Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Am I missing a page in my copy of #14?

In one panel, Wonder Woman is deflecting bullets using her bracelets... on the next page, she's in a subway station, and there's no indication of what happened in between. [Confused]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Actually, it's the 100th reply - the 101st post [Razz]

Even better, a numerical palandrome, double duty.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Am I missing a page in my copy of #14?

In one panel, Wonder Woman is deflecting bullets using her bracelets... on the next page, she's in a subway station, and there's no indication of what happened in between. [Confused]

I'm guessing that what she did to her attackers wasn't acceptable in an all-ages book - so they just skipped ahead to her getting to the bottom of the steps.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Read this last night, my first-ever issue of SUPERMAN/BATMAN!

I really enjoyed it!

I really like that the LSV is being used with no apparent regard for continuity, YAY! Things like this are a step in the right direction, and even if this is an "imaginary tale", that's another step in the right direction.

How could the LSV have been so stupid as to not eliminate WONDER WOMAN? Hello! And I just about fell off the couch in a fit of glee when the one and only UNCLE SAM appeared on the final page! **LOVE** the Freedom Fighters!

I am SO onboard for this arc!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I never realized that Kara never existed post Crisis, even as a memory. Talk about a meaningless death.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I guess I never realized that Kara never existed post Crisis, even as a memory.

See Supergirl #75-80.

[ November 30, 2004, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
A very enjoyable issue IMO, and am eagerly awaiting the second.

I really hope that the LSV sticks around as a Rogues gallery for Clark and Bruce. Anything to avoid seeing them fight Luthor or the Joker again.

Like Scott, I highly reccomend Superman/Batman to everyone. It's not the tighest continuity and the Citizen Kane of comics, but its very entertaining and has lots of great guest-stars.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I totally echo Cobalt Kid... echo... echo... [Wink]

Superman/Batman has been a *GREAT* comic so far IMO. (With the exception of the kacksville conclusion to the Supergirl arc).

When I first heard about it I was furious because I knew its launch was in place of the return of one of my favourite ever comic series - Brave and Bold! I had been so looking forward to another comic that showcased the little-seen characters of the DCU and then to hear we were getting a book starring Superman and Batman instead!?! Ugh!

But this series has totally defied my expectations. There have been guest stars galore -

Power Girl
Katana
Captain Atom
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Black Lightning
Hawkman
Captain Marvel
Big Barda
Harbinger
Green Arrow
Uncle Sam
Wonder Woman

- not to mention the entire Superman and Batman families or all the cool and varied villains!

The writing has been fun and extremely fast-paced too, each issue jam-packed full of action and drama, but best of all - things actually *happen* in this comic. It really feels like the future of the DCU is being written in this series. Lex Luthor as manipulative businessman instead of evil scientist - gone as of Superman/Batman #6. No Kara Zor-El in the DCU - she's back as of Superman/Batman #13.

If people are looking for a comic to entertain them then they need look no furhter than this series. Its easily one of my highlights of 2004... and I don't even like Superman or Batman!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I was talking to my comic shop guy last week and he looked it up for me while we were chatting and IIRC he said the second part of this will be shipping this week.
Be sure to look for it in the shops!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, where did you get the cover for #18? I just checked the DC site and they don't have one available.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Blacula, you're totally right about this book being intrical to the DCU in general. Probably more than any other DC Comic, the things that happen here have far-reaching effects with the rest of the DCU. Also, much like how all of Geoff John’s books ties in together, Superman/Batman easily ties into all of John’s, Winnicks, Ruckas, Superman, Batman and a whole bunch of other comic book lines. It’s probably the most central comic of the DCU.

This might not mean a lot to some, but I really like that about it. I also really like that Loeb is without fear when it comes to bringing in Silver Age DC concepts with a twist. He is definitely trying to make them more modern, but without the stigma I’ve come to associate with the phrase ‘more modern’ after the last ten years, as he really tries to be true to the characters, while at the same time pleasing all eras of fans and telling a good story.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
This might not mean a lot to some, but I really like that about it. I also really like that Loeb is without fear when it comes to bringing in Silver Age DC concepts with a twist. He is definitely trying to make them more modern, but without the stigma I’ve come to associate with the phrase ‘more modern’ after the last ten years, as he really tries to be true to the characters, while at the same time pleasing all eras of fans and telling a good story.

Fridge-Luthor "pleased all fans"? Not from what I saw...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, I meant it seems like he *tries* to please all fans. We both know that's impossible, and that most writers don't even bother trying. But I think he genuinely tries to.

The Luthor thing doesn't bother me right now, b/c personnally, I wouldn't mind seeing Luthor and Joker killed in an obscure issue of JLA: Elite or Aquaman at this point...

Reboot

IMO where Loeb's concerned, he seems to be writing for fans of the Pre-Crisis DCU (especially the Silver Age) and no-one else.

Luthor needed to end his term with an impeachment (given that they can't age their characters four years) but having him inject himself with Kryptonite (which KILLED him once before - and that was just the ring, not intraveneously) and Venom (which drives the user insane - AND HE KNOWS IT) before sticking on a green fridge armour was plain asinine.

[ December 01, 2004, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

But did you like my idea of Luthor being killed in an issue of Aquaman? Maybe it'll make the current Aquaman series interesting?

...nah, that wouldn't do it either... [Razz]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.