Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Krypto and the Legion? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Krypto and the Legion?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What I think is cool (though I've never read it, only about it) is that Ted promised Dan that he would take over the mantle, but the Scarab or whatever that gave Dan super-powers was lost in a cave-in or something. But the Ted continues to carry on the mantle without it.

It's kind of like if Hal Jordan had somehow lost the power ring after Abin Sur died, but decided to continue on as a hero called "Green Lantern". A groovy concept, imo.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Those were groovier times. Nowadays I doubt something like the Scarab would stay lost for long without a 12 part crossover with people looking for it.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Krypto finally starts on Friday, March 25, on the Cartoon Network. And I just found this image from the show. Look like someone with a Legion background to anyone else?

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Ace the Bat-Hound and Streaky the
Super-Cat to me.

Streaky was a member of the Super Pets ... I
can't recall if Ace ever met them or not...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Krypto, you guys know that the
"Krypto" episode of Smallville is coming up
this week, right?

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
yup, according to comics 2 film's (www.comics2film.com) website the krypto episode is this week
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Since I don't watch Smallville, I have to ask...which day of the week is it on?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Smallville is on Wednesday's at 7:00. Same time as Lost which is why I don't watch Smallville. It would take the appearance of a certain trio of teens from the future for me to miss Lost.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Well they aren't using the names Ace or Streaky but I think they came close. This is from Cartoon Network's formal announcement on the show:

quote:
"Chasing his tail at super speeds transforms Kyrpto from a normal dog into Superdog, a dog who can fly, with super strength, super hearing and X-ray vision. Like other superheroes, Krypto cannot save the day alone. He is joined by a crack team of animal crime-fighters: Squeaky, the pampered cat next door and reluctant hero; Batman's dog, Bat Hound, who has a tool belt to match that of his famous owner; and The Dog Star Patrol, a band of intergalactic dogs from all corners of space who joined forces to protect the universe."

Blue Battler
Honorary

I watched Smallville.

I liked the dog more than I thought I would,
given that he wasn't a beagle or terrier of
some kind ... which is the kind of dog that
I thought he should be ...

It was kinda fun. 8-)

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Well they aren't using the names Ace or Streaky but I think they came close. This is from Cartoon Network's formal announcement on the show:

quote:
"Chasing his tail at super speeds transforms Kyrpto from a normal dog into Superdog, a dog who can fly, with super strength, super hearing and X-ray vision. Like other superheroes, Krypto cannot save the day alone. He is joined by a crack team of animal crime-fighters: Squeaky, the pampered cat next door and reluctant hero; Batman's dog, Bat Hound, who has a tool belt to match that of his famous owner; and The Dog Star Patrol, a band of intergalactic dogs from all corners of space who joined forces to protect the universe."

OK so I can go with the idea of separating the cartoon somewhat from the comics continuity, but why the strange name change for Streaky?

I mean we have the Bat Hound, and ACE is not too bad a name for a dog. Calling a cat streaky might seen a little soft but then so is Squeaky.

And the Dog Star Patrol? WTF?? I mean that’s even worse than the SPCA and that was a pretty lame name. [Confused]

Sorry just had one of those days. Listened to the radio to find out they are changing the Smarties tube (a chocolate sweet that’s been served in a round cardboard tube since the 30’s) into a hexagonal shape. I hate it when the inDUHviduals at marketing decide to change something just for the hell of it. [Mad] [AHHHH!!!!]

OK grump over we now return you to your normal viewing [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Update: It is Streaky after all, rather than Squeaky. When asked about Streaky vs. Squeaky, a Warner Brothers spokesperson told Newsarama that Streaky does have a nephew Squeaky that will be visiting in later episodes.

[ February 19, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is is just me, or does anyone else think someone missed a great opportunity by not titling 'Bull-Dog' as the far more catchy 'Horn-Dog'? [Razz]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
DC Direct revealed some Krypto-related designs at ToyFare:

Krypto
Click for fullsize image
Streaky
Click for fullsize image
and Ace
Click for fullsize image

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Sorry just had one of those days. Listened to the radio to find out they are changing the Smarties tube (a chocolate sweet that’s been served in a round cardboard tube since the 30’s) into a hexagonal shape.

Smarties have never been sold in a round tube here in OZ. I'd have thought the chocolate inside the box was the important thing, but apparently I am an idiot. [Wink]
(See this picture for an example of the shocking, horrifying and just plain wrong Australian Smarties packet. It's... a box! AAAHHH!!!! Surely the chocolate inside will be affected somehow! [Razz]  - )

quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I hate it when the inDUHviduals at marketing decide to change something just for the hell of it. [Mad] [AHHHH!!!!]

I think you'll find there are sickeningly practical sales, marketing or production reasons driving the change. (Not that I agree with most of these reasons, but they're usually there.) Businesspeople don't make change for changes' sake (unless trying to justify their own positions); it's usually f***ing marketers blowing wind up managers that is driving any alterations you see in the marketplace... In the above case, round packages are usually more difficult to create and transport; hexagonal containers will save roughly 5% on storage space over round tubes (as they fit together perfectly rather than merely snugly), without losing a great deal of the strength generated by the cylindical structure.

[ February 20, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.