Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Connections to the SUPERMAN mythos you want to see in the Legion! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Connections to the SUPERMAN mythos you want to see in the Legion!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Pete Ross! I really want Pete's Silver Age history restored, and his implied friendship with Jo also restored. I'm not saying we need a Pete Ross in the 31st Century helping the Legion fight the Dominators--oh wait, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying! Second Adventure arc!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I want Krypto made an honorary member.

The other Super-Pets are just holding him back.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Mention of Linda Danvers and Matrix.

And a Tana Moon exhibit in the Superman museum.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't mind seeing Supergirl appear as a Legion member again, I think membership traditionally has been a much better thing for her than it has for her cousin....also, seeing Laurel Kent somehow make a reappearance as a recurring character would be awesome too.

Aside from that, I'm happy letting the Legion have as little contact with current day DC as possible to let them get on with building their own mythos.. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Supergirl and Laurel Kent,razsolo.

I'd be okay if Dev-Em were to somehow comeback also.

And maybe a new Insect Queen and Elastic Lad from the Planet Lallor.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:

Oh yeah, how could I forget Insect Queen? I love Insect Queen! [Big Grin]

Also it could be kind of cool if they had a whole team based on Jimmy's crazy identities...a wolfman, giant turtle guy, elastic lad, wasn't there a porcupine Jimmy at one point? They could be from a planet of predominantly redheads....the Bloodnuts of Ginga IIX.. [Wink]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Kent, absolutely (along with the rest of the Academy, especially Lamprey and Nightwind!).

The suggestion that other descendents of the 21st century Krytonians are out there would also be cool. Maybe Kara and Kon, for instance, had some kids... (And even if the 'new retcon' of Kryptonians being absolutely incapable of interbreeding with humans is honored, it's obvious from the very existence of Conner Kent that this 'rule' isn't absolute, since he's got both Kryptonian and human DNA co-existing in some fanfic-worthy bit of Foe Yay.)

They don't need to be *in* the Legion, anymore than we need a Gil'Dishpan Legionnaire to enjoy the occasional prescence of a Gil'Dishpan in the story, but them being 'out there' would be neat.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always loved the Super-Family's silver age connections to the Legion.. Pete, Jimmy, Lana, Laurel. If they aren't fully connected to the Legion anymore, I'd like to see some 're-imagined' characters to take their spots. I liked the idea of Insect Queen and Elastic Lad being from Lallor.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
For me, the less connection to the Superman mythos the better. But I know that I am in the minority with this view.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, Doctor One. I would rather see some sort of Laurel Gand anyway, whether ex-Legionnaire, Cadet, villain, or innocent by-stander.

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:

Oh yeah, how could I forget Insect Queen? I love Insect Queen! [Big Grin]

Also it could be kind of cool if they had a whole team based on Jimmy's crazy identities...a wolfman, giant turtle guy, elastic lad, wasn't there a porcupine Jimmy at one point? They could be from a planet of predominantly redheads....the Bloodnuts of Ginga IIX.. [Wink]

Jimmy's Legion! I love it! Maybe the Smallville exhibit could become animated.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Composite Superman!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
My # 1 choice is INSECT QUEEN.

Some of you may recall that when I was little and just getting into the LSH I mistakenly thought INSECT QUEEN was a major LSH player.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see Dev-Em.

Matrix is a really bad idea. Matrix 1) is out of continuity, and 2) is related to the whole pocket universe mess.

Insect Queen is established fairly recently as being someone else (and a villain).

Wikipedia says that the current Pete Ross knows Superman's identity and I bet it would be possible to use him, but he learned it as an adult. Unless they unretcon the past 25 years of retcons, his previous history with the Legion wouldn't work.

And I'm really against the idea of introducing modern versions of things whose original versions have been retconned out. They make things more complicated if we ever get a chance to have the original, for one thing.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, the "Pocket Universe" can be used to keep some Superboy, Pete Ross, Insect Queen, etc. stories into the current Legion continuity.

If I were Paul, I'd do a story in Adventure Comics in which the Time Trapper traps a moment in time (The current continuity's Superman's past/Superboy's present) in his hour glass which eventually becomes the "Pocket Universe." The Legion steal the hour glass and keep it safe only to "peek" at it in their time to find the Earth a lifeless husk - so they'd always be fearful of what that "Universe's" fate would ultimately be. They could have adventures with that Superboy and cast that wouldn't fit into Superman's history, yet could remain in the Legion's past.

The stories about Dev-Em, Pete Ross, Insect Queen, plus "Superboy" dying & Matrix, etc. are all from the Pocket Universe.

[ May 08, 2010, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Actually, the "Pocket Universe" can be used to keep some Superboy, Pete Ross, Insect Queen, etc. stories into the current Legion continuity.

Come to think of it, so can Hypertime, since DC seem to have decided it actually exists again.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.