Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Ken totally rocks for his updates and appreciate it! (I'm on the road for work posting frm my iPhone so I'll catch up shortly).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
rond has a son. not sure who by.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Another thing that has not been addressed.. who planted the 'evidence' in the arctic in the 21st Century that was unearthed by Earth-Man in the 31st?

There was also a plot thread that did not end in Paul's run, that TMK picked up on 5YL, so would not be in current continuity.. Why was RJ Brande meeting with the Proteans? 'Soul of Antares' or what?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, this is quite helpful!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
(Edited this several times):

About the statues:

Quislet left before the end of V3, so has a reason to be missing from the statues. Supergirl has an obvious reason to be missing (whether she died or not, and whether the current Supergirl is her or not, the post-hypnotic suggestion would keep Superman from remembering her as a member).

Magnetic Kid and Tellus are problems. Magnetic Kid should be there (note that the statues include both dead and living Legionnaires). Tellus was a prisoner of Cadmus and missing from the Legion as of Lightning Saga, which could explain why there is no statue of him, but there's also no statue of Yera, so he would have to have disappeared before Yera joined, which seems unlikely. Since Tellus has since been seen as a member, him being missing from the statues is probably just a mistake.

[ April 27, 2010, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Ken Arromdee ]

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So glad that Levitz himself is starting to undo all the conundrum soon. As much as I love that the old continuity stories are returning to the DCU, the way it was done - often just for the "oops effect", not for story reasons - leaves the new writer a lot of work to do.

Karate Kid and Una are one thing, but how is the sudden use of the Miracle Machine in Final Crisis explained? That little gadget was destroyed in a quintessential story in LSH #251, leaving Tenzil raving mad... and the lack of a Chemical King statue in "Lightning Saga" (though he existed only as a statue most of the time during the Firstboot) is certainly something I am having trouble to understand...

I am having no trouble with every story element that can be explained away with "happened in between stories". I only hate those elements which clearly contradict other stories (and mostly have been only introduced to provide a short show effect... not to mention basic sloppiness...)

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.