Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Brave and the Bold #5 (spoilers possible) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Brave and the Bold #5 (spoilers possible)
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember that episode. IIRC Batman, Robin, & Batgirl had to make minor but precise movement to break free without injury.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
My big complaint: The collection of ##1-6 will be released with a fantastic Perez cover. So what't the deal? The buyer of the regular comic gets the dumb "faces" cover, but he who waits gets the good stuff - I'm disappointed...

The Legionnaires look way better on this cover!

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Read it last night... heh. It was fun, just like this entire B&B series has been. I think Waid and Perez are really enjoying this ride and it shows.

As for the continuity whositz and whatsitz... I've given up trying to keep it straight.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The Challengers of the Unknown being outside the Book of Destiny. Those are the old school challengers. I loved the ones after them (before Chaykin's version).

Speaking of Destiny...I know he's Sandman's sibling but I just keep getting a Time Trapper vibe. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:

The Legionnaires look way better on this cover!

What cover? Who's got a link?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Now that's a cool cover! Thanks, Nightly!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
The Challengers of the Unknown being outside the Book of Destiny. Those are the old school challengers. I loved the ones after them (before Chaykin's version).

I'm not a huge Challs fan, nor was I keen on the idea of people being outside the book, but it worked. Waid suprised me, in a good way for once.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Name-Got-Lost Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Name-Got-Lost Boy   Email Name-Got-Lost Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
From the DC Nation panel, and relevant to this thread.

quote:
"Batman's now met two different versions of the Legion of Super-Heroes, is he going to start putting the pieces together?" asked a fan. Geoff Johns confirmed, yes.
Dead Dream Girl was probably a clue. [Wink]
Ok, good ... thanks. I've been scouring this board looking for someone who had an explanation posted for Bats not mentioning this.
Better be a good story they've got planned for next year. They're sure building it up to be.

Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
just got finished reading Brave and the Bold #5 and caught this really cool scene of Triplicate girl having been placed in the "Siamese Human Knot" by Batman

You know he had too much fun doing that to Lu.

I was moderately irritated that Batman's fight with Karate Kid did not lead to, e.g., Batman being unconscious before he could blink--at least with the Lightning Saga fight there was the excuse that Val was mind-controlled and all. But c'est Batman.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked the final issue of this arc. It felt epic in scope and they really captured a sense of drama and urgency to the heroes' bleak situation. One of my recent complaints about many books lately has been the thinness of the plots, but the last issue had tons of stuff going on. My interest in this storyline had waned during the middle, but they wrapped it up very very nicely.

I also liked the Green Lantern/ Supergirl interaction here a lot more than the "older man trying not to notice the teenybopper who's too young for him" dynamic from before.

Oh, and does the word "Megistus" mean anything to anyone???

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
lol you would think hal would be sorta more at ease with that..considering his dead green lantern girlfriend.

http://www.glcorps.org/arisia.html

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
See the GLC lately? She's not dead.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Now did anybody notice that #6 was done by a different inker - and the art look even better in this issue?

Really liked it a lot, even though hardly any Legionnaires were to be seen. I don't know anything about the Challengers of the Unknown (what powers do they have, where did they come from), so it was rather like Deus ex machina for me in the end. But still, the whole story was enjoyable. It had a certain 80s style flair to it - inconsequential stories that entertain...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The Challengers of the Unknown didn't have any powers, per se. They were just the best at what they did. Rocky was a boxer, Ace was a pilot (I think), Prof was a scientist and I think Red was a daredevil of some kind (stuntman, or just some kind of risk taker).

Anyhoo, the four men were in a plane crash that should have killed them, but they somehow survived, and have been living on borrowed time ever since. In later years, they were joined by a girl named June.

Their series back in the early 80s featured art by none other than Keith Giffen.

They've gone through some changes over the years, and I think some kind of reboots as well.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.