Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion tryouts! Your criteria? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion tryouts! Your criteria?
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so excited about who we may see in the crowd shots for this one. Champions in season 1 was such a treat because we got to see a few people that we've known and loved for years and years before taking their individual places as stars in the Legion's universe. I have high hopes to see some of the legendary Legion rejects. Mentalla being mentioned in this thread really got me fired up about this.

Karate kid was mentioned here too, it would be awsome to see Sensor Girl and KK join together...even Nemesis Kid would be cool.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Champions was a fantastic episode. One of the best and funniest. Mentalla and Jeckie and Val? Wow!
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad: we discussed populations and what the future "person" is going to look like. blond hair is a recessive gene that may someday be extinct, when a child is born with mixed race genes, they are usually darker than the Caucasian parent,
Blue eyes are also recessive, IIRC. In 1000 years, the vast majority of people should appear Hispanic or Middle Eastern, with darker skin, brown eyes and black hair. Since blue or green eyes and red or blonde hair are recessive, they'll never go away, just hang out in the background, and crop up more rarely than they do at present.

We know that the ancestors of Scandinavians came from warmer climes and evolved into their lighter characteristics in a cooler and shadier environment. Humans have just recently come to be a species that rest, works, and plays almost exclusively indoors, out of the heat and direct sunlight. How will that affect the phenomic assertions of our descendants 1,000 years hence?

I would love to see greater diversity in the Legion (including an Asian-looking Val), but that has more to do with my vantage point in the 21st Century than predicting breeding patterns and resulting physical types. It is just better story-telling.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

wait..
I'm sorry if I gave the impression that there was any official news about various characters who may appear in the tryouts. Those names are just high on my wish list.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

You didn't, don't worry about it. I was just fantasizing (I do that a lot!) [Smile]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Anyways, the funniest episode, imho, was The Subs where we got to see them in action. Funny and amusing and very decent portrayals of the Subs.

There are so many - practically everybody -characters i'd like to see both in the cartoon and in LSH31, and some new ones like Jordana Gardner, even though she wasn't an applicant.

Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
My qualificatations and criteria?

1. Power
2. Versatility
3. Tactical effectiveness
4. Time to manifest
5. User experience

Basically a healer, a strong person, a telepath, a speedster, an intellectual, a high-octane energy wileder and a veteran. Or maybe... I just play too much Final Fantasy.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

There's a thread here reminding us of the definite need for a female "heavy hitter". Too true.
It seems to be ok for a guy to have a more passive power like Matter Eater Lad but where are the high octane fems?

I wanna see Ferro Lad's twin sister!!!
Come on guys! Really shake the cartoon up with Ferro Lass!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.