Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<quiet in the darkness>

Did you hear that? <hears someone hit the floor, likely one of the other patrons>

Tomahawk, I'm sorry...I believe Sharky and I may have led them right to you!

<suddenly feels something crawling on her legs>

OH NO!!! <kicks legs in a panic, moving closer to Shark Lad and Tomawhawk> I can't see a thing! Its...not just a person--its some sort of monster...

<pulls out blaster>

<suddenly multiple 'somethings' start slithering on them all>

LMBers, start thrashing anything you see!

<starts blasting>

[ February 24, 2009, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Jailbait Lass ]

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Lolita! Watch where you're blasting that thing! Get behind me ...

<opens his mouth, unleashing his 'Shark Bite' [trademark pending] - a flurry of razor-sharp projectile teeth>

<a booming "ROWR!!!" fills the darkened Tobacconihilist>

Well, I hit something ... anybody got a light?

<feels something brush against his legs>

Whoa! Something is still moving in here!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<a click... then a small flame lights the room>

<the flame is drawn up to a face as a cigarette is lit>

<even by the small glowing ember, the room is able to see the face of the owner of this establishment>

Yeah, Sharky, something is still moving... me!

Now... somebody mind explaining what the hell is going on in my shop?

[ February 24, 2009, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Exnihil--at last!

<looks around>

Something was here, just a short time ago. We thought it was a person, but now I'm not so sure. Something was crawling all over us...either a monster, or someone with a very disgusting power.

<blaster still out>

Still, one can't be too careful. Shark Lad and I were questioning Tomahawk here.

<turning to Sharky>

Sharky, I don't believe Tomahawk did anything. It was a good lead, but no luck--if anything, he's in danger too.

<back to Exnihil>

If anything Ex, I'd like to talk to you a little. Let me say up front, I am not here on behalf of the Office of Security. I'm not here as part of the LMB either. I'm here because Cobie was shot and lies on his death bed, and I'm going to catch that killer.

I don't think you did it...and I have no intentions of incriminating you or anything of the sort. But please...please help me. Can you tell me your story again, about the Second Shooter...Justin Thyme.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
<mind wanders as Jailbait Lass questions Exnihil>

(This has just gotten crazy ... I feel like a dogfish chasing its tail ... been looking to haul off on Tomahawk ever since he sucker punched me back at the OK Corral ... now he's on our side? Sprock! I'm used to thinking with my teeth, not my head ... maybe I should just get out of here ... )

<sees something slithering on the ground in the corner of the Tobacconihilist>

Lolita! Ex! Behind you! It's back!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<blasts it; a scorch mark appears on the floor, but it is gone>

Damn! Did you get a glimpse of it Sharky? I have no idea what it is.

Ugh, maybe we all should have a drink?

Is anyone else's omnicom going off like crazy today? Don't know they we're busy?

Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't mind a whiskey or a cigar, myself. Seems I got a stake in this too, since my memory is missing.

Ahem. I'm awful sorry 'bout that sucker-punch Shark Lad.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

<looks behind the counter>

Sorry, T-hawk, no whiskey in this smoke shop... oh wait... I do have some cognac!

<pulls out a bottle and four snifters>

Have at it guys. Now... Jailbait Lass, I believe I owe you an explanation...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

It all started a year ago, on, as many things do, an island.

Having made my fortune by partnering with Big Tobacco, this place that we're sitting in was paying for itself. I decided to venture that profit by branching out into a long-standing passion of mine: holo-vids. We planned this thing for months. Every last detail was accounted for...

...every detail, but one.

Him.

<continued....>

--------------------

Exnihil

Yes... you know who I mean.

Among those 12 people out on that island, there was one who stood out by virtue of his raw charisma. One who, without speaking a word, could win the whole place over.

It was Lard Lad.

And win he did.

I knew then that I hadn't seen the last of that kid. And when the time came to talk Legion World elections, there was only one thing I could do:

I hitched my wagon to that guy I knew could take it all the way.

<continued....>

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<taking notes>

Keep going, Exnihil...I do hope of course this is leading somewhere to do with all the recent attacks...?

<eyes Sharky>

(Sharky won't make it through this long monologue; Tomahawk is already too busy smoking his cigar and sewing up his boots or something to be paying attention)

<back to Ex>

When did you first meet and become aware of Cobalt Kid, whom you reportedly tried to assassinate under the control of the Second Shooter?

Exnihil

Easy does it, JB... like a fine cigar, a fine tale must be taken in slowly...

It was then, however that I began to lose it.

Money, I had... thanks to The Tobacconihilist.

Fame, check... thanks to the success of Survivor:Marzal.

But, Political Power? This was the golden ring. With Lardy in as my puppet candidate I knew that I would soon be on the road to easy street. But what if he didn't win? I had to ensure that didn't happen.

[cliche]I fear I went quite mad for a time.[/cliche]

It was then... at my most vunerable when I began hearing things. It wasn't my imagination... it was real... but inside my head. I can help... he said. He gave me the idea. He said the one person that might stand in the way of a sweep was a person who over time had been sometimes friend, sometimes enemy to Lard Lad... Cobalt Kid.

<continued....>

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<taking notes>

(here we go...)

<sips cognac>

(UGH! This stuff is gross! No wonder I'm not a big drinker)

<politely puts cognac to the side near Sharky's glass>

Exnihil

No one would get hurt, this mysterious stranger said... it was just a harmless "Penetra-Ventriloquism" dart. I was to stand in the crowd as Cobie was making his announcement and, at the key moment, fire the dart. Then he would be ours. We would control the content of rest of Cobie's speech, I intended on having him issue an endorsement of Lardy's campaign.

But just as I fired... that's when I saw him. On the grassy knoll... the same one who had approached me...

The Second Shooter!

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

[Eek!]

What did he look like, Ex? I need details! Height? Weight? Hair color? Race--as in Native planet?

[aside to Shark Lad]By the way, it does seem like several crimes were in progress almost voluntarily, but I'll forget about those for the moment so long as we get some more information...[/aside]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.