Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Dev's Home/Office (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dev's Home/Office
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev goes over to Furball and sees that his freind is shaken but alright.

"Something strange is afoot at the Circle K old buddy. We need to get to the bottom of this."

Furball grunts and points towards where the empty body bag is laying. "Rhe's rone!"

"Great. Cleome is acting odd...er than usual; there's a missing dead, headless barbarian; and I'm getting the feeling that there is something worse coming."

Furball started sniffing at the air. "Ruh Roh!"

Dev had no time to turn around before...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
-Interlude-

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Dev goes over to Furball and sees that his freind is shaken but alright.

<sigh> so close ...

-End Interlude-

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
He heard Sharklad go walking by muttering something under his breath.

Furball let out a low growl as Shark Lad passed...but made no move to go after him. As they had so many times before.

"I wish you two would just get along, but I guess it goes back to that whole spear-gun incident."

Dev stood and looked around. "We need to get some backup here and go after Cleome and get to the bottom of this."

Furball started moving down the hall in the direction that the other two had gone, and Dev was following pulling out his communicator. "Cobie? Hey this is Dev...we have a situation by the pool."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Is this a campaign or a murder mystery?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Not sure yet.
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I think its a bit of both
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

<Dev returns to the pool room. Something has been bothering him since this first attack.>

Damn it. With everything that has happened, I completely forgot about Cleome and her Daxamite pal that roughed up Furball.

Plus the missing headless Barbarian corpse...but how in the heck is everything related?

<checks watch...where would Cobie be about now?>

There he is. Thanks trusty x-ray vision.

Caffeine!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
***Memo for Dev Em***

Dev, not sure if you're still using this office, but I've been trying to find you to see if you'll join my new Office of Security. Please contact me when you get this!

-Lardy

***End Memo***

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev lands outside his home.

The door is laying off it's hinges in the front yard and several windows have been blown out.

"Oh dear God. Who the hell would dare..." he says as he enters.

He sees the literal writing on the wall. Writen in bold letters is the following message: "It's time that the grandkids came for a visit...I know you won't mind. Love, Mother."

"You bit..." He scans the debris, and finds no trace of anyone. "Thank God for that, I know she wouldn't hurt them, they're too valuable to her. I've become too lax...been too distracted lately. It's time we had a reckoning Mother...and I am not going to be coming for you alone."

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev finally noticed taht the phone was ringing.

He picked it up. "Yeah...no, they're gone...SHE took them...yes, I know about the truce we had...no, she decided to break it...Yes...Definately...someone else too...I'll tell you later...I'm on my way back."

Dev - Em
KIA

It's been a while since he actually had entered his former home other than to glandce around. He is standing at the door, and is unsure if he wants to at this point.

He finally keys in his entry code and enters.

There are things missing, and he expected that. Princess Alyson had asked him to send their things when he returned, and he had obliged. He had sent a team over when he returned and they emptied all of her and the childrens things. The house was pretty empty.

He looked around at the rest of the items and started half heartedly sorting through them. You could have just had all this stuff sent to the Office...and saved youreself from this.

He sighed and kept going through his belongings. He ended up with a few boxes of things that he just couldn't bear to part with and left.

I'll send a clean up crew in tomorrow to throw the rest of this stuff out. Then, sell this place. I don't belong here anymore...I wonder if I even belong on Legion World anymore...the vote of confidence from the council aside. I don't know what Tempest wants, what's bothering her, or even how I can help. I hope she lets me...she's helped me so much already, aside from just getting me back and helping my physical pain. I really feel something for her...

Dev takes off with his boxes secured in a makeshift harness and heads back to the Office of Security.

She said something about wondering who she is now, and if she is the same person as before...or if she should have come to Legion World. Why would she be worried about that? Maybe someone else has an idea...she half mentioned that there was something going on with Lardy, maybe he has an idea...I should check in on him anyway. I feel bad about what happened, even though I think it's in his best interest to not be in this position at this point.

[ March 27, 2011, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Do I have to speak in the third person here, or can I just come in and say to all my friends from time to time. [Smile]
I'm not much of a storyteller otherwise I would.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(She sits on the couch. She hasn't unpacked anything and the place if covered with her boxed stuff.)

It was kind of Dev to let me stay here. Not that I feels very comfortable here. This is where his family lived, he was happy here.

She holds out her right hand, a green glowing orb forms.

The guilt is so strong. What should I do? How will they look at me?

Curls up on the couch. The glowing orb returns to her.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest comes out of the bathroom and heads to the couch. She has only the under part of her uniform on. She stops by a mirror on the wall, she slips on her opal ring on her right middle finger, then picks up her moonstone pendant and puts it on her neck. She runs her fingers through her hair and checks her make up.)

You're not going on a date, dumbass.

(She goes to the couch and picks up the purple robe that's on it. She puts it on and fastens the up turned moon crescent belt buckle so it cinches around her waste. She picks up a note she has written for Dev, it says two words on it, "I'm sorry.")

I'll never be the woman for him, it doesn't take foresight to see that.

(She shoots the letter out the window like a paper airplane, sending a little charm to make sure that it gets to him at the Office of Security. She then summons a green orb from her hand.)

I can't believe I am going to release their memories and leave. They're going to remember that their loved ones are gone, dead. That I was responsible in my way for it. I won't even be here for the fall out. What cowardice.

(The orb glows bright, a wave of green energy overtakes all those that had their memories altered by Titania, Leota and the others, no matter where they are.)

It's done. Time to leave.

(She takes to the wind and is gone.)

[ April 04, 2011, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
<future king enters the building>

Ohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh .... <eyes wide open and never blinking>

This is a GREAT place you have here Dev, a great place indeed!
Let me take a few moments and look around so I can take in all of its wonder and magic.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.