Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.6 Who Am I - Spoilers & Images (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2.6 Who Am I - Spoilers & Images
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Good: The Superman/Ronn-Kar switch. Never saw it coming.

The Also Good: Cham is shaping up (pun intended) to be an interesting and fun character. I like him as an eager-to-please rookie who is not very skilled as a fighter.

The Bad: The plot was contrived and predictable. How convenient that Cham was miraculously healed of his Persuader complex once Ronn-Kar revealed himself.

The Ugly: NO GIRLS!!! GRRRR! (I hate it when Lash is right. [Smile] )

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lm8
In Stasis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lm8   Author's Homepage   Email lm8         Edit/Delete Post     
Couple of other things about this episode... When they went after Cham as Persuader, I kept thinking they would go after the real Persuader pretending he was Cham to get him out of there and let Cham finish his mission. Guess they were more concerned over Cham's safety. They certainly had no problem telling the difference between the two Persuaders. As to the switch, it was awfully quick. They had to pre-program Ron Karr to act like Superman, know Superman was in the vicinity (not off on some other mission) and know Superman would show up in the Cham rescue. It was very convenient of Persuader to escape and give an excuse to retrieve Cham. If Cham had been extracted in another way or Superman hadn't gone on the mission to get him, the plan would never have worked. They had to have all that ready ahead of time before the teleporters kicked in and Superman was replaced by Ron Karr. How were they holding Superman anyway after the swap? That didn't look like Kryptonite they were using on him, but maybe some was around or maybe they put him under red sunlight. There was a lot that wasn't explained. A spy in the Legion's ranks before the swap (as suggested about last week's episode) would have made more sense to make sure the plan came together. There were a lot of factors involved that could have gone wrong.

Also, have been mainly mentioning things that bugged me about this episode or that left me with some questions. Didn't want that to come off sounding as all negative comments. I do think Legion is one of the better shows on the air this season. Would just like them to keep getting better.

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
I'm also dissapointed that we did not see more of Durla. Is the animated version anything like the 8-second war version of the Levitz/Giffin era? We may never know.

Considering that they were describing Durla as a major hub of the space travel routes (not exact quote, but that basic idea?) -- I'd say not. Or at least that if they had the war, that these Durlans did agree to terraforming procedures to get their world safer for the other UP members?

I know that during the 80's, Broadcast Standards and Practices didn't allow any mention of nuclear power and weapons. That was the explanation for why the Decepticons had to go raiding dams or oil fields instead of nuclear power plants. Whether that rule's changed, I've no idea how to check? [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lm8:
A spy in the Legion's ranks before the swap (as suggested about last week's episode) would have made more sense to make sure the plan came together. There were a lot of factors involved that could have gone wrong.

Funny thing is, when Superman was revealed to be Ronn-Kar, I initially thought he had *always* been Ronn-Kar, since his first appearance in episode two of this season. That would have been totally unexpected and would have made Imperiex an even more formidable adversary.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
[qb]

I know that during the 80's, Broadcast Standards and Practices didn't allow any mention of nuclear power and weapons. That was the explanation for why the Decepticons had to go raiding dams or oil fields instead of nuclear power plants. Whether that rule's changed, I've no idea how to check? [Smile]

But what about Firestorm appearing on the last few seasons of Super Friends? He was the "nuclear man" afterall.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reader   Author's Homepage   Email Reader         Edit/Delete Post     
I felt that is episode got a very good plot line. Very few shows can surprize me.
My only promblem is

WHY DOES TIMBERWOLF LOOK LIKE A GORILLA AND SOUND LIKE PANTHER

other than that it was a very good episode

--------------------
SMILE Because the rest of the world isn't

From: In my Brain WEEEEE | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.