

I need like a gallon of coffee, three no-calorie cinnamon rolls and a dozen of those barepaw thingies for the construction crew over at the Security Office...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<as Phineas B. Fuddle activates his celestial mechanism in his Orrery, a whiteout of chronal regression begins to spread across this establishment>

<Legion World is dying>

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I see I'm not the only one who needs caffeine! Give me anything with caffeine in it!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh! Better grab a coffee to go!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I generally dislike all flavored coffees, but I did get an "Island Coconut" flavored one today. I love the smell of coconut! It reminds me of vacation.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

It looks like we've survived the latest crisis, thanks, once again, to the tireless efforts of the LMB. That chronal regression actually cleaned and polished the floor quite nicely.

I'll put a palm tree and a bottle of coconut extract out for Cobie.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.