Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so we know *something* is developing story-wise that has Legionnaires hiding out in the 21st Century for something important. So important that Brainy would rather have had them remain there than come back to help fight Superboy Prime and the Time Trapper. It has something to do with Superboy (Kon-El) because they must specifically be monitoring him, and I suspect Mon-El given a recent development.

Let's sum up who is where and what we know (spoilers obviously):

- Tellus hiding out in Smallville after escaping from General Lane's captivity.

- Starman was rocking out with the JSA but is now off on his own, possibly also to Smallville or something.

- Element Lad is Superboy's chemistry teacher in Smallville high.

- Possibly Dream Girl is a student at Smallville High??? Hard to say for sure but it seemed like they were heavily hinting at that.

- Sensor Girl is undercover as a science police officer working with the Guardian and was likely keeping an eye on Mon-El. She mentioned to Guardian she was recently a widow, by the way, so she's still hurting from Val's death.

Who else is supposedly missing? Did I leave anyone out that we know about so far?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cham?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And Tyroc, Quislet, and Matter-Eater Lad, although some think Quislet's Vril Dox's ship in REBELS.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

- Starman was rocking out with the JSA but is now off on his own, possibly also to Smallville or something.

- Possibly Dream Girl is a student at Smallville High??? Hard to say for sure but it seemed like they were heavily hinting at that.

Interesting possibility with guessing Nura to be 'Lori', but I think that she's too young for the Nura from the retroLegion. Nura would be a contemporary of Jan 'the teacher', not Kon 'the student'.

I also think that Nura is in trouble, if Starman and his urgent quest for her is followed through with and the 'preview' panel at the end of Adventure #1 is accurate.
But, we'll just have to wait and see.

Lori must have SOME significance though.
They (DC) wouldn't confuse things by bringing in Legionnaires from Superman's teen years, would they?
Nawww!

Cham ~
I still think that we've sighted Cham once, as Despero with Edge, on the same page as the 'Nura held by Lane' preview.
I continue to think that because I just saw Despero killed by Starro and he was on his home planet.

Although, he could have have just flown home.
But it doesn't seem like something worth showing if there isn't going to be any further development.

But, who knows? Wires might have just gotten crossed at DC again.
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Like the Officer Wilcox revelation that had no real clues until the widow comments on the page before the reveal, I suspect that any other hidden Legionnaires have had no clues shown.

Don't forget the Guardian Origins and Omens when The Guardian and Tellus were shown with a blacked out person with antennae. Cham? Drura?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, I'm sure we've seen Cham but I bet it'll be next to impossible to point him out until he reveals himself. For all we know he's the scarecrow in the Kent's cornfields that watches Kon walk home from school everyday. Or he's a broken down old trackter on the side of the road. I really hope when he is revealed that its awesome.

I forgot all about Tyroc. Now I want to go back and look for him.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Okay, so we know *something* is developing story-wise that has Legionnaires hiding out in the 21st Century for something important. So important that Brainy would rather have had them remain there than come back to help fight Superboy Prime and the Time Trapper. It has something to do with Superboy (Kon-El) because they must specifically be monitoring him, and I suspect Mon-El given a recent development.

Let's sum up who is where and what we know (spoilers obviously):

- Tellus hiding out in Smallville after escaping from General Lane's captivity.

Shown to have travelled to the fortress and left Mon's temporary cure.

- Starman was rocking out with the JSA but is now off on his own, possibly also to Smallville or something. Claims to be carrying out the last wishes of R.J. Brande, mentions an Operation:Spin the Bottle, hinting an involvement with Kandor denizens on New Krypton.

-Element Lad is Superboy's chemistry teacher in Smallville high.

Shown as a prisoner somewhere, as Thom is worried about her, doubt she is undercover as Lori. More likely being held by Project 7734 or New Krypton.

- Sensor Girl is undercover as a science police officer working with the Guardian and was likely keeping an eye on Mon-El. She mentioned to Guardian she was recently a widow, by the way, so she's still hurting from Val's death.

-Cham Could be anywhere, may not know of father's death

-Tyroc Probably still on Marzal.

-Quislet Perhaps went home to Teall, no evidence of even being in 21st Century

-Matter-Eater Lad ?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
- Starman was rocking out with the JSA but is now off on his own, possibly also to Smallville or something. Claims to be carrying out the last wishes of R.J. Brande, mentions an Operation:Spin the Bottle, hinting an involvement with Kandor denizens on New Krypton.

Brainiac had bottle cities from Tharr, Braal and Winath. what's the betting the Legion have to re-populate these planets?

--------------------
"You were kids"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
Brainiac had bottle cities from Tharr, Braal and Winath. what's the betting the Legion have to re-populate these planets?

Mon-El will probably get tasked to do that, as a sort of sideways nod to Valor.

Grr. I remember reading that not only was Winath an earth colony, but that the Ranzzes were descended from some common earth-name! Now they are all just aliens-that-look-human-for-no-damn-reason. I hate that.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

-Matter-Eater Lad ?

Current thought is Mitch the restaurant owner in Superman, one of Mon's circle of friends.

quote:
- Starman Claims to be carrying out the last wishes of R.J. Brande, mentions an Operation:Spin the Bottle, hinting an involvement with Kandor denizens on New Krypton.

Where did this occur?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ooh, good call BB on the potential cover for Tenz!
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

By "current thought" I meant thought in general. Not sure it was my "call."

When the topic of who's in the 21 century first came up, someone proposed Mitch being Cham (as I recall), but then I put the cooking angle together and thought, "ME Lad." (sorry, just read the "unnessary quotations marks" thread.) (now I think we need an "unnessarry parenthetical" thread.)

I've since seen the idea other placed, so can't say it was mine originally.

Could be a red herring. Or a strawman. Something edible.

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
- Starman Claims to be carrying out the last wishes of R.J. Brande, mentions an Operation:Spin the Bottle, hinting an involvement with Kandor denizens on New Krypton.

Where did this occur? [/QB][/QUOTE]

In his conversation with Tellus

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Current thought is Mitch the restaurant owner in Superman, one of Mon's circle of friends.

That's probably right on!

Was the 'cook' Tenzil with the SW6ers?
I know he was with the reboot.
(He was a lawyer during 3boot.)

But, I guess the retroTenzil can be a cook, too, if he wants.
I know I'd go into espionage and hide a thousand years in the past, rather than go into politics, anywhere in the universe!

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Grr. I remember reading that not only was Winath an earth colony, but that the Ranzzes were descended from some common earth-name! Now they are all just aliens-that-look-human-for-no-damn-reason. I hate that.

Yeah, I hate it, too.
I thought that the Dominator's human experiment solution/Valor seeding was an elegant solution.
Well, the first time anyway.

I WAS hoping that New Krypton would have the mission for the next 1000 years or so.

It's always been too big of a mission for one person, really.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

I WAS hoping that New Krypton would have the mission for the next 1000 years or so.

It's always been too big of a mission for one person, really.

The Invasion/Valor/taking lots of differing people to prospective planets and helping them establish colonies concept was tooo big for one person and so the let's get rid of New Krypton solution sounds neat.

But giving that each of the colonies now comes pre-packaged and gift wrapped, establishing them back on their worlds shouldn't be difficult.

Of course it doesn't explain the parallel evolution (plus the blatantly racist lack of anything but caucasions on these planets) and the ability of these species to inter mate. The Earth colonies was much more plausable.

--------------------
"You were kids"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.