Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it?
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
It's still fuzzy. Brainiac 5 thinks about how much hearing Kara's voice reminds him of how much he loved her, and how much it hurt when "you died".

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked it!
It did leave me confused, but hopefully the Annual will clarify things.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     

[ April 22, 2010, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So from the Legion's perspective, she died but apparently not in Crisis?

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
It's still fuzzy. Brainiac 5 thinks about how much hearing Kara's voice reminds him of how much he loved her, and how much it hurt when "you died".

As lilrhino says and shows so eloquently, it's confusing.

I don't think that the original Kara should be fogotten and/or replaced by a different version of her.
THIS Brainy is supposed to be the only being in any of the realities to remember her.
Now, we're told that the original never existed?!!!
I HATE the idea!

They brought back the original Barry/Flash.
They can just bring back the original Kara/Supergirl!
She can be displaced into the future with Brainy, fine, but it needs to be the original, imo.

If they don't, then this is truly just another new boot of the Legion, not even a retroboot, with slight differences, but a whole new boot.
I think.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! I posted the same thing 5 times!!
Would someone be so kind as to delete the extras??

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So from the Legion's perspective, she died but apparently not in Crisis?

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:

As lilrhino says and shows so eloquently, it's confusing.

I don't think that the original Kara should be forgotten and/or replaced by a different version of her.
THIS Brainy is supposed to be the only being in any of the realities to remember her.
Now, we're told that the original never existed?!!!
I HATE the idea!

She can be displaced into the future with Brainy, fine, but it needs to be the original, imo.

If they don't, then this is truly just another new boot of the Legion, not even a retroboot, with slight differences, but a whole new boot.
I think.

can i hug you for that:Holt:

i hate that they are just so willing to write off that silver age kara ever existed why? so this super girl can be the one true super girl? the one until a few months ago no one liked? one they are already hinting in this very book needs to die again?

i was asking that very same Question early in another thread here, if your changing the past of that book to make it fit now. just call it four boot- that have a similar but differences experiences from the legion we all loved and lets move on.

im sick to death of waiting for things to be cleared up if you buy this-this-that- and kill your first born.

wasn't the WHOLE POINT of bringing back the older team was to stop having things so messy?

and if you are so committed to Fixing Kara/Querl romance do it in comic book a b c of formula of we now have two charters that are the same person.

They have STATED they know about other Universes, they have meet people other versions of themselves, for the love of GOD just make silver age Kara from another universe. problem solved. its not like the legion was above lying to Clark and Kara when they got to the 31st century. silver age Kara could have thought she was in her worlds Future when she was really in this one. problem solved.

just think how many plot holes- could be cover up with that with this.
SUPERMAN:"but you said..."
ANY LEGIONNAIRE: i was lieing."

and its not hard to picture them saying that to clark. in the beginning the legion were a bunch of teenagers with SUPER POWERS AND NO ADULT SUPER VISION. who's first interaction with clark was to nearly give him a heart attack about the lost of his secret identity? you dont think every once and a while they would lie to the guy to screw with him a bit?

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
don't want to read any more of super girl,i dont like her. she has done nothing but be annoying/ whoreish dressed and ever and i mean every time i flipped threw a book to give her a new shot it let me down.

at first i agreed with wou. loeb wanted to refresh the character by making her sort of a spoiler brat. once again, it showed how aged people just don't get teenagers, and when they have to describe them it always happen with a sort of contempt (see waid's threeboot, too).

anyway, sas superboy-supergirl well said, from "new krypton" on DC diegetically fixed the character, and now (imho) she's just as lovely as the pre-crisis version.

quote:

isn't that exactly what they did?

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this issue was a good read overall. Luthor was especially lethal here and i can't wait to see his end game. I think the annual will clarify most of our question about the Brainy/Kara mystery, and I think we'll be seeing this Supergirl in the pages of the new monthy Legion title from time to time as well. I prefer this version of Kara over all others myself.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
well its not set in stone she's dead *remember future being all flexible and all that* but also its about perspective...from the adult brainy's perspective she's dead. Who's to say that she's alive and he doesnt presently know it? Future is open...and like I said before there is no Kahn and i'm sure no editorial mandate saying Kara has to be dead now.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Jeepers! I posted the same thing 5 times!!
Would someone be so kind as to delete the extras??

I kind of thought you were giving us a visual on the Kara confusion!
[Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Candle:

isn't that exactly what they did?
No.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
No.

why not?

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
kidflash2fan is right. they should have made the Legion's Supergirl from another Earth. That way she could still have died in Crisis, etc. less confusing.
but to have 25 year old Brainiac 5 lusting after 16 year old Supergirl is inappropriate to say the least. AND it does lock her in to an early demise. The whole reason Brainy is in the past is to stop Brainiac from killing Superman because it's not how it was supposed to happen.
couldn't we just have tearful asides where Brainy thinks, "She's so much like MY Kara. i miss her so much...choke..." it would be great.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to admit that a future story in which Brainy has to insure that Kara dies in order to preserve history actually sounds vaguely interesting.

But, as I've said all along, it would've made more sense just to make this entire Legion from another Earth with full-blown Silver Age continuity, rather than trying to shoehorn it into whatever the continuity of the post-post-post-Crisis DCU.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
brainy lusting ? i didnt see any lust.

and it doesn't really lock her into an early demise. its the perception of early demise.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.