Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey security people-

just wanted to make sure you guys are all aware of the floating castle that just popped into the skies above Legionopolis.

It's apparently owned/operated by a guy called Zardoz, who is running for election to be overlord of creation. Thus far, his giant carnivorous rabbit has attacked LardLad.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Whee Fem   Email My Whee Fem         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh... Wha... Oh it's you Kent. Damm I was beginning to think everyone had forgottten about us.

So this guy... Zarkoff... did you say? Siced a Giant Carnivorous Rabbit on Lardy?

Got any idea why?

--------------------
No, I was Never a Bond Girl...

From: Security Office Lobby | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

He incited Lardy to attack him, yet Lardy could do no damage. So it was hardly in self-defense; Zardoz was in no danger from our fearless leader.

I should point out that I did advise Lardy to attack him, after all his grandiose claims. I felt we needed to test whether he was a legitimate threat, or merely an escapee from some lunatic asylum. It was really hard to tell - he genuinely seems to believe himself to be an immortal god-like being, yet rants like a dime-store loon.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Whee Fem   Email My Whee Fem         Edit/Delete Post     
Crap on a Stick! Lardy couldn't touch him? He's not a dime store loonie, that's for sure.

Now what did you say his name is? Zardoz? Zark-off? I need to be sure before I send out an APB for the Co-Chiefs.

--------------------

From: Security Office Lobby | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

his business card says, "Zardi, the Eternal Man."

hmmm... with a "NAME the ADJECTIVE Man" format, he sounds like he could be a leftover from the DC Explosion (Shade the Changing Man, Steel the Indestructible Man, Firestorm the Nuclear Man, etc).

He's probably just pissed because he never got his original 5-issue run in 1978, nor any Peter Milligan revival in recent years.

Maybe we can appease him with a team-up, as distasteful as that may be.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, gang.

Anyhow, this Zardi fella definitely has some kinda mojo going for him. Can't tell if it's physical or magic-based. Given his get-up, I tend to think he's a magic wielder. My Lard Force has a certain kinship with magic, but I couldn't get a real feel for him to confirm or refute.

So far, he's mostly been a nuisance and a real jerk. He hasn't really done much other than to piss people off or just rub them the wrong way. He definitely claims that bigger things are to come, however.

Maybe we need to get a magic user to feel him out and see if that's his deal or not. We've been a little short of those lately, what with Stu, Maxx and Viv being absent. I'm not sure whether Pagan's on active duty right now since her return. Then, there's this MysticLuna lady--not sure what her deal is. Anyone I'm over looking?

Meanwhile, Zardi may be using my status as leader to sow some discontent, specifically the longer duration of my term as has been the trend lately. Should I go ahead and fire the elections back up, or should we wait and see what this cat's deal is? Downside could be that a new leader could be walking into a potential landmine here.

Thoughts?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

hmmm... I do recall that strange, ethereal woman who aided us during the Phineas affair. What was her name?

MysticLuna is a good egg. But I'm not sure if she's up for a mission yet.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<wristband starts blinking>

Eh?

<looks at readout>

Proximity alert at the site of the original Lair?

<switches video feed on>

Her?

Kent...My...I'll be back soon.

<'ports out>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

???
take your time. I'll be around.

My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Mr Shakespeare, does your Office of External Affairs maintain a liason with the Cacks?

Cuz we just received a message asking about terrorist activity on or around Mount Future.

Queen Hoo-Rah is concerned because the flow of electricity into the Cack Dimension was interrupted somehow and she missed her favorite soap operas this afternoon.

--------------------

Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Mount Future? interesting.

(passes through unnoticed)

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Mount Future!? That's not too far from the cloud castle... hmmm....

I'm personally on excellent terms with the entire Cack cabinet, and especially the Queen herself.

I'll look into it.

My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Britney's tight with the Cacks also... and if Lardy wants a Magic User, I'm positive that Pagan Lass would help out...

Zardi... Zardi... I know I've heard that name before...

<Activates the computer interface>

Computer: Name Search: Zardi the Eternal Man

<a few seconds later a small gong sounds and the computer begins printing page after page of data>

<My Quickly scans the first few sheets, and a worried look covers her face.>

Crap on a Stick! The Chiefs ain't gonna like this...

Computer: All Points Bulliten, All Officers, All Systems, To Security Chief's Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger: Your Presence is urgently required at Headquarters, Possible Omega Alert. Repeat Possible Omega Alert.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<'ports in, sees the commotion>

What gives, My?

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.