Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Legion to Appear in JLA: Another Nail #3 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion to Appear in JLA: Another Nail #3
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
M'i gnitteb taht Annataz si Kcul Ese-Drol rof Esahp ni siht S'dlrowesle erutuf.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn anyone buy the first issue? It's already got a Legion reference -- Validus as a member of the Green Lantern Corps!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Did it come out this week? I haven't picked up my books yet.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Yes
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another stop to add to my list for when I get out of work later today. Pulling a 16 hour shift so I can only hope I'm coherent enough when I get out of here to remember to pick up my books.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Didn anyone buy the first issue? It's already got a Legion reference -- Validus as a member of the Green Lantern Corps!

Hey, I missed that! What page?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Validus shown as a Green Lantern in another context?

Is this getting to be a running gag or something?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
And really, when one thinks about it, how much will power can a rampaging giant with the mind of an infant have.....?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
And really, when one thinks about it, how much will power can a rampaging giant with the mind of an infant have.....?

If one thinks of will power as being stubborn... Then I can see Validus having tremendous will power. Let me tell you a story...

When I was in my early twenties I was watching my three year old nephew. I had to feed him dinner, and part of dinner was french fries. I fed the kid a fry and told him to chew and swallow it. This really became a battle of wills, for he refused to swallow. I told him he wasn't leaving the table until he ate his food. My nephew is now 15 years old and he is still sitting at the table with that fry in his mouth.

Actually, he had that fry in his mouth for a half hour and never did swallow it. I let him up, I'm not entirely heartless, but the point is you'd be surprised at how much will power the simple mind actually has (if you define will power as stubborn).

Validus as Green Lantern doesn't work for me on a different level though. Validus doesn't have the imagination to wield the emerald energy. His answer to everything would be green lightning from his ring instead of mental lightning from his brain. Or maybe in a twist, he'd do both at the same time.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Simpler minds have more will-power simply because they don't have the reflective capacity to introduce doubts as to what they are doing. With the ability to consider alternative options comes the risk of indecisiveness.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd agree with that. Validus is pure Id--if he really wants to do something, he's not going to be dissuaded by much of anything. (Although we did see Saturn Girl set him back that one time, by presenting him with someone even bigger than him.)

On the other hand, how do we know Validus has a simple mind? Maybe he's just emotionally unstable, poorly coordinated and shouts a lot. Maybe he's complex and thoughtful and just waiting for a power ring to give him a controllable means of expression, you know?

Just like the Super Moby Dick...of Space.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Aside from the fact that it's an Elseworlds, it's also the 21st century, not the 31st -- maybe in this reality, Validus started out intelligent and imaginative etc... but by the 31st century became a rampaging, ex-GL id-creature ...
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
Makes sense. Damn near every other GL--or being remotely associated with them--goes insane eventually. Why not Validus?
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:

He was in the first one too - check The Nail 2, page 6.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.