Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning* (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning*
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Haha, Brainy is just trying to produce the Oscar winning Holo-simulation of 3007. His "Brainback Mountain" is a story of heroes and love in uncertain times.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
At least it wasn't "I Now Pronounce You Querl and Clark"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Hoes before Broes Clark. Remeber that!

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of my reactions have been covered, particularly the whole 'Brainy h/c fic' holodeck scene which was indeed over the top, but also funny (for all his intellect, Brainy's got abso-freaking-lutely *no* role model for emotional maturation, since his 'people,' don't do the whole emotion thing). Also interesting that the rest of the team knows all about his little holo-romance adventures and considers the whole thing amusing.

My point of contention would be with the presentation of Chameleon Boy. Very 'Beast Boy,' with the smart-alec (and anachronistically slang-laden) remarks. Of all the re-characterizations, Cham's bugs me most.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't particularly care for the episode, aside from the opening scene. Overall it just felt really generic and kind of boring. With all the great Legion villains out there, I'm not sure why they had to bring in someone like Imperiax, and then not even bother to try to make him anything more interesting than a generic invader of Earth with a robot army. And I despised the turning Cham into Beast Boy. And, of all the possible time travel plots they could use, there's none that irritates me more than the "going back in time to prevent Villain X from chaning history" plot. I didn't particularly care for the Trip/DD thing, either, which should've been a bigger deal than it was made out to be.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE just put my thoughts into words about this episode.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't like Cham either. He turned into that generic funny visual ala Beast Boy.

But I did like the darker tone though it could get old if it's every episode.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Based on the opening credits, it looks like we have some background character outfit changes - Star Boy looks subtly different (from what I can remember from last season, anyway), and I *think* Gim has longer hair, but Violet looks COMPLETELY different - a green outfit and a variation of her late-postboot hair - a purple streak on her forelocks.

All the other backgrounders looked the same. Anyone catch anything else?

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flynt Brojj
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flynt Brojj           Edit/Delete Post     
Does anybody feel that there were enough problems with season one that it required this much of a change?

Personally, I thought they were right on target with the way they handled, well, pretty much everything with season one, particularly the mix of old and new Legion stories (not a fan of what they did with Brainy, though).

I realize that rebooting the LSH has become all the rage in the past few years, but was it really necessary to do it in their first, and probably only, turn on television.

Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Does anybody feel that there were enough problems with season one that it required this much of a change?
well i guess that they didn't want to keep up with the "Futures so bright" type of setting.
interesting combo of the LSV and the Fatal 5 or 4 minus Validus. and at least Cham's mentioned that "My Fathers Rich" bit. and i love the Legion's new Crusier. i'm loving this season so far.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the first season struggled a bit at first, but by the end of it it was really getting good. They seem to have messed up a good thing with the "reboot".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I am hoping to see Shadow Lass and Light Lass/Lightning Lass to pop up in the Legion cartoon sometimes this season. *finger crossing*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt Brojj:

Honestly, I don't see much difference between seasons 1 and 2. The tone of season 2 is somewhat darker, and the costumes are different, but overall the changes seem more cosmetic than real.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
The reboot is fine. They are gonna kind of going to have to keep rebooting though if they keep uping the stakes. There will be a season 3. WB is hyping it too much for there not to be. I say we'll get maybe between 4 and 6 seasons.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the 2nd part was much better and paid off the first. First, we're back in the 31st Century. Second, we have Legionnaires in peril, Legionnaires caring about each other, and the orginal Superman. 3rd, Imperiex shows some glimmer of being slightly more interesting than the typical comic blow-hard conquerer.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.