Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
My first thought was the caped statue could have been Star Boy (like in the Davis/Farmer Elseworlds tale). It's a long shot, but I'm having a hard time thinking of caped male legionnaires other than Monel/Valor.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnrings
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saturnrings   Email saturnrings         Edit/Delete Post     
"Bonus! No shameless hussy ! (except in a cameo)"

Thanks for telling me. I can save my money. Could not have been that great if she wasn't there.

From: durham, nc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Argh! I wish I had gotten that already!

Interesting foursome of Legionnaires, though. And James, of all Legionnaires? Hope he wasn't a jerk in this issue.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
It would have been nice for the Legion (i.e., "regular" title) to have made some mention of this in last month's "up next" blurb. I realize it's not in the same continuity as in the regular books, but don't you think this issue of Justice League Adventures (as well as sales of the title as an ongoing, potentially) would have benefitted by having more Legion fans in on the news?

Surely the higher-ups at DC should have known that followers of the Legion would be interested in this "guest appearance," and that many Legion readers might not otherwise have been aware of it.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

By the way, is Kilg%re a regular Justice League villain, or was he just introduced for this one-shot?

He has a rather compelling backstory, and an interesting name -- which leads me to wonder whether there's more to the character than was shown in this issue. (I've just been pronouncing it "Kilgore"...)

Stu
Time Trapper

There's an interesting post by Jason Hall (the writer of this JLAdventures issue) in this DCMB thread (which also answers my question of whether Kilg%re is an already in-continuity character).

Of the most interest to me is the fact that Jason had this to say:

"I'd love to do more with the Legion, either in future issues of JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES or even in the regular series. Actually, I'd jump at the chance to do an Animated Universe Legion book!  - "

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think having the setting take place 24 years ago (in Legion time) it will help bring in other characters should DC decide to do another animated adventure. Which I hope they do. Can't wait to see the sales figures for it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Our two newly clad Justice League women, from pages 14 (bottom), 15, and 16 (top) of this issue. The panel scans are rearranged into two pieces.

They both wear those vivid colors well! Now, are the REAL cadets to whom they belong BACK YET in this "newer" continuity? Hmmm?? Well??? I'm waiting!!!!

-

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
They did throw a lot of great stuff from the Legion's past into the issue.

I wish the main Legion book would too. [Frown]

Hey Jason! Talk to Wacker about getting on the main book!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Hall Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Hall Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, everybody!

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to those who picked up JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES #28 and for all the kind words, etc. It's much appreciated! I had a great time working on the issue and would love to do more with the Animated Universe version of the Legion. I really tried to establish them and develop their "Animated Universe" continuity as much as possible in this one issue. Glad you Legion fans (which I'm a huge one myself!) enjoyed the little Legion touches throughout. Personally, I think a regular on-going series would be aces (and would love to work on one). If it's something you'd like to see, let DC know! [Smile]

To address a few questions/comments:

The statue in the Trophy Room is indeed Reflecto!

Concerning Kilg%re -- I used the general idea of Kilg%re (a Flash villain in the regular DCU) being a computer-related type baddie, but basically adapted him to my own version (with a new origin and revised powers) -- kind of like what I did with Psycho Pirate in #20. And the civilian name I gave him actually has significance as well. (Ludwig is actually me, minus the villainous tendencies, of course!)

With Hawkgirl and WW wearing the Dawnstar and Laurel Kent costumes -- that was just a nod to those two characters from past Legion continuity and wasn't meant to imply that they were actual costumes of two existing Legion Reserves (or even that Legion Reserves exist at this point), but just costumes that Phantom Girl threw together. Glad you all enjoyed seeing those!

For those who may be interested -- keep an eye out for my follow-up Mr. Freeze story in BATMAN ADVENTURES (building on my story from GOTHAM ADVENTURES #51) -- and my JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES story from #20 was just reprinted in one of the new digest collections for that series. And you can check out a complete listing of all my past/present/future comics project at my website (link in the signature below).

Take care,

Jason H.

ps. I'd love to do something on the regular Legion title, but the new creative team is already in place.

[ February 08, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Jason Hall Lad ]

--------------------
Visit The Jason Hall Electro-Magnetic Facility!
http://www.pistolwhipcomics.com/jasonhall

Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Jason, you might want to check out the sites that Star Boy and LL posted in this thread.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Anything to help the pros... [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, no one has mentioned that Tom Feister did the cover to the issue. I thought he did a bang up job on it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I -did- love that cover!

And I shoulda looked through your copy before I mailed it out this morning [Wink] ... the pages Grey posted look suhWEEET! [Cool] Now I gotta wait for my mid-month shipment to read it, LOL! [lol] [no]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.