Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics 4/507 Preview/Discussion (Spoilers) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics 4/507 Preview/Discussion (Spoilers)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Blok went through metamorphosis. He's Marble now.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought, or rather since I saw Strata mature into a female in .LEGION, that loosing rock meant Dryads were becoming female.
But, especially with the new design for them in .REBELS, it must happen to the males, too.

In Blok's case, he remained a dark grey stone rather then Strata's female pink/purple quartz.

So his new look might be a natural progression and Mysa just removed the poison.

But why did she say that the only way that they could be 'together' was if she kept Mordru's magice, then?

They could always just hold each other, even without the magic, if he's still stone that's really ALL then could do.

I think the one who suggested that Blok is now more than stone might be on to something.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
It was my impression that whatever Mordru inflicted on Blok, it is only cured, or kept in check, by the Black Witch's (i.e. Mordru's) magic. If the White Witch were to forsake the Black Witch magic, Blok would suffer and/or die.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
That's certainly a good theory.

I didn't get that from the story, at all, since she was shown as the White Witch while she was casting the magic spell to heal him.
But that would apply to her changing him into flesh, as well, which I didn't get when I read the story, either.
sigh

It's a good thing I come here or I wouldn't know what was going on, at all.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
A quick reply first and then I'm off to read the thread:

ANOTHER awesome LSh backup here. 2 winners in a row. Does this mean Blok's off the team, though? I'd really like to see a Johns/Shoemaker long-term stint, but Levitz is coming.

I thought the SUPERBOY PRIME stuff was quite amusing, and also loved the horror-movie ending. He deserves whatever Laurie has in store for him, the little $#!+.

Francis' art on the Clone-El tales continues to blow me away.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh.

I'm not sure at what point Geoff will have finally had his fill of Prime, but after enjoying his role in Infinite Crisis and especially Sinestro Corps War, my interest in the character seriously began to wane during Legion of Three Worlds. Only a few months later, we get the totally unnecessary BN crossover starring him and hogging Adventure's lead feature.

It's not that it was completely offensive, in fact Prime ended up showing more humanity than we're accustomed to. It's just that a character like this is better in small doses. I get that Geoff likes to use Prime to poke fun at the more corrosive portion of fandom, I do. But how much does he really need to do it? Then, of course we get beaten over the head with it by Prime storming thru the DC offices and blaming them for all that's happened to him. It's just a little too much.

I was also confused by how Prime turned into a Red Lantern after accepting the black ring. I know Geoff knows all of this inside-out, but it seemed a little out of left field for me. I haven't gotten to BN # 6, but I've read spoilers about what happens to Wonder Woman after she got the black ring at the end of BN 5. I guess it relates to that somehow. I suppose someone who gets the black ring when not truly dead, can have different things happen to them. If that's true, I guess Geoff was foreshadowing BN 6 here.

It's always a pleasure to see Jerry Ordway doing interiors, and he came through in this two-parter, albeit with a subpar story attached to it. I really wish Jerry would do a monthly again sometime soon. That said, I'd have to agree with some online reviews I've read that Jerry's Black Lanterns don't quite capture that edgier detail that the other artists have perfected. They look less decayed and more like He-Man's Skeletor more than anything else. Otherwise, he's still a master storyteller.

Meanwhile, Geoff and Francis have done a terrific job on Kon-El's stories. It's a shame in a way that it's ending abrubtly, though I'm sure greater things await for them doing Flash and for Legion and Levitz returning as the main feature. Kon-El's stories have been simple but highly personal. And Krypto has really shone here more than he has anywhere else. Such a shame.

Also a shame that the Legion backups were really getting better as they each installment came out. They were some nice little character gems that I enjoyed a lot. I suppose it's a small price to lose those nice backups in favor of a return to feature status though. I can't wait!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.