Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » "Man of Tomorrow" (ep1) SPOILERS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Man of Tomorrow" (ep1) SPOILERS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I also like the Brainiac dome on top of the Legion HQ-- nice touch!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Loving the positive buzz here. I was a little concerned because, well, you know how negatve we comic fans can be. Nice to see a big favorable response!

Can't wait for the LSH cartoon comic! Speaking of which, there probably should be a COUNTDOWN thread for that...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
I was also very surprised! I can see this going for years, they have almost 50 years of stories to tap from! I have been on board since 1978 and have waited like the rest of you a long time for this. The younger, robotic Brainy still bothers me a bit as well as Phantom Girl's pac-manish symbol gylph, but minor to the rest of the show. I loved the intro, very happy to see Shrinking Violet(wish it was cockrum era green costume) and Element Lad(nice..late 80's pink and black). Jan has longer wavy hair looks great! Makes the dreaded current Kitson design really stand out and not for the better! The HQ, Fatal Five were also outstanding! Can't wait to see the entire team over the next episodes!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure I like Phantom Girl's "icon," either, but it's damn hard to come with a good phantom symbol. I've decided I like it because it reminds me of the ghost costumes in "The Great Pumpkin."

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What's wrong with the Pacman ghost symbol. Now if Matter Eater Lad's symbol was a Pac-Man and they made Tinya and Tenz a couple that might warrant our concern [tease]

I was more concerned that Tinya would be cast as the 'Raven-type' character sort of bookish etc but she seems fine.

I see a little bit of anime influence in Lu especially when she's executing her tri-jitsu moves and in her coloured hair.

All the girls seemed a little bit infatuated with Clark and there's a little bit of natural big guy on campus rivalry between Clark and Garth which are both natural.

Note to Mattel: Bring on the Bouncing Boy Plush Toy because I'm buying one.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
It's only great!
I'm waiting for this all my life.
Good episode with Te fatal five.
I only wait to see Projectra and Tasmia soon...
The next....The movie with real people.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*FINALLY* saw this episode just now... FANTASTIC!

Luornu kicked freakin' NASS! I can't remember if she was referred to as Triad or Triplicate Girl.

After the break for reruns, I'm expecting even MORE Legionnaires to show up!

That this 'toon exists is so awesome.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this episode as much as you guys did, but there was just one thing. Wouldn't Clark have been arrested or something for stealing the Superman uniform? I mean, I'm sure the police would then let him off the hook since he's actually SUPERMAN, but shouldn't the fact that he stole it have been addressed?

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awesomegirl:
I liked this episode as much as you guys did, but there was just one thing. Wouldn't Clark have been arrested or something for stealing the Superman uniform? I mean, I'm sure the police would then let him off the hook since he's actually SUPERMAN, but shouldn't the fact that he stole it have been addressed?

exactly!! and where did the replacement suit come from later? do they have some replacement-suit maker or something? and by the way, all the descriptions of the series I've read say that they "accidentally" go back too far. *imitates a game show buzzer* Brainy said when they got there he "knew what he was doing" and that they were "here for a reason".

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Maybe Superman had more than one suit( in the 21st century that is) and 2)I think the descriptions said "accidentally" because it seemed like an accident to the rest of the legionairres, when really Brainiac5 brought in a young Superman on purpose.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awesomegirl:
I liked this episode as much as you guys did, but there was just one thing. Wouldn't Clark have been arrested or something for stealing the Superman uniform?

My thought is that it's not actually Superman's original costume, but a replica and easily replaced; as for the crime itself, I agree that the SP probably looked the other way, since it was taken to help ward off the Fatal Five... not to mention the fact that the museum itself probably would have been tickled pink to have the actual Superman visit them and most likely wouldn't have pressed charges. [Wink]

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.