Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Tobacconihilist Smoke Shop
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
< enters >

Ah, now this is a shop for me.

Though I'd rather not get my hopes up, the first order of business is is to see if this shop has the legendary and hard to find Southfarthing weed, hand-grown by hard-working Hobbits in the far off Shire.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rond Vidar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rond Vidar           Edit/Delete Post     
Some time later

< knocks >

< knocks again >

Hello? I must be late.

< with a sardonic smile, gets back into his time bubble >

From: Always right on time. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Rats, and I wanted to see Ex off before he left. After all, Blaze and I will be going away for quite a while...

Hey, what's this....

Some black... powder?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Two weeks later:

<The chimes jingle as Exnihil enters his shop, smiling>

Though he has spent the last four years building his name as a holo-vid producer, this place - his very first Legion World venture - still held a place in his heart.

As much as the bottom had dropped out of the tobacco market for smaller shops like his after some of the larger players had lobbied for prohibitive import tariffs, Ex still held on to the old place, more out of nostalgia than any real chance of turning a profit.

Still... there was the occasional special order that made it worthwhile... some special blend or another that the big boys couldn't be bothered with. It was then when Ex would step in. He loved the thrill of the hunt.

<Ex places the tin on the counter>

This particular mix had been very difficult to track down, taking him to the island of New Zealand on the planet Earth - during a solar eclipse no less... but Ex didn't want to be reminded of all that right now. No, now he just wanted to bask in the glow of having, once again, been able to prove that the Tobacconihilist still had a place in this world.

<He lifts the lid, and regards his "treasure", speaking to himself with an air of self-satisfaction>

"Never let it be said that Ex isn't a man of his word. Southfarthing weed you asked for, Mr. Fox, and southfarthing weed you shall have. Hmmmm..."

<looking around>

"...now where did he place his card? Crap... I never got his info. How am I supposed to find this guy?"

<thinks, then shrugs>

"Well... if he wants it bad enough, I'm sure he'll come back. In the mean time... it looks likes it's about "SHAKES-o'clock"."

<closes up the tin, and locking the shop back up, Ex heads off to grab a drink at SHAKES>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.