Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Kinetix (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kinetix
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... even though I've never bought the "Zoe is a reboot Life Lass" argument (their powers are actually quite a bit different), it would be interesting if their search for Zoe actually led them to Life Lass...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Avarice and hunger for power gets people in strange places in real life, so I should think that it would in the DCU, as well.

One of my favorite super-heroes, Booster Gold, got to the 'super-hero' stage through some fairly convoluted contortions, and still isn't exactly the poster-child for 'boy scout' superheroes.

A few members on the team who came there through non standards 'superhero' motivations, like Ultra Boy (former gang-member), Night Girl (got her powers to impress a boy) and Chameleon Girl (yeah, sorry Vi!), add some fun personal interactions, IMO.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

What's fascinating about Kinetix is, though, that hers was never a selfish desire for power. She wanted power in order to be able to better help others, which seemed to me kind of unique.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the things I miss most about her is her friendship with Violet.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
SOmething about her just... worked for me. While I don't see myself as power hungry, I did see a lot of myself in her...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Another big Kinetix fan here.

Her character was going so right until they sent her into that anomaly and she came back a tall (which, :wtf: )brain-dead vegetable for about a year. A completely useless and pointless character turn.

Then DnA came on board and in that Worlds issue brought back the fun, bubbly, can-do Kinetix that we all knew and love. And showed that they really got her character too. I was thrilled. And then all of a sudden they went and turned her into that terra-morph zombie thing and that was the end.

Geoff Johns' killing of her was an act of mercy IMO.

Poor Kinetix. [Kinetix]

What could have been. [Frown]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a lot of that, 'what could have been' in the DCU.

I almost said her TK powers, but went with Life Lass because that's what I rmember from her introduction.

And I agree that her motives were usually okay, but she wanted the Eye pretty badly and her almost trance-like attitude around artifacts suggested something deeper going on, which is a plus, really.

Zoe had flaws and we identify with flaws, I do anyway.
I love Cos, but he's as remote in his perfection as Brainy is in his super-intellegence or Imra is in her cold self-control.

Zoe's more like 'us'.
imo

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinetix and XS were the two best things to come out of the 90s Legion.

Unfortuantely, Kinetix was ruined with all of the ridiculous changes made to her. But aren't her orginal powers very similar to Quislet's abilities? I guess she'd be a bit redundant. And I wouldn't want to see her as a sorceress -- that's the White Witch's department.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, her powers are pretty close to Quislet's, though the current Legion seems to have completely thrown out the "duplication of powers" rule.

For the record:

1) Kinetix = telekinetic who can restructure objects at the micro-scale.

2) Quislet = inhabits inanimate objects and restrutures them at the micro-scale, plus what he inhabits disintegrates after a certain amount of time.

3) Life Lass = brings objects "to life", basically turning them into semi-anthropomorphic versions of whatever they were.

One big difference between Life Lass and the others is that her animations seem to be largely autonomous. It's not clear if there's a time limit or she has to de-animate them, but I kind of like the idea that there's all these things that she brought to life just wandering around Lallor.

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Zoe's original green outfit better than the orange/reddish one. It was kind of fun when she had a tail.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Green went better with her hair.

Jean Grey figured that out!

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinetix definitely looked better in green... but since her, Jean Grey, Maxima, Mera (and whoever else I'm forgetting) are all redheads that the artists put in green I'd really like to see future red-headed characters in a different colour.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Good point. Even Spider-Girl's in a green tunic last I saw (although she's no longer a redhead, go figure.)

Gold goes well with red, and a dark blue outfit against flowing red hair might be neat. Alan Davis managed to make Looker pretty distinctive with the mass of red hair and purple leotard. (I don't recall, but I think Marvel's Medusa is also usually wearing purple...)

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Medusa's royalty, so she wears purple one way or the other, and she never looked good in green for some reason.

I'd go with gold, I think.

I love the idea of animated creature chairs and mops and things running around Lallor.
I remember a fairy tale when I was a kid of a girl who learned how to clean up after herself when her fairygodmother animated all of the things in her cottage to talk to the kid and hit her over the head, etc. until she did the chores.
[Smile]

Also, they might run around breeding all sorts of stranges things!
The dish really COULD run away with the spoon!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
In a word, No. Never liked her.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.