Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning* (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning*
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Crud!
Yeah, I think it's a Canada thing. Our Canadian Legionnaires were having scheduling problems during Season One.
You might ask for help finding the air dates in that thread on this forum. Then cross your fingers and hope nothing "important" (though what could be more important than a LSH cartoon eludes me) bumps it off the air.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the episode. I was a little disappointed that my favorite, Cham, didn't get more of a spotlight, but if he's a regular this season, then it should happen soon enough.

As for Brainy's "man-crush" on Supes, I guess it's just a variation on his old continuity relationship with Supergirl. Since they weren't allowed to use Kara as originally planned (see the Legion episode of JLU), I guess this is their consolation prize for Brainy.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

Brainy's fantasy was indeed unsubtle. I don't want read too much into it, but he seemed positively ecstatic "dying" in holo-Superman's arms.

okay. good, I thought maybe I was just reading too much into it. just hope that guy that hates the teletubies doesn't tune in. he will really go on a crusade.

overall, I enjoyed it. nice nods to LSH history. season long bad guy perhaps. hope the they can pull that story line off.

I bet the superman dna came from ebay.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Clips from the show can be seen here.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome Girl! Awesome post.
It's true, you really CAN'T have too much robot bashing.
[Big Grin]
Awesome.

I'm fairly sure after a second watching that the statues are Ultra Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Phantom Girl.

You know that beautiful pink-ish clubhouse/headquarters?

Click Here For A SpoilerThe Legion Clubhouse gets totally demolished! Blown up, burnt, smoking rubble.

..heh heh ..again, for the first time ever!

Best line?
"Ironic. A Brainiac suggesting someone else could be deceitful."

Ooo - burn!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Enigma
What?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Enigma           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked it. It was a decent start. I have rather mixed feelings about Superman-X, though. I don't quite know what to think of him. I really look forward to future episodes and I can't wait for next week.

quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:
As for Brainy's "man-crush" on Supes, I guess it's just a variation on his old continuity relationship with Supergirl. Since they weren't allowed to use Kara as originally planned (see the Legion episode of JLU), I guess this is their consolation prize for Brainy.

I figured the same thing. (I laughed so hard when I watched the beginning, that was hilarious.)
Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
In which channel is the show shown in Canada? Has anybody in Canada seen it?

I saw it, but it's on the three WB superchannels.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Awesome Girl! Awesome post.
It's true, you really CAN'T have too much robot bashing.
[Big Grin]
Awesome.

Thanks, Yellow Kid! [Smile]

And thank you, Nightcrawler! I've been dying to see the Brainy/Superman clip again.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder, since part of this season's purpose is to save Superman X's future, if they succeed in restoring the 41st century would White Trip be restored too? I assume K3NT and all the other 41st centurians would be fine, but that may not extend to Lu since she's from the 31st C. But it could be an out for her "death"... Trying to be positive here, people! [Triad]

All in all, not a bad episode. Missed Saturn Girl, but liked the development of the rest of the maturing Legionnaires.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved it,loved it,loved it!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
It's still a thrill for me to be watching a Legion cartoon! I loved the way they got right into action, getting this new season underway.

I have NO problem with the clone Superman from the future.

I just don't see Brainy's idolization of Superman as a gay thing, but I don't want to take that away from anyone who is enjoying it as such. I do think it's funny that Timber Wolf made a "out to a movie" crack about it.

I have a feeling that wasn't the last we'll hear about White Trip's death. We'll see.

I'm patient with the "core" cast.

I'm just looking forward to MORE ... of everything.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

I have a feeling that wasn't the last we'll hear about White Trip's death.

I agree.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see how she was unconcerned with it. Her other 2 duplicates were on their knees crying about to die if it wasn't for Cham and another team mate saving them/her. Also I don't see how Sup X wasn't showing any concern for his parents dying. The man was trying to hold back tears.

I also agree with Sketch Lad about the whole Brainy Sups thing. Sups is just his hero, THATS IT. Does anyone call Jimmy Olsen gay? He idolizes Superman to.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got it!

They needed to get rid of White Trip so she wouldn't be confused with Dream Girl, who will be moving into the forefront this season!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longevity Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longevity Lad   Email Longevity Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And so season two gets off to a fast start with overt nods to the comics (death of Trips; time travel from the future; lots of smashing) which this old-timer appreciates. I hope the intro of Superman-X doesn't mean less screen time for the Legionnaires because there are a lot of cast members that have yet to be given major roles in the series. Season three anyone?
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.