Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Related Solicitations January 2010 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Related Solicitations January 2010
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

ADVENTURE COMICS #6
Written by Geoff Johns
Art and covers by Francis Manapul
Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul say goodbye (for now) to Superboy with a spectacular 30-page issue! Ever since Superboy returned from the grave, he has been obsessed with Lex Luthor, believing that there must be some good in the master villain somewhere. So for Luthor, it’s time to put up or shut up. With Superman off planet, it’s time to do some good for the planet earth. Superboy is willing to do what it takes to make Lex’s dreams come true, but what Superboy will discover is that one man’s dreams, are another man’s nightmares.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Francis Manapul), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Francis Manapul and renamed and renumbered ADVENTURE COMICS #509).
On sale January 13 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

-

ACTION COMICS #885
Written by Greg Rucka & Eric Trautmann; co-feature written by James Robinson and Greg Rucka
Art by Pere Pérez; co-feature art by CAFU
Cover by CAFU
With a new lease on life, Nightwing and Flamebird return to Metropolis determined to hunt down one of General Zod’s few remaining sleeper agents. Continued in SUPERMAN #696!
And in the co-feature, Captain Atom is back on Earth, but his struggle to break his ties with Mirabai and Project 7734 aren’t over yet. Guest-starring Metropolis’s own super-powered protector, Mon-El! And check out the connecting cover art on these two issues!
On sale January 13 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

-

SUPERMAN #696
Written by James Robinson
Art by Bernard Chang
Cover by CAFU
“Man of Valor” Part 3! Picking up plot threads from ACTION COMICS #885, the Guardian, Nightwing and Flamebird are hot on the trail of General Zod’s Metropolis sleeper agent. But just as they’re about to uncover who the sleeper is, tragedy strikes, which leads to a completely different revelation. Seeds for this issue’s surprising twist were planted all the way back in James Robinson’s first issue – so don’t miss it!
On sale January 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
And I should care because...?

Don't see any flight rings in January.

[Sprock That!]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that the sleeper agent turns out not one of the General Zod's agent....more likely either one member of Espionage Squad or a LSV's own espionage squad (as pointed out by Cryo-Kid...err....Cryo-King).
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Manapul draws the most adorable Krypto ever!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. No Legion in Adventure... again? Am I still supposed to pick this up under these circumstances? [Razz] I don't think so...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ We could get some more exciting 'Element Lad stands at a chalk-board' action. [Wink]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Manapul draws the most adorable Krypto ever!!

Yeah.
sigh
[Krypto]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't this the second cover with a lizardy thing who has BIg teeth?
There's the 'frog' and the T-Rex.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
More from Newsarama:

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #41
Art and covers by Mark Bagley & Rob Hunter
Be here for the start of a new Justice League era! The JLA have been getting a pounding in the last couple of months, but NO MORE! The team regroups with a new roster that will transcend time and space! Make way for the World’s Greatest Heroes – Batman, Green Lantern, the Atom, Green Arrow, Donna Troy, the Guardian, Cyborg, Mon-El, Starfire, Dr. Light and, yes, Congorilla!
This issue features two covers by Mark Bagley which are seperately orderable. Cover A features Green Lantern and Green Arrow; Cover B features Batman and Mon-El. The cover images will be revealed online before the issue’s Final Order Cutoff date.
On sale January 20 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
 -

and given that Mon-El was in issue 4 this might be of relevance:

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRY FOR JUSTICE #6
Art and cover by Mauro Cascioli
After a shocking loss, Prometheus reveals an even greater threat to the team than they thought possible! How will this new crisis change the face of the DC Universe? Find out in the penultimate chapter of this groundbreaking miniseries event!
On sale January 27 • 6 of 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

-

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Isn't this the second cover with a lizardy thing who has BIg teeth?
There's the 'frog' and the T-Rex.

I'm guessing that the Swamp Monster sent a telepathic image to Kon & Krypto. If he'd done his research it woulda been a Thought Beast.

[Tellus]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm starting to wonder if we'll see any of the Threeboot Legion pop up in Adventure #4-5 during Superboy-Prime's story. Hope so!

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

R.E.B.E.L.S. #12
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Claude St. Aubin & Scott Hanna
Cover by Kalman Andrasofszky

In the aftermath of their BLACKEST NIGHT encounter, Vril Dox and his team realize they must kill Starro the Conqueror. It's a job that requires three dangerous missions led by Dox, Captain Comet and Adam Strange, who will face loss, treachery and the overwhelming might of Starro's conquering horde.

On sale January 13 - 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
how is Despero supposed to strike a deal with Morgan Edge now? (Adv 1/504 preview page)

unless it wasn't Despero...

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Dead Stealth... Dead Despero... Crappy new Starro...

People keep saying that R.E.B.E.L.S. is good but everything I'm seeing of it points to the opposite. [Confused]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.