Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Related Solicitations January 2010 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Related Solicitations January 2010
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
REBELS is good from a story/pacing/dialogue perspective and from an art perspective, but some of the overall larger concepts, such as crappy new incarnation of Starro and apparent death of Stealth are disheartening. I actually suspect Stealth is still alive just from having a familiarity with Beddard's work prior to DC--its the kind of move he'll pull (with Vril in on it). Would I give a recommendation for the comic? Well...yes. But I certainly won't give the hard sell.

RE: Manapul's Krypto. I totally agree! I just want to tell him he's a good dog and rub the side of his face! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I doubt I will pick up either of the Legion-less issues. I already feel a little ripped off, paying 4 bucks for 8 pages of Legion. I'm certainly not going to shell out any loot for only a possibility of Legion cameos. On the plus side, my understanding is that Levitz will focus the book much more on the Legion. Hmmm...will the Legion kick Superboy out of his book for an incredible third time?

Oh, and I agree, Krypto is adorable.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
re: REBELS

Am looking forward to the TPB for my virgin read. As always I'll hold myself back from judging it 'til I've had a chance to read it.

re: Adventure

The completist in me feels the need to buy the Legion-less issues but the comment above struck a chord. I already FEEL that I pay the price of a comic for 8 pages. If DC's gonna be gun-shy about a Legion comic then so will I with my money... :-/

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of the co-features are 10 pages of story - not 8 pages. The Legion story in Adventure #3 was 10 pages. Yea it's still not enough pages, but 10 is
a little better than 8.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
what's with Prometheus' killer CDs ... shouldn't he kill by wireless now? or at least USB? cell phone?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.