Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah well, when a guy treats a girl like a Princess, its usually because he's no good. Trust me on that. When a guy argues with you constantly, that's when he likes you.

I like the Quank heiress news story though. That's funny--I need to keep a bigger eye of all the times my name appears in the tabloids.

<looks at Lardy; surprised for a minute but takes it in stride>

Lardy, we're trying to figure out where to go next from here. Other than forensic evidence, which we're waiting for, and the silver bullet, there isn't much more we can go on. While I'd love to tie this into some of the major events on Legion World, which makes sense, there's no real proof of that. Nonetheless, I'm redoubling all security on the election and the LW Prom (which coincides with some other events).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, on the cab ride over here <smirks>, I had a chance to think about the attack some. Let me share a few thoughts with y'all...

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
First of all, we have to consider whether this is related to Zardi or your suspicions over Sam Purecrap. Or both. Or neither.

If Zardi was behind my attack, it's possible that his real target was Lardi, not me. I originally got Luna to bring out that persona exactly because we needed some intel on Zardi and to have a secret weapon to use against him. Almost as soon as Lardi comes on the scene, Zardi disappears for awhile. Shortly after Zardi finally returns, the assassination attempt happens, and Lardi's now out of the picture.

If Sam has something to do with this, it's important to note that when the attack happened, I was researching the security detail on the prom site. If he's as big a threat as we think, he might've been trying to stop me from finding something.

And, yes, there's a possibility that Zardi and Sam are in cahoots and that would give motive to get rid of both myself and Lardi.

Otherwise, the scary thing is that no one on Legion World has more enemies than me, except, perhaps yourself, Des. If there's someone else taking advantage of all this chaos to take me out, it's far from beyond the realm of possibility. In fact they have succeeded in a way because I'm effectively not a threat anymore...just...just another Security Officer, now.

The only thing I have to add otherwise is that the gunshot I heard sound an awful lot like one of Britney's rounds. I'm not saying she did it, and if she did, she was likely under someone's mental control. But I've heard those rounds fired enough times to recognize them.

Has anyone checked to see if she has an alibi?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<eyes My Whee Fem after that question>

<finally speaks up>

No. There is no alibi for Everyday Girl at this time. And we do not know where her current whereabouts are either. I suspect, however, when we do finally talk to her, she'll have some insight to add to this equation.

<looks at omnicom>

Still nothing from Dev-Em. Damn. I was hoping he'd have found something.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

We've also got to consider that someone was able to bypass my Lard Force senses. I don't have any weakness to silver, so there's more to it than that. Best guess is that magic was involved.

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! I like don't know why I'd need an alibi.

But my current whereabouts are... Right frickin' here!

<Tosses two evidence packages and a thick report onto Cobalt's Desk>

There's the CSI report from Lard Lad's office,

<Turns and looks at Officer Taylor>

You're looking a lot better than you were the last time I saw you. Did you thank the EMT and Crew that broke every Legion World Speed Record Hauling your near dead ass to Medicus Two?

Now what was it I needed an alibi for?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

We just want to know where you were when Lardy was shot, Brit. And before you start yelling and screaming again like the last time we saw each other its because the gunshots sounded just like your infamous pistols.

And since you're the best expert in firearms I know, I'd like: first, where you were; second, could anyone have gotten access to your weaponry and third, does anyone else have the know how in getting replicas of your hardware.

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and before you ask, yes that silver bullet is a 9mm round, made by Tamper lad, to the Specs I gave him.

The ballistics report will show it wasn't fired by my weapons, but I've turned them over to Lt Starsky anyway. They're locked up in the Special Handling Locker. The reason I'm so late is I had to go home and get them, if you'll remember I was ready to quit when I came in earlier and mad enough that I decided not to carry.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Brit.

<thumbs through report>

And for the record, I'm glad you didn't quit.

You all keep brainstorming. I'm going to take this and digest it all and see what else I can come up with.

As of right now, the Security Office is in crisis mode. So unless its Prom Night, we're all working around the clock.

(And even then...)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'll go to my Office and...right, crime scene. I'll go to the lounge for a while.

<enters lounge and sees it's empty>

<opens his locker and brings out a long-untouched bottle of bourbon>

Ah. Hello, old friend.

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

<Waits until Officer Taylor is out of the room, then grabs Cobie and keeps talking.>

To answer your other questions, I was at the Main Monitor Panel in the lobby of the Admin building when the shot or shots were fired, Andy Voltron and his crew were with me, trying to figure out why the building had dropped off the grid and come back on twice in a 30 milisecond timeframe a few minutes before.

As for the sound, it sounded like one of mine because it was one of mine, or at least made to my specs, by Tamper, who I'm going to have a little talk with as soon as we're done here.

And there are several gun collectors on LW. and a few hundred replica copies of the Barretta 9mm SLK Pistol. None modified the way mine are but that really doesn't matter.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
<Dev lands and walks into the office.>

Okay, got word that Furball is okay, but still unconscious.

Cobie, I'll explain things about him later. I didn't think things would go this bad, but with the various injuries he's had lately...hell, it was bound to happen sooner or later. He'll be alright, just trust me on that. Let's figure this out, then we'll sit down and talk.

I found nothing out of the ordinary that could have done that to him. I'm nowhere near as acute with my senses as he is, but even my vision couldn't pick up trace evidence anywhere.

I passed Space Ranger and told him something was going on here. I noticed that you guys were starting to all arrive here, so I thought we should check in.

Space Ranger was right behind me, he should be here any second.

I'll be back as soon as I can, I need to get the families of all the candidates out of sight.

Has anyone seen Ram or Deddy?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<back in the lounge>

<smashes bottle>

NO! Not goin' there!

I am NOT gonna repeat the mistakes I've made in the past and bury myself in self-pity!

If I'm destined to be a cop and not a superhero/supercop, then so be it! I'll be the BEST FUCKIN' COP I can be!!!

And it's past time I stop isolating myself from Rocky!

<leaves lounge>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<leans against side of desk, with piping hot cup of coffee by his side; opens up manila folders>

The report was pretty basic. Had some good information but nothing that really gives us any leads...

<first evidence folder contains silver bullet, delicately wrapped with care; Cobalt throws it onto desktop>

Okay, the silver bullet. Created by Tamper Lad for Everyday Girl. So we know someone has either been hitting up EDG's stash or Tamper Lad created replicas of the weaponry he's publicly given Brit in the past.

<opens up second folder; at first its contents seem rather run of the mill for case files; suddenly he stops>

Ah. Now that is interesting...

<picks up forensics report and reads more closely>

Over ten million species of poisonous snake in the galaxy--some that can travel through space and create galactic empires. And here we are, with traces of some sort of snake poison on the bullet. But it doesn’t match any of those enormous catalogues of species the UP has.

[Brainiac 5]

Unless it isn’t snake poison. Because it would have to come from someone’s hands…

<looks at rest of evidence package>

Well done, Brittney…there’s more than a few clues here…

<looks at material found from where the shooter was believed to have been; at first glance it looks like common trash>

Of course, it could be common pieces of trash around the building ledge. But in the 31st Century, on Legion World? I hope not. A scrap of magazine casually tossed on the ledge just wouldn’t fly with Legion World’s founders.

<examines magazine scrap; its an add for mild heat vision contacts which are all the rage in the back of magazines these days>

A common magazine ad, appearing in scores of different publications. Yet, there are only a limited number of places you can get paper magazines these days on Legion World since most take their news over the omni-com.

<sniffs it; seems to recognize something>

Silly Dark Oval publications, smelling like Dominator plant-machinery! And there is only one place you can get “The Dark Oval Current”, as I well know!

Caffeine!

[ March 22, 2010, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
The front door cracks open, a darkness fills the room in moments and anyone left in the reception room stops abruptly and blinks their eyes, very, very slowly.

A small figure  - glides through the door and flits across the room to an airduct on an inner wall.
Without hesitating, the tiny creature passes through the 'protective' screening and hides in the shaft.
With a whispered word, the front door closes silently and the darkness fades from the room.

Everyone starts moving again, continuing on with their conversations and activities, unaware of the lost moments and the silently listening intruder.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.