Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #15 - TOTALLY SPOILED! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #15 - TOTALLY SPOILED!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
WoooHOO! Grell Legion by Pacheo!!!! Can't wait to pick this one up!

Yeah, it's a bummer that this Legion returns only to be slaughtered... but I'll TAKE IT!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by joe mondo:
That is SOME variation on Dawnstar's costume. It looks like the crotch is fully exposed.

Yup. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "two-piece swimsuit"...

Zoomed in a bit:

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hey, where's everyone's favorite near-nude Freedom Fighter... The Black Condor?

Hey! They forgot him. I wonder if that'll mean anything.
Condor was, IIRC, a US Senator in his civilian life. I think we can asusme, based on the scenes of devesation in DC we witnessed last issue, that the Senator was probably killed along with most of the existing US Govt. power strucute.

If this is the case, it would have been nice to see some mention of him though, rather than having him dropped completely.

As for why the FF has not aged from WWII, not sure about that one.

What confuses me more, however, is why the Ray was working in a coal mine. IIRC, he was a weatherman in his civilian identity.

I am okay with how we found Phantom Lady and the Human Bomb, but the civilian ID for Dollman was pretty lame.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion were dimissed like a buncha punk kids but then you gotta assume that Saturn Queen smacked them around a bit and neutered their power levels.

There's some folks I can't quite I.D. in trapped in the green lantern bubble - I can tell Chameleon, Ultra Boy, Bouncing Boy and Element Lad - but who are the others?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Poor Colossal Boy, he gets killed again. *sigh* Also, finally to see Phantom Girl Vs. Phantom Lady. But I find it odd that the Legion is losing very BADLY to Freedom Fighter. Hmmmm...intruging.

Well, if Identity Crisis is to be believed, mind-wiping someone has to have some repercussions. Basically, the FF was fighting the Legion of Dr. Lights.

Of course, I always thought Saturn Queen as an empath who controlled emotions. Not sure how she developed mind-wiping powers.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
And may I state that DIANA LOOKS AWESOME! Love the outfit!

Me, too. The thing I was wondering about was if Diana discovered the truth via the lasso. I figured that she maintained her memories by wearing the lasso.
Had not thought of that. Mkaes sence. She does keep the lasso wrapped around her body.

Still not sure why the LSV never arranged to take her out. Possibly because the could not access Paradise Island? Or maybe they assumed that, in their new "utopia" there would be no reason for the Amazon's to send a represntative to man's world.

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
There's some folks I can't quite I.D. in trapped in the green lantern bubble - I can tell Chameleon, Ultra Boy, Bouncing Boy and Element Lad - but who are the others?

Wird none of these were seed/ identified in the first panel. Also noted Princess Projectra. We've got a pretty complete Legion here. wondering who, apart from the missing founders, might have been killed?

BTW, at least one of the Legionnaires in the panel you refrence, based on the dark costiume, is probably Star Boy.

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
She's no more exposed than Grell's couture has done for Shadow Lass. Astoundingly low-cut, that I'll grant you, but look at the exaggeration due to the angle at which Dawny is depicted.

Nobody's commented on how she now has her shoulders and ribs less covered in constricting fabric, and is wearing a bit less fringe. Both turns that she picked up from what I'm wearing these days. (Or not wearing, as you may see it.)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Better resolutions of pages 10 & 11 posted.

[ December 02, 2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if the founders being missing will come into play later? Or do you think this was it for the Legion appearance?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I wonder if the founders being missing will come into play later? Or do you think this was it for the Legion appearance?

I think they were eliminated so that Clark and Bruce didn't get all confused about who or what they're parents were. Also, I have a feeling that the LSH will be making several surprise cameos in this arc.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd LOVE it if this arc ended with Waid's new Legion taking the LSV into custody!

It would be great exposure for the new run to Superman/Batman's not-insignificant readership and would also leave these cool characters as potential recurring enemies for the team.

[ December 02, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
P.S. I miss Tyroc! [Frown]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Im sorry but Dawny could get a full gynalogical inspection in that outfit. Ladies and gentlemen we have our first genitals out Legionairre.

It was nice to see the legion but this story is so very very stupid. I thought he first issue in this arc was completly stupid but they have managed to out do it. In addition to Saturn Queen never having mind wiping powers Cosmic King has never had magnatism powerrs as far as I'm aware. There are so many plot holes in this it would take forever to go into them all but in the first issue when they were taking out the threats why wouldn't have Diana been top of the list?
Maybe this just is me but I got the impression the world was destroyed. The legion panels look nice but thats the only reason to hand over the currency of your choice for this.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I'm just not as picky over stories like this, which to my way of thinking are just Elseworld's or What If's. After all, in the "real" DCU Washington and the Capitol buildings are not destroyed nor are the JLA.

Therefore, these are not "our" Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen and Cosmic King. They are just versions of the same.

If Eve comes from Titan then she has as much right to mind powers as Imra and maybe she is the most powerful telepath in this reality?

As for CK, I thought his love of magnatism was adressed in the last issue (I'm at work so cant check)

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.