Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Best of the Legion Outpost (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best of the Legion Outpost
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
It is available on bn.com for a discount. The due date is October 20. I'm preordering it along with the DC Encyclopedia, due the following week.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
i love it! i never had a chance to pick up these Legion Outposts and i LOVE that these are going to be available. I'm on it! i heard from my ex-boyfriend that there were some cool 'gay' themed discussions in Legion Outposts (including a hysterical image of naked Collosal Boy) and I hope that those bits of Legionaire Business are included.
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Later Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Later Lad   Email Later Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Outstanding. I have heard about the Outpost forever. Looking forward to seeing material in a new format. Long live the Legion!
From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The TwoMorrows folks at San Diego ComicCon didn't know much about this book, except that it was indeed on their schedule. Maybe Glen Cadigan can show up next year to autograph both?

DC's lawyers delayed the Companion for two months. I suspect that they'll have learned from the experience at TwoMorrows, and we'll see this one published when it's announced.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Glen Cadigan kindly sent me the book, and IT'S AMAZING! It's really just as valuable a Legion resource as last year's "The Legion Companion." When I last heard from Glen, he wasn't sure of the exact date of publication, but he said it will be soon, probably within the next couple of weeks...., unless I just jinxed it. [Big Grin]

Here's an article I wrote for silverbulletcomicbooks.com about the book:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/soapbox/110019003313118.htm

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
According to a post by Glen on the DC boards, the book will be shipping on November 24.

[ November 12, 2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: STU Cat ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Just checked the Twomorrows website. All it says is that it's shipping in November. $22.00US. Here's a link (if it works)to the web page:

www.twomorrows.com/books/bestlegionoutpost.html

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This book is really fantastic!
Found it in my local comic book shop in Edinburgh just as I was about to order it from ToMorrow Publishing.

The Keith Giffen interview makes it worth the price of the book on its own!

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I havent even finishd reading mine yet, but it is well & truly fantastic!

In a way, we are so blessed to have this wonderful site to share our love of LEGION, but in another way, fans during THAT time had it a wee bit cooler. They had to work a wee harder.
How BLOWN AWAY were they every time Dave Cockrum contributed a cover or peice of art or they got to talk to Jim Shooter for THE LEGION OUTPOST?

It must have been quite a time to be a Legion fan!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree... Fans nowadays don't know how lucky they are to have the Internet to help them get in touch with their favorite creators...

The more I read this book, the more I'm happy I got it...

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin         Edit/Delete Post     
Great seeing and glancing through The Best of the Legion Outposts and seeing some of my comissions and being acknowedged by Glen.
Kevin

From: Metro NYC also known as NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got mine right now! [Big Grin Bounce]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.