Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read the latest issue of Justice League Adventures, and was pleasantly surprised to find a guest appearance by the Legion. The plot is simple: Kilg%re attacks the JLA, and, during the crisis, some members get sent to the future, where they meet the Legion. There, both teams defeat Kilg%re (who traveled to the future with them), with the help of the unlikeliest of allies.

Calling the Roll (spoilers)

Guest stars:

Kid Quantum (James)
Brainiac 5
Andromeda
Apparition

Bonus! No shameless hussy [Wink] ! (except in a cameo)

Lesser Guest stars:

Kent Shakespeare, as a 30th century reporter.
C.O.M.P.U.T.O (original form)
Shvaughn Erin

Cameo appearances by:

Ultra Boy
Chameleon
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Live Wire
Spark
Triplicate Girl
Bouncing Boy
Shady
Dreamer
Dawnstar's Costume (Worn by Hawkgirl)
Colossal Boy's costume (worn by fan)

Bits of Legionnaire Business

C.O.M.P.U.T.O had previously tried to kill one third of Triplicate Girl.

Brainy and Laurel are a couple. Laurel wears the pants.

Their HQ is a stylized version of the original upside down rocket ship.

Mordru and the Fatal Five rate mentions.

Laurel's loincloth gets replaced by a full body costume.

Most of the Legionnaires are away dealing with a breakout at Takron Galtos

Final comments: and excellent selfcontained story. The Legion and its world are excellently used. Buy it now.

Edit: Yay! Hundreth post!

[ February 04, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: The Big Bad ]

From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I asked my shop to make sure to hold me a copy but they didn't know if they would have enough. This is a title they usually only order to cover holds and like an idiot I forgot to order it in advance.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I also quite liked it, it has nice touches for 'longtimers'. For example, Wonder Woman gets to wear Laurel Kent's red costume, Hawkgirl Dawnstar's. There are also mentions of Computo and Triplicate Girl, of Takron-Galtos and of Mordru and the Fatal Five. I also liked seeing Andromeda with a prominent role. Quite a nice issue, actually.

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Sis's yellow outfit makes a return appearance? That's a start, I guess ... I'll have to pick that up tomorrow.

This Hawkgirl does have natural wings, by the way, which is a departure from past depictions.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]

I wasn't able to get a copy of this.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Me either. [Frown] [Frown] Anyone willing to send me scans of the pages?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by His imperial majesty, STU:
[Frown]

I wasn't able to get a copy of this.

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

I'm sure I could find a couple of copies around here. I've got dozens of Comic Shops within a few miles of my home, if mine doesn't have the copies next Wednesday.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm hoping to get it myself, mainly for the large role for ANDROMEDA, a character I miss muchly...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was a nifty little story. It had lots of little bits. I saw Starfinger, too, and a couple other things in that one room. And who's statue was that? It had a short cape. Speculation?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No idea; I really hadn't noticed the trophy room before you mentioned it. Hey, has anybody been able to translate the interlac in the newscast yet?
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Going from memory here... It looked like the first one spelled "Kent Shakespeare" and the second one was Legion of Superheroes. I didn't confirm it, but I think the letter count was right and the "e" and "s" symbols in both interlac captions lined up where they should have been to spell those two things out. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Here's a link to a small article on the issue, Scott. It has a scan of the Legion group shot page. Check it out.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks Alec! [love]
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I saw Starfinger, too, and a couple other things in that one room. And who's statue was that? It had a short cape. Speculation?

Reflecto
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I saw Starfinger, too, and a couple other things in that one room. And who's statue was that? It had a short cape. Speculation?

Reflecto
That's what I thought too, but I couldn't remember for sure if he had a short cape.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.