Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Supergirl 52 - am i the only one who got it?
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll agree with EDE and others. The post-Crisis alamgamated DCU was/is WAY more confusing that the old multiverse ever was. Worst of all, starting in the late 1980s and continuing to this day, we tend to get stories explaining what isnow supposed to have happned in previous stories, instead of any actual NEW stories.

Chrimminey, I'd rather die than read another re-three-retro-do-over-boot of Hawkman.

EASY Fix. Mutliverse. All realities exisit. Now pick a world and tell a story!!!

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Multiverses also have the advantage of being able to tell multiple *styles* of story with, essentially, the same character, as there are more than one Superman, Batman, etc. Instead of having to accept that *the* Batman is the same character as Morrison's 'Batgod,' Morrison could have been handed an 'Ultimate DC' style universe in which to create Batman stories that cater to his own sensibilities, without any risk of messing up the already established Batman of the core universe.

Continuity ceases to be a boondoggle, as well. I would rather read the adventures of the Waid / Kitson Legion and just accept that this is an Elseworlds / What If / Tangent team than try to figure out how the hell the classic Wildfire is related to the Red Tornado, or whether or not Myg is now 'always has been' an older white man, instead of a younger asian or what happened to all those Green Lanterns that used to exist in the 30th century.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.