Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Is "Anibrainiac" really all THAT bad? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is "Anibrainiac" really all THAT bad?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know, after watching "Phantoms" on DVR today, I must say that Anibrainy's easily my favorite character on the show. He's a very complex character, and "Phantoms" shades him that way very well! I like how they are apparently giving him very close ties to the robotic animated Brainiac from the Superman cartoon. There's definitely a slow-burn story here that'll have a big payoff someday, I'm sure.

Why did Anibrainy have Kryptonite? Is there some kind of programmed revenge routine courtesy of his ancestor? Is he having doubts about it or following it methodically? Is something else going on?

I don't think it was just guilt over the original Brainiac's bad deeds, or he wouldn't have the Kryptonite. Is it possible, since historic details are sketchy, that Anibrainy thinks the legends are possibly wrong and that Supes may have become a villain eventually and caused some great wrong? If so, that would explain why he brought Supes to the future and is keeping a close eye (and some Kryptonite handy) to see if he steps out of line?

I know this is a kid's show and the payoff may turn out to be a letdown, but this has the potential to be the best Brainy story (of any media or era) EVER TOLD!

I know this seems like hyperbole, but I think the potential is there. I mean, really, what is the best Brainy story ever, anyway? No immediate candidates come to mind.

So basically, because of the story potential, I'd say Anibrainiac kicks ASS! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Animated Brainiac has Kryptonite for the same reason The W/K version does "protection" he's not as naive as he looks.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know. It may be nothing more than he inherited the kryptonite from his ancestor. And of course he doesn't want the other Legionnaires to know that he has the kryptonite, since then he'd have to tell them who his ancestor was. It's interesting that the Phantom Zone villains now have the kryptonite, because you know it means that it will pop again when they do.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Anibrainy is cool. No doubt whatsoever. By making him part machine, you tie him that much more closely to the original, and his heroism becomes that much more remarkable. Besides, how can you really tell the difference between replicating nano-machinery and organic life? His transformer act is sometimes great, sometimes overdone. But it makes him part of the action. Lardie's right -- this could be the best Brainy story ever. It'll keep me tuning in (which I would anyway, of course).

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
Lardie's right -- this could be the best Brainy story ever.

DC, you're an intelligent man--possibly worthy of my old avatar, after all! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never read any of the comics but due to my recent obbsession with the show (mostly Anibrainiac) I have looked up as much information on the Legion as possible. But since I was first introduced to Anibrainiac, I like him way better. (plus he's really cute...yes I have weird tastes) yes his story seems very interesting so far. especially after Fear Factory and his fear of being taken back to Colu. I can't wait for the next episode.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Y'know, since I first started this thread, it seems like the Anibrainy-haters have been won over! Personally, I've come to feel that he's the best part of the show!

Any haters, or at least jury's-still-outs, of Anibrainy still out there? If so, tell us why the hate's still a-burnin' in you!

--------------------

Copycat Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone says they hate Brainy, I'll keel them!!!!! [Mad]

--------------------

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangirl Girl
Every Bishonen's Worst Nightmare

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fangirl Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Fangirl Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's face it, boobs are magnetically attracted to Brainy's head. LOL, it's actually a fanfic idea that I have featuring three busty women from a world of Amazons. They hate most men, but they adore Brainy. This is basically the scene when they first meet him:

Holly: Oh my Goddess, look at how cute he is!
Brainy: I'd really appriciate it if you didn't call me--
Charlotte: *hugs him, shoving his head into her cleavage*
Brainy: *muffled* ...nevermind...

--------------------
Beware Fangirl Girl! Her power will force you into saucy slash situations you cannot escape from! *evil laugh* Don't drop the soap!

From: Washington state, have a second home in hell though where I stay when called in | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

lmao oh! my! god! you totally have to write that! and if you do, PLEASE tell me where I can read it!

--------------------

Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fangirl Girl:
Let's face it, boobs are magnetically attracted to Brainy's head. LOL, it's actually a fanfic idea that I have featuring three busty women from a world of Amazons. They hate most men, but they adore Brainy. This is basically the scene when they first meet him:

Holly: Oh my Goddess, look at how cute he is!
Brainy: I'd really appriciate it if you didn't call me--
Charlotte: *hugs him, shoving his head into her cleavage*
Brainy: *muffled* ...nevermind...

I know mine are. [Big Grin]
My first reaction if I met him:
Katie (me): "OMFG, no way....Huggle~!* (at this point I tackle him onto the ground shoving my breasts into his face)

--------------------
Places to contact me-
DeviantArt: Elementalist-1
HEATBLAST.NET: LexiT
Yahoo: meranova

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

My reaction.

Me:*staring at my picture of Brainy* "Oh Brainy if only I could meet you, then my life would be complete."
Brainy: "Hello."
Me: *looks up to see Brainy standing there* "B-B-Brainy???"
Brainy: *nods*
Me: "OMG!! Y-You're YOU!!"
Brainy: *closes his eyes and opens his mouth to go into one of his smart speeches*
Me: *jumps into him and wraps arms around his neck tightly* "OMG YOU'RE SO CUTE!!!!"
Brainy: "Cute?" *blinks in confusion as I continue going on about how cute he is and how cool it is to actually meet him*

--------------------

Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
He'd probably get a restraining order on us or something....To quote my fave Sonic story: "-I am always thinking about you because according to the restraining order that’s all I’m allowed to do."

--------------------
Places to contact me-

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

lmao you know what I nicknamed you, me, and Straya on deviantart? the Brainy Triangle. (cause there's three of us and our love for Brainy seems to connect us together) can I use that as my sig?

--------------------

Ojisan
Substitute

lol! So true, we are The Brainy Triangle.

Go ahead, it ain't my quote.

--------------------
Places to contact me-

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.