Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Anyone know what the status of the Legion cartoon is? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone know what the status of the Legion cartoon is?
numberonelegionfan
Defender Of The Legacy Of Rassilon (Gallifrey:Planet Of The Time Lords)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonelegionfan   Author's Homepage   Email numberonelegionfan         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there still a Legion cartoon in the works or was that just a bunch of hooey?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ray

--------------------
The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!

From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
a buddy of mine who works on Justice League cartoon said he's seen 3 proposals for Legion get thrown about -- none have merited a mini-pilot (whereas Zatanna got one - that is, the cartoon network paid $$$ to produce little 2 minute cartoons to test the product)
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Paul Levitz referred to a few attempts at a cartoon during the talk in Baltimore. DC seems to want to do one but outside of talks, there doesn't seem to be anything going on.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't fret. As soon as the new series is a BIG HIT, it'll be fast tracked at Cartoon Network right away!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
and if they want a big hug from Rhino, they'll definitely line up, right?
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A cartoon would be great for raising the public profile for the Legion. And can you imagine the merchandising? Legion of Superhero tighty-whiteys!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Remind me - who did we see in the full lineup shot of their app in the Sman cartoon? I remember Triad, B5, Andromeda, Dreamer, Ultraboy, Apparition and the Ranzzes (plus Cos, Imra & Cham in prominent roles, of course). All in postbootesque costumes (Ultraboy's had more of a stripe than the actual comic suit, IIRC [Smile] ).

I miss anyone?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

bouncing boy
kid quantum

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
A toon would really be great for the team..as long as it's not like another toon of teens that actually makes me cringe.
I would like to see it like JLU.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

it looks like a Legion cartoon is indeed making it over the development hurdle of cartoon network

while they are hoping for a batman/justice league unlimited animation style, there's a great many cooks in the kitchen (unlike Batman & Justice League which had the strength of a single vision to lead the cartoons)

and there will be no Kid Quantum, as apparently XS 'fills that niche'... ahem

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by 235 - Andy S:
it looks like a Legion cartoon is indeed making it over the development hurdle of cartoon network

while they are hoping for a batman/justice league unlimited animation style, there's a great many cooks in the kitchen (unlike Batman & Justice League which had the strength of a single vision to lead the cartoons)

Link?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
 -
 -

Those are all the images I have saved from the episode. I believe that's all there were but I'm not absolutely certain.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
How cool are those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Saturn Girl - Post-Boot]
From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Can you believe they actually put Bouncing Boy in that scene? That was utterly cool.
That's obviously a mix of pre and post boot Legionnaires so who do you think the guy in the chair next to Andromeda is? My guess is that it's more than likely Kid Quantum but which one?

I'll bet most of the new guys here haven't seen the Steve Lightle treatment of a possible Legion cartoon either. Any of the older gang know where to find that link?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Where the heck did you get those images??? I'm new to the boards here, so all of this is new to me!

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.