Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Legion to Appear in JLA: Another Nail #3 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion to Appear in JLA: Another Nail #3
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Also in the July soliciations was another Legion tidbit that may have been overlooked.

In the final issue of JLA: The Nail, the Legion is scheduled to make an appearance. And at least 3 of them appear on the cover.

To see the cover and the synopsis, visit the Official DC Comics site. Or visit my site, linked in my signature.

[ April 12, 2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And I thought I was excited with last month's solicit featuring Black Orchid in her good ol' 70's (60's?) costume!

I can't *wait* for this miniseries! I really enjoyed the first one... and this series sounds even better.

Wonder Woman and the Legion of Super Heroes... cool!

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhh... the Legion drawn by Davis & Farmer again.

Could life be much more perfect?

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it just the 3rd issue that the Legion appears in or are they likly to get small cameo's in the first two as well?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Judging from Ultra Boy's costume, it looks to me like we might be seeing the return of "Superboy's Legion." Or maybe Davis & Farmer just like those costumes, since "The Nail" and "Superboy's Legion" are from seperate timelines. Or maybe those temporal whatevers are really messing things up.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Who is the 3rd Legionniare? I see Ultra Boy, & Chameleon Boy... but missed the 3rd one...
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I see Tinya just over J'onn's brow. Dark hair, white costume, and a touchstone around her neck... it's gotta be Tinya.

Seems like the trio that hung together in Superboy's Legion is still hanging around together in The 2nd Nail.

Gotta admit... The original "The Nail" and "Superboy's Legion" are two of my all-time favorite comics. With The Legion appearing in The 2nd Nail, I will now be buying this series when it first comes out, instead of waiting for it to be collected into a TPB.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks yummy! I love Elseworlds.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Is it just the 3rd issue that the Legion appears in or are they likly to get small cameo's in the first two as well?

There is no mention of the Legion in the solicitations for the first two issues. Doesn't mean they won't appear. If they do, I would guess it would be near the end of the second issue.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
I see Tinya just over J'onn's brow. Dark hair, white costume, and a touchstone around her neck... it's gotta be Tinya.

With the red earrings and blue sleeves, I was thinking Zatanna in her cape days, but I don't have "Superboy's Legion" handy to see how they colored Tinya.

I agree, though, that "Superboy's Legion" was awesome, and it'll be great if he's revisiting the characters. Maybe they'll get a second mini next. (Need a fingers-crossed smiley)

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I did a little digging and come up with this...

-  -

...for a Superboy's Legion Tinya comparison. If I had to bet, I would bet that that was Tinya on the cover of Another Nail (above J'onn's brow). I'm not familiar enough with the incarnations of Zatanna to say that that is not her without any doubts though.

Looking at them together like this, you may be right about the Zatanna thing. I'd give it a 50/50 chance.

[ April 14, 2004, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Hmm. Has Zatanna ever wore a white cape though? I thought her's was blue. I'm with the surfer in that I don't know enough of her history to be able to spot her unless I could see the fishnets. And looking at the picture up close in PaintShop I can see the blue sleeves better (which I had totally missed before) as well as the red earring.

Guess I just saw the long dark hair, white cape and red gem and immediately thought of Tinya.

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Got this picture of the Perez-era Zatanna bust from DC Direct off google:

-

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Oh well. At least there are two Legionnaires on the cover. [Big Grin]
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! Isn't that Brainiac Five directly below the Creeper's right hand? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.