Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
After looking at the preview pages in Adventure #1 I am now convinced that Nura is actually Control from the Science Police
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
It would seem that the Legionnaires have been undercover for quite awhile ~ definitely since before the Lightning Saga, probably all since Thom showed up in JSA.

This is a huge effort!
I wonder which came first, the LSH or the LSV?

I also wonder about all of the time incursion specifically to assist or alter the timeline.

Brainy threw a hissyfit in Secret Origins just over Kal visiting the future.
How times have changed!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KB
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KB           Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerMatter Eater Lad was finally revealed in Superman #694.
Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I posted this on the Legion sightings thread already but is it possible that Tasmia is in the 21st C also. "Someone" sleeps with Lar in the latest issue of Superman and says "as they say, once you have Dax you never go bax."

Who else would they hook up with Lar that would make a comment like that?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, I think it's Shady, too.
And the last panel she was in, everything is blacked out.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
But this is Mon before he met the Legion, isn't it?

That's pretty 'shady', isn't it? Time travelling to sleep with your boyfriend at a point in his personal timeline in which he hadn't heard of or met you?

Maybe she's placing some Talokian imprinting voodoo on him, to make sure he's susceptible to her when they officially meet in her past/his future?

Talok Block-- the technique that keeps everyone's hands off your man!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
That's pretty 'shady', isn't it? Time travelling to sleep with your boyfriend at a point in his personal timeline in which he hadn't heard of or met you?

Er... add the fact that she's, like, thirty-something and he's at most eighteen if you assume things are like pre-Crisis.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Casaloki:
I didn't expect this one coming. This is from the new solis:

quote:
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #69
Uncover the secret aftermath of OUR WORLDS AT WAR in this issue as the identity of the shape shifting, fugitive Durlan is revealed! Continue exploring past DCU events in this second issue of the new direction for the series!

So is this who I think he is? Is this R.J.Brande? Or maybe a totally different Durlan? He must be new to us, or it would be useless to keep his name in secret.
I would just be happy if Brande weren't dead after all. Yeah, I'm a big pushover. Sue me.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Er... add the fact that she's, like, thirty-something and he's at most eighteen if you assume things are like pre-Crisis.
No, the Legionnaires are mid twenties.
18 isn't all that far from 24 or 25 and 18 isn't a 'kid', really.

I like the idea that it's Shady.
sorry

--------------------

Come, join me!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure it's Shadow Lass as well.

But, if TPTB are to be believed then the Legionnaires in the 20th century are at least the same age as Superman at 29 (although the recent Johns penned Secret Origins showed Superboy being much younger than his Legionnaire compatriots).

There's something quite wrong with a Legionnaire going back into time and having sex with her boyfriend's younger self. What does the current Mon-El think about this?

No matter how I think about it, it's just wrong and there was no need for this "development."

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess the current Mon-el would be thinking 'ah, sweet memories...', assuming he knows about it.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah...

"Hey honey, isn't it about time you went back in time and took my virginity? You're not getting any younger."

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What would've been really interesting is if Mon was involved with someone else in the 21st century, and future Shady had to stand by and watch that relationship develop, not being able to do anything about it.

The idea of sending one member of a couple back in time to have sex with the other member when they were still a teenager strikes me as pretty creepy, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I guess you're right.

So, in the Benjamin Button movie, the fact that he loved that one girl through all of his ages was kind of creepy, too.

Any time you mess with time, things can get a little creepy, I guess.

In Dr. Who, a woman called him for help but a time traveled younger self showed up. She still loved him. But they didn't go to bed together.
Sex messes everything up.

sigh
I'd have rathered that TPTB hadn't done it, but at the same time, I kind of like the idea that Lar and Shady were always only with each other.

I don't know why they had to have Lar go to bed with ANYONE.
And their being together wasn't even romantic or anything.

Time wise, the Legionnaires don't have to go back to a time where Superman is the same age as them.
I don't think that Superman is the important or central character, so his age doesn't matter.
They're older then Conner and younger than Supes.
They're older than Lar, maybe by about 6 years.

I want that page of explainations!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I posted this on the Legion sightings thread already but is it possible that Tasmia is in the 21st C also. "Someone" sleeps with Lar in the latest issue of Superman and says "as they say, once you have Dax you never go bax."

Who else would they hook up with Lar that would make a comment like that?

Didn't he sleep with the guardian's niece?

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.