Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Am I missing a page in my copy of #14?

In one panel, Wonder Woman is deflecting bullets using her bracelets... on the next page, she's in a subway station, and there's no indication of what happened in between. [Confused]

THe bullets deflected back at the shooters, killing htem both... or at least seriously injuring them. The immediate threat dismissed, she continued on her way.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
And I just about fell off the couch in a fit of glee when the one and only UNCLE SAM appeared on the final page! **LOVE** the Freedom Fighters!

It would be tres cool if Sam & WW were to engineer the creation of the FF in this would as a counter to the elimination of the JLA. However, I have to assume that if too many more heroes were to be showing up we would have seen them on the solicitation cover images.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone get S/B #15 yet? Cool Legion appearences by...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The 70's Legion of Superheroes lineup and costumes of Wilfire, Dawnstar, Colossal Boy, Shrinking Violet (the only Legionnaire with a speaking part), Timeber Wolf, Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Tyroc and Shadow Lass.

If you look closely you can see Bouncing Boy, Element Lad and Ultra Boy.

[ December 01, 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: M'onel ]

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Gary, where did you get the cover for #18? I just checked the DC site and they don't have one available.

Previews. I scanned it in.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks M'Onel. I'm scanning them in now.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by M'onel:
Did anyone get S/B #15 yet? Cool Legion appearences by...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The 70's Legion of Superheroes lineup and costumes of Wilfire, Dawnstar, Colossal Boy, Shrinking Violet (the only Legionnaire with a speaking part), Timeber Wolf, Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Tyroc and Shadow Lass.

If you look closely you can see Bouncing Boy, Element Lad and Ultra Boy.

Vi and T-wolf!? I hope they're not sold out...

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
It would be tres cool if Sam & WW were to engineer the creation of the FF in this would as a counter to the elimination of the JLA. However, I have to assume that if too many more heroes were to be showing up we would have seen them on the solicitation cover images.

Not so. Lookee here -SUPERMAN/BATMAN #15 - BEWARE SPOILERS galore!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like they've wanted to keep some secrets for this arc! WELL DONE, say I!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Gary, where did you get the cover for #18? I just checked the DC site and they don't have one available.

Previews. I scanned it in.
Looks like Supes fighting the LSV. Any chance of seeing a larger version?
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Now I'm salvating at the mouth for this issue...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose there are worse places you could be salivating from...

*shudder*

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Looks like Supes fighting the LSV. Any chance of seeing a larger version?

Oopsie! I missed this request. Sorry.

-

Nightcrawler
Founder

Does anyone know when #17 will be released? I can't find the new release date anywhere or why it's being delayed.
The Mess
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mess   Email The Mess         Edit/Delete Post     
I heard somewhere that the ending originally planned for the Supergirl arc had her being EVIL, a trick by Darkseid, and then killed, but she became too popular, so they had to rewrite the ending at the last minute so that she could be kept in the DCU as a hero in her own series.

So, it may not be Loeb's fault if the ending was sub-par.

--------------------
Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar...

From: That's what THEY want to know | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
I was the one who said it to him and I have to say its pretty obvious too. The dialogue, the art, the fact she suffered memory loss. All of it was pointing to her being a creation of Darkseid.

The fact it changed so dramatically is fairly common knowledge around the boards I frequent.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.