Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it?
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
i'll wait to discuss it, but hmmm I'll say this much...i'm intrigued. And who knows a certain someone's future may not be crystal clear as a certain green boy thinks...after all...Jenette Kahn isn't around this time.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Got it, have not read it yet though.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Got it. Love it. Want to know more about the annual.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I am looking forward to the annual as well. I liked this issue better than any other in this "story" so far. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Supergirl thing going forward.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
don't want to read any more of super girl,i dont like her. she has done nothing but be annoying/ whoreish dressed and ever and i mean every time i flipped threw a book to give her a new shot it let me down. but it looks like i might have to get this annual to she how she fits into continuity of a book i do read. until then they will continue to be referencing things they think we should know, but didn't tell us. im getting really sick of having to get other books to understand the one im currently reading, what happened to telling a story in the book your reading?

why cant they just leave the legion in it bubble that never really showed in other comics

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed this book. I love the interaction between Kara and Brainy. I'm looking forward to the annual and how all of this will turn out.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! Somebody spoil it already!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quoting Hellblazerraiser from DC Message Boards since he's far more eloquent than I am:

Spoilers.....

.... Brainiac 5 , in his narration, mentions that they were love in the 31st Century as he and Kara cutely bicker back and forth. Kara's memory was altered prior to her returning to the 21st Century and there is some untold story about the first time she met the Earth–0 LSH .

In his narration, Brainy also mentions Kara's death. There is a SUPERGIRL annual coming up in October that is going to detail this story.

I've only started accepting this Supergirl since Sterling Gates took over the SUPERGIRL book, because he has a done 180 with the her and now she finally has an actual personality and is starting to come across as the real deal.

I never thought I would say this about the current Supergirl ( Pre–CRISIS Kara Zor-El holds a deeply personal place for me and no one can replace her), but I am hoping that they go forward with a true romance between Querl Dox and Kara Zor-El .

From all indications it looks like they are finally going to enter into a true relationship.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
he looks like he is pushing forty she is like sixteen that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooo soooooooooooooooo creepy

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
She does mention the age thing.. it's kinda funny.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Did he mention the robot he once built in his sleep? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
he looks like he is pushing forty she is like sixteen that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooo soooooooooooooooo creepy

At the moment, but it sounds like the Annual is set in his past and her future. In other words, it'll show her joining the Legion in the Annual....Just as Brainy joins, retroactively re-inserting Supergirl back into the Legion's history.

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad to see someone is trying to address how Supergirl fits into this version of the Legion. There are still a lot of holes, but I can wait for the annual. I was disappointed that Supergirl didn't mention or make any comparisons to 3boot Brainy. The story also implies that this Supergirl is doomed to die young, which I don't like.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh. So Supergirl is back in the Legion history and it's the current one? So every time we get a flashback to an Adventure-era Legion story she's going to be there in her trampy outfit? Yuck!

Poor Laurel Gand. I came to really like Andromeda. She's definitely the biggest loser in the retroboot.

I do like the pre-Crisis Supergirl though so if they can turn the current one into a semblance of her previous self instead of the trampy-looking, team-hopping, constantly fighting with other heroes disappointment she's been for the first few years of her re-introduction then I can live with this decision.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So from the Legion's perspective, she died but apparently not in Crisis?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.