Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legionnaires currently in the 21st Century...lets summarize the subplot
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Presumably most of these plotlines will be wrapped up by Robinson and Gates in the issues between #7 and the Annual, leaving Levitz with a fresh starting point...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Sarcasm Kid:

quote:
although some think Quislet's Vril Dox's ship in REBELS.
Why would anyone think that? For one thing, against that notion is the fact that the objects Quislet inhabits disintegrate pretty quickly.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Mitch, the flirty restaurant guy, HAS to be Matter-Eater Lad!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, lil'rhino!
[Hug]

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
. . .But giving that each of the colonies now comes pre-packaged and gift wrapped, establishing them back on their worlds shouldn't be difficult.

Of course it doesn't explain the parallel evolution (plus the blatantly racist lack of anything but caucasions on these planets) and the ability of these species to inter mate. The Earth colonies was much more plausable.

The other bottle cities' planets may not exist anymore.
I don't know that many planets could endure the kind of geological uphevel that would happen with a large chunk of a planet removed (depending on the size of the city that Brainiac took.)

I also think that like Kandor, the inhabitants might have suffered extreme traumas that would alter how the react to being enlarged again.

As for the races and the interbreeding:
1. we may see more racial diversity now
2. Brainiac may be shown to have interacted with the various populations to allow some to intermix for DNA health.
Some may be too different and not be able to intermix.

Especially if DC goes with galactic seeding, like Star Trek did or directed evolution which might group a number of planets with similarities.

There's also the idea of much earlier human abduction and colonization, already shown in the DCU with Krypton (Daxam) and Earth (Starhaven).

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
The other bottle cities' planets may not exist anymore.
I don't know that many planets could endure the kind of geological uphevel that would happen with a large chunk of a planet removed (depending on the size of the city that Brainiac took.)

While I'm not keen on the idea of these Legion Worlds being eradicated for a throwaway line, it might be an interesting turn for Brainiac to be taking cities from planets that were doomed for completely other reasons, to preserve their knowledge for his own purposes. Using his own insane intellect, he can calculate the odds of a world surviving, and if it's going to vanish in the next few centuries, he can just arrange for it's best and brightest minds to meet for a scientific conference in a city of his choice with some fake communications, and then snatch the entire city.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick thought: is it possible that the details of the "current" Legion differ from the original Legion due to things that happened in the 21st century, possibly caused by the LSV Espionage Squad, and the Legion's squad is back there trying to straighten them out? Maybe once the storyline plays out, we'll be back where we think we should be?

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Casaloki
Senior Officer Science Police Germany-Asteroid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casaloki           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet:
Quick thought: is it possible that the details of the "current" Legion differ from the original Legion due to things that happened in the 21st century, possibly caused by the LSV Espionage Squad, and the Legion's squad is back there trying to straighten them out? Maybe once the storyline plays out, we'll be back where we think we should be?

You see, the first and worst thing that has changed is the White Witch. This happend not for character development only, as I think. They have plans with here. So, with the White Witch turned black we will not go back to normal. (We should be worried, because in this continuity the Magic Wars didn't happen already. And now she is replacing Mordru, oh my dear!)
My best guess is, the LVS-squad is going back to change history, so this time they will win the encounter with the LSH in the 31th century. We should read the trade paper again to notice, what important role Clark or Connor will play (but I say we can concentrate on Connor, because both Squads are in Adventure), that the LSV-squad has to interfere in our time. Their plan may be: Let Superboy loose the coming encounter with Brainiac or new Krypton or whatever is planned for 2010, and the future will have better chances for the LSV. Thats my idea, why they are here. And our hero squad is in our time to make sure, all the circumstances will occure. But to make things worse: Maybe they have to make sure that Superboy is loosing, that would be tragic. You all remember the end of the Great Darkness Saga? Darkseid lost but he got the twin who later became Validus. Maybe DC has plans like this for Superboy in the comming encounter.

Greatings from Germany,
Casaloki

From: van Allan Belt | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The LSV 'espionage squad' might be adding their own little tweak to the chrysalis, so that Conner ends up not being the only thing to come forth. Thirty minutes after Conner appears, the battle has moved on, and a member of the LSV sneaks back to secure the little bun in the oven that they've had growing.

Alternately, they tainted the chrysalis, so that Conner feels fine now, but is growing increasingly messed up by the taint (perhaps his Luthor obsession is tied into this!).

Or, and I've just hurt myself thinking of this, so I've got to type it fast before the rest of my brain leaks out my ear, perhaps they went back to make some changes that represent the Legion continuity we grew up with, such as a 31st century with no Amazons, no Atlanteans, etc. The LSV set the seeds for the destruction of Atlantis, Themiscrya, etc. and when the LSH go back and undo their damage, they come back to a future that is unlike anything we've seen before. 'Cause that's what we need, *another reboot!* I'm going to crawl off in search of my brain now.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Who are the leaders of the LSV?

Do they have any huge thinkers/plotters?
Would this boot's future villians think that Konner was their greatest concern?

This is all going to come to a head in the Superman books, they say, so I'd think it's most probably going to center around Mon-El, General Lane, the Science Police, Luthor (and his whatever in the tube that he got in his escape), Brainiac, the bottled cities and New Krypton.
Lar is joining the JLA, so they'll most likely be involved, too.

I hope the LSV's is going to be a part of THAT story, which is very complicated already.
I hope it's not about another 'bun in the over' or the destruction of the Amazons or Atlantis.
LOL!

But we'll never know for sure until it happens, so go find that amazing brain, Set!
[Smile]

By the way, I saw an assistant of Lane's in this last Superman.
She looked a LOT like Esper Lass, to me!
[Esper Lass]
LOL

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I was presuming that the person/thing in the tube of Luthors is, to tie in with what Superman did what Luthor did thing, another clone but with Doomsday DNA instead of Kal Els
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeckie/Wilcox (from Superman #687) is wearing Jeckie's original colours. The older guy reminds me of R.J. Brande - maybe that's Cham... but Romundi?

-

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[QB]Jeckie/Wilcox (from Superman #687) is wearing Jeckie's original colours. The older guy reminds me of R.J. Brande - maybe that's Cham... but Romundi?

If I had to guess, I'd have to go with Shrinking Violet.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Wow!

That could certainly be Cham!
Great guess!

Vi is a good guess, too!

Is the Red Torpedo a water type hero/good guy?
Black Manta is an old Aquaman enemy, I think.
And she was in the Blue Waves.

Nobody has mentioned Academy cadets in the ES, but maybe we're looking at Lamprey.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sanderson had a wife and a long police career. Doesn't sound like a Legionnaire. Marla Latham been back there a while? I suspect he is a cop.

Lamprey as Romundi sounds good but she is probably too obscure. Would they introduce a new Atlantean Legionnaire in the ES?. Violet has been in the 31st C all through the Action arc and Lo3W.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Casaloki
Senior Officer Science Police Germany-Asteroid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casaloki           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't expect this one coming. This is from the new solis:

quote:
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #69
Uncover the secret aftermath of OUR WORLDS AT WAR in this issue as the identity of the shape shifting, fugitive Durlan is revealed! Continue exploring past DCU events in this second issue of the new direction for the series!

So is this who I think he is? Is this R.J.Brande? Or maybe a totally different Durlan? He must be know to us, or it would be useless to keep his name in secret.
From: van Allan Belt | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.