Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Krypto and the Legion? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Krypto and the Legion?
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah... that Streaky maquette (or whatever it is) is soooo cute... [Smile]

Do we have a Streaky emoticon? [Streaky] ??

(Edited to add: It appears we do... [Smile] )

[ February 20, 2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Arghhhhhhhhhh,

Giant Smarties!!!!!!!!!! Thats Just WRONG! [Wink]

[Big Grin]

Actually Star Boy, I dont think the market demand for change was there, just like it was not there when they changed our Opal Fruits to Starburst or our Marathon bars to Snickers. (OK I realise GB was out of step with the rest of the world but thats the worlds fault) [Wink] Its all probably driven, as you so rightly say, by the desire to standardise so production can be maximized and costs reduced.

Still dont make it right though [Mad]

Change is bad, just ask those Legion fans who hate the threeboot [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah - I don't know why I was defending marketers anyway... Musta been light-headed needing an afternoon chocky hit... [Wink]

Up against the wall with all the marketers, I say...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Less than a month to the premier. [Bump]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the ad for this last Saturday [Big Grin]
It's almost arrived, can you believe it?

Krypto the Superdog on WB

Watch the silly trailer, it's got some cute bits.
The theme song certainly didn't rock my socks off though. Whoever they are, they're no Puffy Ami Yumi.

Kevin's dog gets superpowers? Who the heck is Kevin and what is he doing with Kal-el's doggie?
Anybody know the name of the little girl in the bit with Streaky?

...I'm on pins and needles...

[ March 08, 2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Yellow King ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's amazing just how off-topic this topic has been. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

quote:
"Chasing his tail at super speeds transforms Kyrpto from a normal dog into Superdog, a dog who can fly, with super strength, super hearing and X-ray vision. Like other superheroes, Krypto cannot save the day alone. He is joined by a crack team of animal crime-fighters: Squeaky, the pampered cat next door and reluctant hero; Batman's dog, Bat Hound, who has a tool belt to match that of his famous owner; and The Dog Star Patrol, a band of intergalactic dogs from all corners of space who joined forces to protect the universe."

If he can chase his tail at super speed, isn't he already Superdog?

(Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking a children's show. Some habits die hard.)

I wonder if they'll have Ace keep a chunk of Kryptonite in one of his pouches, in case Krypto goes rabid or something.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow King:
I saw the ad for this last Saturday [Big Grin]
It's almost arrived, can you believe it?

Krypto the Superdog on WB

Watch the silly trailer, it's got some cute bits.
The theme song certainly didn't rock my socks off though. Whoever they are, they're no Puffy Ami Yumi.

Kevin's dog gets superpowers? Who the heck is Kevin and what is he doing with Kal-el's doggie?
Anybody know the name of the little girl in the bit with Streaky?

...I'm on pins and needles...

More info here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0503/09/krypto.htm .

I can't believe they have 52 episodes scheduled. Unless this is only a 15 minute show that seems excessive for a first season.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh.

I just read the summaries ...

I know they won't do it, but wouldn't it be
great if there was a scene of Batman with his
Bathound ... and being the total idiot we can
be around our pets? [Big Grin]

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha ha
That would be priceless.

I saw an ad for the show that says it'll be on weekdays in the morning. Apparently it's been syndicated before it's even premiered.

That would explain the high number of episodes for such a new show though. That means we could have..what?..9 weeks worth of Krypto cartoons. I sure hope it doesn't suck.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It has already premiered in the UK.

Haven't heard much in the way of review yet except for one guy on the DC newsgroup who liked it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hahaha just saw the Krypto cartoon at 2 pm today and I was laughing! cute by the way. The story was about Red Kryptonite and it caused Krypto and Kevin to switch their selves. Kevin was invited to the B-day Party and he acted like Krypto. haha. really enjoyed the show.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for the move.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
And how appropriate, because for at least a couple weeks, "Krypto" will be airing on Kids' WB. It's starting off their block with airings at 7 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 23 and 30 for sure. (Well, at least as for sure as it can be until they change it again. [Smile] )

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
A preview of the first issue of the comic series can be found at Comics Continuum.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.