Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 118)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Every couple of months... although Ghouls are new, usually it's henchmen and D list bad guys.

<Looks directly at the cloaked figure in the doorway.>

Okay tall, dark, and over-dressed, what's the story?

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(You can talk here or at the security office, but you will talk!)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Elfin Prince

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas           Edit/Delete Post     
(tries to identify the newcomer with magick sight; gets nothing)

Do...

Do I know you, milady?

From: on the lam! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<The Cloaked Figure raises both hands to the sides of her hood.>

An Elfin Prince, Hiding behind a musclebound mortal idiot! No wonder I was sent to drag you back. You should know me Rogue... The master wants you in one piece... Granite should do...

<Almost too late Ranger realizes what they're facing. He grabs the hood and pulls it down over the creature's face and swiftly binds the creature with one of Cramer's best linen tablecloths. Before Legolas realizes what is happening Ranger has scooped him up and with the creature unnder one arm and the elf under the other the three of them are flying to the security office.>

(A Werewolf! I caught an honest to god Werewolf!)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Elfin Prince

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas           Edit/Delete Post     
(when Space Ranger arrives at the Security Office, he finds he is holding only Legolas' cloak; he is too busy attending to the "werewolf" to backtrack. He quickly gleans that an elf of Legolas' millenia must have become rather adept at getting out of awkward situations)

My employer has turned on me!

He'll find me a difficult fox to hunt with hounds such as her...

(in a poof of faerie dust, he is gone)

[ October 05, 2009, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]

From: on the lam! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Yikes! look at the mess in here!

At least Legolas left his bag... let's see what that sneaky little runt has been carrying around with him...

no, not here.
I better take it back to my office to go over the contents.

Abin's been pretty busy, so I'll clean up this mess for Cramer before I go.

Ugh! Did Ranger puke? gawds!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
<As Kent leaves a pair of creatures come out of hiding.>

CorpseTaker the ghoul
Click for fullsize image

and the Deamon Death Bringer

Click for fullsize image

Have been set on Legolas' trail...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Candle walks in and takes a seat.
She orders hot tea and a 'Fat Cramer Special'.

"Gosh, it smells like an army of custodians went through here! Which ish't bad, just 'CLEAN'!"
She asks to open the door, receives a nod, opens the door and takes a deep breath, "That's good, well as good as air in a city gets."

Supper comes, beef stew and biscuits, which Candle eats with great savor and appreciation.
As she finishes, and orders some Georgia Peach Cobbler and a glass of milk, she longs for some conversation with a friend.

When the waiter brings the dessert, Candle says, "Did you know that we have 10 years of this Kardi's monsters and his belief that being 'amoral' isn't the same as being evil?"

The waiter, Bilbo by name, gets a frightened look on his face and looks over his shoulder.

Click for fullsize image

The creature walks past the Cafe, glancing in and snarling.

Bilbo screeches and runs to the door, slamming it.

Red eyes appear at the window, above the curtains, for a moment, then disappear.

"Maybe you need to go to Kent Shakespeare at the Security Office and report what you've just seen," says Candle, taking a bite of her Cobbler and washing it down with the cool milk.
"You bet I will! And I'm going to ask where to find a Howitzer, too!" exclaims Bilbo with a firm determination.

Shady/Candle finishes her dinner and pays Bilbo.
"That's the way to think, sir," she says soothingly.

She walks out of the shop, closing the door firmly and melts into the approaching evening shadows.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Caffeine !!!

A huge heavy war axe spins through the air. It thuds into the wooden counter.

The haft is notched and blackened. On the blade is written one word, in blood.

“Help”

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Caffeine.

Huh. A war axe. Now there's something you don't see every day around here. [Roll Eyes]

A cup of Earl Grey, please. And along with the fee, I offer my boundless admiration for FC.

(Bows down.)

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Galloping gourmets! Hrun needs our help! I wonder if this has something to do with that green glow, and the assassination attempt.

Here's your Earl Grey, Stealth. I was thinking about you today, since I purchased Hellblazer: Pandemonium.

But I've gotta dash - this axe business has me worried.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the tea, FC.

I just wikied Hellblazer: Pandemonium. O-M-G!!!! Jamie Delano returning to Constantine, with Jock on art?? How could it have escaped my radar?? Thank you so much for mentioning it.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Caffeine!

<suddenly appears>

Ah, you've got to love that smell. I'll have a coffee--strong and black. Though I wouldn't object to any coconut flavoring...

<walks over to newstand>

And as all real longtime customers of Cafe Cramer know, this wonderful place is more than just the best coffee and breakfast on Legion World. It also has the better newspapers and journals here for your reading pleasure. Including...

<picks up remaining copy of the Dark Oval Current, an underground newspaper in the Dark Oval run by seperatists>

Ah, old Drawde R. Worrum is still keeping this running. I'm glad all that stolen Dark Oval treasury I "came across" made its way into the right hands. I would expect not many people would buy this publication other than Lardy and myself, so...

<walks to counter girl>

Audrina, is FC around? And there is anyway to know who purchased the latest volume of the Dark Oval Current. I know FC only orders two copies and there is only one left...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
caffine

Cobie. We have to talk about Cleome.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here it is...with everything that has happened, I completely forgot about Cleome and her Daxamite pal, Mariette that roughed up Furball by the pool. There's also the issue of the missing headless Barbarian corpse.

Mariette was wearing a dark blue "Acme Security" jumpsuit. Cleome said something about "He's not the one the agency told you to--"

Does any of this fit together?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. I've come to trust Cleome implicitly these past few months (has it been technically "years" already? Time flies...)

I suspect whatever secret she has regarding Daxamites is something she'll tell us in good time.

The headless Barbarian corpse, however, fits in the MO of Zardi and his minions months ago. Seems an undead barbarian either was left rampaging on Legion World (unlikely) or was a precurser to the events of the last few days. But as much as I'd like to pin this all on Zardi, it isn't too out of the ordinary since Zardi's minions have attacked us on and off for months now--no one has been able to provide any clear cut evidence however to do something about it. While I can continue to use my magnetism to rip them to shreds, what we need is the LMB Leader to diplomatically handle the situation as Zardi has some sort of diplomatic immunity. We either need him to attack Legion World directly or have enough evidence to prove he has several terrorists acting on his behalf (undead or not).

<motions to a booth>

Take a seat for a minute, Dev.

<sits, more coffees brought over>

You're a master at espionage too so you should notice something pretty quickly. Look around and tell me what you see.

Cafe Cramer has a steady flow of customers all day long. Just about everyone on Legion World comes in and out; its been on the galactic holo-news so often that tourists come to LW just to try Cafe Cramer & SHAKES.

But take a look at the customers who actually order and stay here. The ones who make this a hangout. What is the common denominator?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.