Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Anyone know what the status of the Legion cartoon is? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone know what the status of the Legion cartoon is?
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LanternLad:
Where the heck did you get those images??? I'm new to the boards here, so all of this is new to me!

Lantern Lad, those images are screen shots from an episode of The Superman Adventures entitled," New Kids In Town". It originally aired on the WB network in the late '90's but has been rerun as recently as two years ago on the Cartoon Network.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

A copy of the vid is readily available from a number of sources.

[ November 25, 2004, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish i had the tech or the money to get all the little sursises out there that i would like to have. Something like this, or the early nineties/late eighties superman cartoon. It looked realy realistic for animation, and had some pretty good stories, but i only saw a couple.

Anything with legion in it is pretty cool, too.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna ask a stupid question:

Lightning Lad, where can I get a copy????? Which sources????

Sorry, a little desperate, going Legion crazy at the mo, want everything and anything I can get my hands on [Saturn Girl - Post-Boot]

From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I always see bootleg copies for sale at cons & at some CBS's.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Love Dreamy!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Link?

a buddy who works on jlu told me about it
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Superman Adventures are being released on DVD shortly... which season was it?

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Season Two I believe.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, Well, I believe season 1 comes out in December. Just a matter of time & we'll have the Legion on crystal clear DVD.

--------------------
Lantern Lad

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox Mearl Dox has just turned 41
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of worry. If any official declaration were made about a Legion cartoon coming out, I'd probably freak out. First I'd become insanely hyper-active and maybe need to breathe into a bag at the thought of honest to goodness moving Brainy (the cool animated smilies here aside, of course!) and then I'd probably start panicking at the seemingly endless list of ways it could be misdone and I'd probably not be able to drink coffee for a week in all the tizzy.

Yes! A veritable tizzy!

Oh, man, what if it looked like the Teen Titans cartoon? I'd be at once delighted and revolted. Or what if Brainy's an ugly robot? Not that I'd stop loving him, of course, and it might help his relationship with the robot Supergirl, but... and what if it's the worst cartoon ever and it's so bad that the Legion comic gets cancelled just for being related to something so bad?

Or what if Brainy's not even in it?!

See, I'm in such a tizzy already, and I haven't even seen official word on if it'll happen. If we do hear anything, and I don't post for a while, send help--I might have hyperventilated.

[ November 26, 2004, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Mearl Dox ]

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad

Hey! If Mark waid writes it, I'm sure Brainy will be in it. He might just be a strange Lavendar color from a "Hypertime" Colu.

--------------------
Lantern Lad

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I read somewhere a while back that Paul Levitz was in on-again-offagain negotiations with somebody (not named) over a Legion cartoon.
I mentioned in another thread that the question came up during the Legion Panel at WW dallas and Steve wacker had said that there really is quite abit of interest in the industry these days. So many of today's cartoonists have come from comic book backgrounds that there is apparently some talk among them about the possibility of doing one.
Add two and two together, try hard not to let the bean counters get hold of the equation and there IS a faint possibility of it actually adding up to one of our dreams in the forseeable future.

If the cartoon artists are interested maybe soon a studio will get interested. WB has had a fair success with DC character cartoons in recent years. If this Legion makes a profit maybe the idea can take hold in management.

We can always hope, rigtht?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox Mearl Dox has just turned 41
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LanternLad:
He might just be a strange Lavendar color from a "Hypertime" Colu.

After careful thought, lavendar will be acceptable.
From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad

Cobalt blue perhaps?

--------------------
Lantern Lad

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.