Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Duplicate Damsel(s) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Duplicate Damsel(s)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I do worry that they'll use her bodies as cannon fodder and if so I hope she doesn't just bounce back like it was nothing to lose a body like she did the first time she lost one.

I'd like to see her use her powers as a sort of teleport hopping ability. By splitting and remerging her bodies at a distance she could be sort of like Nightcrawler when he teleports in hops. She could literally be everywhere at once.

She could also simulate super speed by summoning multiple duplicates in a straight line to cover distances quickly. She could send duplicates on multiple missions and keep in touch with each away team through a mental bond, alleviating the need to put SATURN HUSSY on every mission.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe she should be used as cannon fodder so she could have a cool death scene in every single issue until she's back down to three bodies.
It could be like they do with Kenny on South Park.
"Oh no!! You killed Luornu!! You bastards!!"

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've actually thought she would be interesting with a limited number of bodies (say three), but where the bodies were infinitely expendable. So, for example, if one of them got killed, the others could generate another body, but with a maximum limit of three at a time. So, she could take risks that others might not take, because as long as she still had one body left, she wouldn't really die.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I was thinking "Quintessence Queen"!

With five bodies they should call her Knuckle Sandwich 'cos she'd collectively be like the knuckles of one big fist that can lay on one heck'uv'a beating! [LOL]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
In addition to the idea of Lu being able to coordinate the Legions of Three Worlds, it would be neat if she somehow went all quantum Lu and was able to contact the Luornu's of other parallel realities. She would avoid contact with the Luornu of the 30th century Crime Syndicate universe, since that Lu isn't very nice (and her 'Legion' is even less nice), but the Lu's of a dozen other realities could be interesting, particularly if some of them might be significantly different, turning Lu into a sort of 'Dial H for Hero' character at times, able to call up quantum variations on herself (or perhaps even accessing Hypertime), with different skill-sets or abilities.

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I'd like to see her use her powers as a sort of teleport hopping ability. By splitting and remerging her bodies at a distance she could be sort of like Nightcrawler when he teleports in hops. She could literally be everywhere at once.

And, if she could re-absorb herself at range, she could email herself halfway around the world, by 'putting one Lu in front of the other,' and re-absorbing the Lu behind her as she goes.

quote:
She could send duplicates on multiple missions and keep in touch with each away team through a mental bond, alleviating the need to put SATURN HUSSY on every mission.
That would be an awesome extension of her powers, allowing her to be team coordinator.

She could be like Wolverine, with the Legion divided up into a half-dozen squads, and a Lu on each squad, providing tactical coordination!

Gas Girl - "Wait, why is Copy Chick on *our* team, again? She's not even from Lallor..."

Evolvo Lad - "New orders from the UP, every sanctioned hero team has to have at least one Duplicate Damsel for threat-response and tactical coordination."

Elsewhere, the Persuader - "We're the Fatal Five, not the Suspicious Six! Tell Split Lass to, uh, split!"

Tharok - "No, this isn't Duplicate Damsel, it's really her bisexual pheremone-producing psychotic assassin daughter that you've never heard of, Dakornu."

Validus - "Ruh?"

Emerald Empress, pointing at Validus - "What he said."

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
In addition to the idea of Lu being able to coordinate the Legions of Three Worlds, it would be neat if she somehow went all quantum Lu and was able to contact the Luornu's of other parallel realities.

I think this is a much more interesting idea than just giving her unlimited duplication abilities.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with razsolo. I don't care for any character's powers having no limits, but especially in a team group like the Legion. That has been a potential problem before ("Let's hang out here and smoke cigars while Superboy takes care of the problem. Unless it requires thinking and then we can all hang out here while Brainiac 5 takes care of the problem."). If Lu is going to have this power then I wouldn't mind having some Lu's refuse to recombine, opting for individuality.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.