Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion appearance in Justice League Adventures
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I -did- love that cover!

And I shoulda looked through your copy before I mailed it out this morning [Wink] ... the pages Grey posted look suhWEEET! [Cool] Now I gotta wait for my mid-month shipment to read it, LOL! [lol] [no]

[Big Grin]

I can send you an electronic copy to get you through.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to LW.net, Jason, and thanks for all your efforts. The JL animated series and this book are underrated as to writing, however much the simpler character designs may not be to everyone's taste. (I like their clean lines, frankly.)

Some of us are, well, batty ;) about wanting characters from the pre-boot era brought back, and our obsessions are not easily reasoned with ... but they do encourage thanking others for such nods to the past.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and you're welcome, Scott. ;)
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Silver Bullet has reviewed Justice League Adventures #28. They gave it 5 siver bullets!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this issue.

It is set outside “continuity” whatever that means nowadays and therefore I had no problem reading it enjoying it and not worrying about how it fits with the rest of the Legion.

It was to me an echo of the great silver age stories. It was told in a fast almost breathless style. We had a villain to be defeated, and he was. The way to defeat him was through legion team work (with some help form the JLA) not just hit him until he gives up. There were so many references to the legions past it was fun to try to recognize them. I’m not sure that I would like this to be my only dose of legion, but if this were to become a second comic I would buy it like a shot.

Those of you who don’t have it hunt it out.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I was very pleased to see the Legion in this series. It proved to me that pretty much any Legionnaires can carry a storyline. Andromeda and Kid Quantam are totally minor characters in the grand (Legion) scheme. Yet there they were, leading this story. It helped that Brainy was there, being quite Brainy-ish and that Phantom Girl was there, lending an "old school" feel to the team. I had fun looking for all the Easter Eggs, too. The issue was a treat.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The animated Andromeda has the best hair ever!If anything, this issue really made me long for Laurel to return to the team.

I liked how buff the animated Brainy was too.

I cam't believe they haven't made a legion cartoon yet!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I honestly think it would do at least as well as a Teen Titans cartoon, if they played their cards right.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the scans, Grey! I SOOOOOOOOO hope this book is in stock when I hit the CBS tomorrow!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Let me know if they don't Lash. Pov ( [love] ) sent me a copy that I'll gladly send on to you for reading or I can e-mail you an electronic copy.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Moley! I didn't even see this until now! This issue looks great, I am definately going to remember to pick this up when I go (on Sunday)!

Grey, thanks so much for the scans! Hawkgirl and Diana as Dawny and Laurel? I love it! And from scanning everyone else's posts, there's so much more!

Welcome Jason Hall! I wish you could do a Legion Animated book so bad...

BTW, the art looks really great and really dynamic in those two scans. I swear I felt like I was seeing a tinge of Giffen from his first run with Levitz... [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
And if anyone else needs a copy, let me know, and I'll check on Sunday when I go and pick up an extra one!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Hall Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Hall Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to all the new posters for picking up the issue and posting your kind words! It's great to hear the Legion fans are enjoying it. I had a great time with throwing in as many Legion history tidbits as possible!

I agree that a Legion Animated Series on Cartoon Network or something would be aces. And, as I said, I'd love to write an Animated Legion monthly title. I think such a thing is probably a longshot, but you never know... I've been a huge Legion fan for many years and I hope to get to work again with the characters in some manner sometime in the future. LLL!

Thanks again and take care,

Jason H.

[ February 18, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Jason Hall Lad ]

--------------------
Visit The Jason Hall Electro-Magnetic Facility!
http://www.pistolwhipcomics.com/jasonhall

Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Scooter, Cobie thank you both but I lucked out! There were 2 copies of JLAdv # 28 left at the store. Now there's only 1 left!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps the best part is that it's a single issue, self contained story (like in the old days) that anyone could pick up and enjoy without having read the last 5, 10 or 20 issues. Why can't we get more of this in the Legion title? Must everything be a 5+ issue story arc?

Jason, great work! I'm glad I ordered it although JL Adventures is not one of my regular titles. Really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing more of your work.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.