Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.12 Dark Victory, Part 1 - Spoilers and Images (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2.12 Dark Victory, Part 1 - Spoilers and Images
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It wouldn't surprise me if Imperiax isn't quite done yet.

The episode was okay, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it. I believe I saw Chemical King in the group shot? That should make a few people here happy.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I saw Stone Boy for next week's episode...again I am not 100 % certain. Can't wait for the final episode and I really hope for the return of Triplicate Girl's 3rd body and Brainiac 5. *finger crossing*

Overall, the episode is not that bad...just a beginning of the first part. not bad.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the episode was really exciting. I was actually chilled/thrilled by evil, powerful Brainic 5! It really did turn this whole Imperiex plot into a Brainac plot.

Just... wow!

Loved the cameos left and right!

One minor whine.... no girls in the training session! Oh well, they were in the cameos and Saturn Girl actually had lines.

After a great episode like this, I feel even sadder about the series being over. Wah!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that was krazy. I loved it!

I don't believe Clark is really dead but what if Kell were destined to replace him as Superman in the 21st century? Just a weird thought.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So far so good. Yup I caught the Chemical King cameo.

Nice tie up from the season opening with Kell saying Brainiac 5 went bad. In the preview, we saw a couple of Legionnaires getting digitized. So Brainiac 5 does need to get redeemed.

My minor pickiness: they kept calling the Khunds "Dominators".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
In the promo for next week I'm pretty sure I saw Stone Boy & Chloraphyl Kid. Didn't see Chemical King, that would be great if made it into the last episode.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of cameos during Cos' speech. I paused the different shots and spotted Chemical King, Dawnstar, Invisible Kid II, and XS all with Legion buckles. Polar Boy was there too (but I didn't spot a buckle), along with all five toon Subs. All Legionnaires were present, minus Nemesis Kid. Poor boy gets no love no matter what side of the fence he's on.

I'm excited about XS' presence, minor as it is. I believe it's the first time a postboot exclusive Legionnaire has appeared outside that reality.

The scene where Brainy knocks Vi out and her hair flower floats to the ground made me sad. Poor thing. I'm such a toon Vi fanboy.

I thought the episode was decent. I didn't see the Imperiex betrayal coming, which was a nice surprise among the unsurprising galactic war we've been geared for since the season started.

Twists like that as well as the different Legionnaires running around in the background always make an episode for me even if the main story is less than stellar. Luckily, this ep wasn't bad on its own at all.

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawnstar?!? oh can you scan the picture here? Please?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I don't have any way to properly digitize my DVR recording, but I do have a digital camera. Most of the scenes were scrolling shots on top of me taking these with a camera, so the quality is horrible. BUT. It'll give you a peek at them until you can see the episode yourself.

I haven't posted images to this board in years, so let me know if I mess anything up (or need to take anything down).

The best views we got of Chemical King and Dawnstar respectively:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

And the team shot. XS, Ultra Boy, Jacques, and Proty(!) who I didn't catch before on Cham's shoulder are on the right. I'm also trying to convince myself that's Lydda and her bouffant behind Imra and next to Color Kid.

Click for fullsize image

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
To bad this show will end before we get a chance to see Wildfire ,I think "One Shot Legionnaire" would have made for a great episode.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Who's that on Chemical King's right? Could that be Shadow Lass? Blue costume, bluish skin...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Depending on the image, I think it's Stone Boy or Phantom Girl. I'd love to see Shady though. I get why Jeckie or Mon would be redundant, but I'm at a loss for why the series never picked up on a Legionnaire with a visual power and alien coloring like her.

Also, I'm wondering if that's Proty at all or just Jo's arm now. I'd love for it to be the little guy, random as it is.

Jubilation
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jubilation   Email Jubilation         Edit/Delete Post     
I will get a better look at the preview when the Legion episode get uploaded (check You Tube there is a cat there is uploading the shows). but I think it was some pretty major characters that get nailed and ones he worked with before.

If that is the case then the day might be saved by those we have not see Brainy work with before. That would leave the following members: Blok, Element Lad, Sun Boy, Dawnstar, Chemical King, Tyroc, Invisible Kid.....

Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dark Victory Clips are here.

-
 -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I don't really have much to say about this episode except, despite the girls being little more than cameos...again(though SG did have that one line), this was easily one of the best episodes of the series.

My favorite moment?

Brainiac 5 "deleting" Imperiex = TOTAL PWNAGE

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.