Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated LSH Action Figures (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Animated LSH Action Figures
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a list I put together at the Legion Wiki showing all of the Legionnaire Heroclix.

We get four new figures in the upcoming Origin set:
* Pre-Crisis costume: Triplicate Girl, Mano
* Post-Zero Hour costume: Mon-el/Valor/M'Onel
* Post Infinite Crisis costume: Supergirl

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think every SLOSH figure should come with a Legion ring (maybe working rings can be randomly inserted?)! And hopefully they aren't too tiny so that only fit grubby lil' kids' hands.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Yeah!
I need a Mano and a Validus for my Hero Clix set!

Were you aware that Validus is already out? He came out last May, I believe, part of the "Giants" set, with Colossal Boy.
Click for fullsize image

I got one!!
I snatched up a Giants set at the CBS today.
Whooooo!!!!

Validus is cool! Now I desperately need a Mano!

...and a Colossal Boy too! The Heroclix Legion set is growning...too durn slow, but definitely growing

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I have seen Mattel's hand painted prototypes but was not allowed to take ANY pictures. These have NOT been approved by DC and have NOT got a green light from Mattel. IF they do move forward with this line it will be announced late fall with the shows 2nd season. I will say this, SAVE YOUR MONEY, this line will be worth it!!

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
Here's a list I put together at the Legion Wiki showing all of the Legionnaire Heroclix.

We get four new figures in the upcoming Origin set:
* Pre-Crisis costume: Triplicate Girl, Mano
* Post-Zero Hour costume: Mon-el/Valor/M'Onel
* Post Infinite Crisis costume: Supergirl

I have seen Triplicate Girl in heroclix recently and the version of her is POST-Crisis WaK version.

I m not sure about Mano - looks like Alan Davis version from Superboy's Legion or that one from the Adv. of Superman issues. Hope to pull him out during the tournament this coming Saturday in Sacramento. *finger crossing*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
There hasn't been a new Legion DC Direct publication for years now - the last one was Invisible Kid as far as I recall - so do you know any reason for this? Were the sales that bad?

I would very much like to get some of the Legion women like Tinya or Ayla. And a new villain, my action figures are fed up with fighting Mordru all day long :-)

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Sales figures were not what DCD felt was needed to continue the series. At the same time you should note a change in DCD's policy towards artist / event specific figures and DC's 'Big Six' while ignoring the greater DCM. When was the last time we saw a Vertigo or Wildstorm figure? DCD has made it very clear that the LSH is NOT on their radar, short term or long term.

Unless the 2008 event book is LSH based and all the other heroes have guest star status DCD seams to have forgotten about most of the DCM and ALL of the other DC imprints.

[ February 28, 2007, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Tekwych ]

--------------------
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a true shame, but I somehow can understand the low sales: If they had published a cool Phantom Girl or Wildfire instead of just plain looking Timber Wolf or Colossal Boy (without anything making him colossal), they would have achieved much more.

Whereas I could not buy Sun Boy and Star Boy for pure financial reasons years ago, I decided to NOT buy Timber Wolf and Colossal Boy for totally different reasons some years later. Seems like the little guys in my display cabinet will stay without women for the time coming...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tekwych:
I have seen Mattel's hand painted prototypes but was not allowed to take ANY pictures. These have NOT been approved by DC and have NOT got a green light from Mattel. IF they do move forward with this line it will be announced late fall with the shows 2nd season. I will say this, SAVE YOUR MONEY, this line will be worth it!!

Okay, no picture...so how about 1000 words instead? [Smile] Seriously, though, can you tell us which characters they had, or some other descriptive info? thnx...

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
There hasn't been a new Legion DC Direct publication for years now - the last one was Invisible Kid as far as I recall - so do you know any reason for this? Were the sales that bad?

I would very much like to get some of the Legion women like Tinya or Ayla. And a new villain, my action figures are fed up with fighting Mordru all day long :-)

I COMPLETELY agree, and am really sad not only that we won't get more women, but that they never did Element Lad (not only IMHO a much more significant figure in Legion history than Colossal Boy or Invisible Kid, both of whom were given figures, but also recently dissed in "Legion Lost", so least hey could have done was make up for it with a figure.)

As for the lone villain, have you seen the "Composite Superman" figure from the "First Apperance" Series 3? It's a nice 2nd villain, and even comes with a mini-comic of his first appearance (which had a Legion cameo...eventually he did battle the Legion directly...twice, I think, though all in one-shots not part of the regular Legion series.)

I agree that the Colossal Boy was a horrendous choice...but I actually liked the Timber Wolf....

I would bet that if you take the last 4 LSH -specific figures, a lot more than 25%
of the people who bought any bought all 4, though...simply meaning that people either
don't know the less famous LSH-ers, or they are huge fans and will buy all of it. I think they could have profited more from the minor characters (and thus additional un-released ones) by selling them packaged together in groups of 3 to 4. I know that a particular fan base of Element Lad's would probably have liked it if he was released in a package with the other three early LSH women (Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, and Lightning Lass. Oops, forgot Shrinking Violet.)

If the cartoon takes off more, they might also be tempted to go back and release a Bouncing Boy... my kids love him (which I found surprising, but pleasantly so...)

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:

I COMPLETELY agree, and am really sad not only that we won't get more women, but that they never did Element Lad (not only IMHO a much more significant figure in Legion history than Colossal Boy or Invisible Kid, both of whom were given figures, but also recently dissed in "Legion Lost", so least hey could have done was make up for it with a figure.)

As for the lone villain, have you seen the "Composite Superman" figure from the "First Apperance" Series 3? It's a nice 2nd villain, and even comes with a mini-comic of his first appearance (which had a Legion cameo...eventually he did battle the Legion directly...twice, I think, though all in one-shots not part of the regular Legion series.)

I agree that the Colossal Boy was a horrendous choice...but I actually liked the Timber Wolf....

I would bet that if you take the last 4 LSH -specific figures, a lot more than 25%
of the people who bought any bought all 4, though...simply meaning that people either
don't know the less famous LSH-ers, or they are huge fans and will buy all of it. I think they could have profited more from the minor characters (and thus additional un-released ones) by selling them packaged together in groups of 3 to 4. I know that a particular fan base of Element Lad's would probably have liked it if he was released in a package with the other three early LSH women (Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, and Lightning Lass. Oops, forgot Shrinking Violet.)

If the cartoon takes off more, they might also be tempted to go back and release a Bouncing Boy... my kids love him (which I found surprising, but pleasantly so...)

I frequent the DCD boards, and the big thing over there is that the Legion fan community is extremely fractured when it comes to Legion action figures. There is a big divide between the Adventure era fans and the Cockrum/Grell era fans -with the CG fans being more vocal about wanting bronze age figures instead of silver age figures.
Then there is another faction that did not buy any of the Legion figures due to low production values. End result is sales stank, so DCD washed their hands of the Legion and instead are producing like 200 different versions of Superman and Batman.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I have big hopes for Mattel line whenever it launches. If the quality and variety in their Legion line will be as strong as their JLU line, then this will rock.

I wonder if Mattel will be conversative and start out slow with just a few members of the core team or give us a bunch of cool three packs.

Now that we are deep into the first season, there's a growing list of characters they can pick from. Talking just Legionnaires there are :
Superman
Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl
Brainiac5
Bouncing Boy
Phantom Girl
Triplicate Girl
Timber Wolf
Cosmic Boy
Colossal Boy
Matter-Eater Lad
Star Boy
Ferro Lad
Tyroc
Blok
Shrinking Violet
Element Lad
Sun Boy
Dream Girl

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Think JLU scale with about the same articulation and I would say that its a good bet that Supes, LL and T-Wolf start the first wave.

Again these were 'mock-ups' made by a Mattel sculptor for the pitch to DC. A LOT of things could change and Mattel may not chose to release the line. This is one more reason to make sure you talk to the reps from Mattel and DC at EVERY con you attend this year. Be vocal, but polite and try to offer interest and fact. Offering a link to boards where discussion is ongoing caries a LOT more weight than "OHMYGWAD,IWOULDJUSTDIEIFYOUDON'TMAKELSHFIGURESMYFAVORITEISLLANDHEISSO
DREAMYANDYOUCANMAKEHISSCARGLOWANDTHINKOFHOWMUCHFUNTHISLINECOULDBE."

[ March 04, 2007, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Go! Figure

Glenn
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn   Email Glenn         Edit/Delete Post     
Tekwych,
Thanks for the "heads-up" on the Legion figures. I got the word some time ago that the figures would be in the same scale as the JLU figures, so your information confirms this!

I understand that the figures will not be out until late 2007 (Christmas time) or, more likely, summer 2008...

Do your sources have any additional information?

From: Okmulgee, OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a heads-up for Heroclix collectors, there's a new Legion starter set coming out this summer:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/gameresources.asp?cid=41258

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.