Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Krypto and the Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Krypto and the Legion?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Originally posted by Jim Drew to LegionPics:

quote:
Based on the advanced artwork, it looks like the upcoming Krypto show will guest star the Legion-inspired SCPA (Space Canine Patrol Agency).

The green one is Tail Terrier, the blue one is Tusky Husky, the lavender one is Bull Dog, the red one is Hot Dog, and the yellow one is Paw Pooch. The purple one is apparently Mammoth Mutt, although this appears to be a chihuahua rather than a Great Dane.

Oy, vey! Can the Space Cat Patrol Agency be far behind? Atomic Tom, Crab-Tabby, and Power Puss, where are you?

-

[ August 12, 2004, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
WOOF!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Weird, but cool.

[Krypto]

[ August 12, 2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Krypto will sound like Scooby Doo? He looks a bit like him.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The SCPA have been around since the 60's. I'll dig out the issue that I have that they appeared in.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I have their second (?) appearance in SUPERBOY #132 (SEPT. 1966).

Their flag is the Constellation Canis Major.

Each member has a unique power just like the Legionnaires. Tail Terrier has an elastic tail and is "Top Dog." Tusky Husky was orange and had the ability to elongate his tooth (like Tusker). Bull-Dog has a horn-growing power. Hot Dog can turn himself "red-hot" Paw Pooch was blue and has a "centipede" form with lots of extra paws.

Don't know Mammoth Mutt, but there was also Chameleon Collie who could change forms as well as Chameleon Boy. In the issue I have a Dalmation who can transform into a cat is rejected because he's affected by cat-nip.

The villains are the Cat Crime Club. Besides the chief the only other one identified is Scratchy Tom. Although there's Fido Felon, Kid Kitty, Plunder Pooch, Gat-Cat, Hold-Up Hound, & Purring Pete are among those shown in the Mutt and Meow Gallery.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad they're being faithful to the original SCPA, but those aren't necessarily the most interesting powers or viewer-friendly names they could have chosen...
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
And, when you think about it -- it's kind of weird that their headquarters is a giant fire hydrant.

That would be like the Legion of Super-Heroes having a giant toilet as their headquarters!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually Superboy #131 (July 1966) was the first appearance of the SCPA and it included Mammoth Mutt. I'll post the story here.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Oh, and the same issue also had the feline version of the SCPA that Jim mentioned. As soon as I have the pages saved out small enough to present here, I'll post each page of the story.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Click to enlarge.

Click for fullsize image

Lightning Lad
Founder

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad
Founder

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad
Founder

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad
Founder

Click for fullsize image
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.